2016 MLS Eastern Conference Final - Impact vs TFC

shermanator

Looks like tickets are going fast for the Toronto game. I tried to buy tickets last night through a presale that TFC sent me. Tickets were sold out, and that was less than 24 hours after the previous TFC game ended. I'm sure there are still tickets reserved and waiting to be bought by season ticket holders (I am not a STH) and a ticket rep told me they still have some available to give to people that sign up for seasons for 2017, but otherwise, sold out. There are over 1000 tickets on stub hub though.

Looks like we should easily get a packed house. I hope they open up the Grey Cup temp seating as well. It would be amazing (and I believe it's possible, correct me if I'm wrong) if the home and away series drew 100k fans combined!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man the wait is killing me. 6 more days. I've been reading up on what all the major sports networks in Canada and MLS have been saying about this even though there's this lull and I must say it ain't that bad. Sportsnet and TSN doing lots of coverage for TFC while RDS and TVA Sports do a good job coming with stories everyday on the Impact. 

I find it unfortunate that some if not most of the soccer fans here couldn't get the pleasure of understanding the French commentary from the players and journalists. Don't take it the wrong way I just think it's really cool to know what the opposition has to say. 

Pretty amazing that this is sold out well done. Montreal has a nice history of getting big crowds out to watch their local pro soccer teams in big games at Olympic Stadium over the years, for us old farts who can forget way back in 1981 in the old NASL in a playoff game the Montreal Manic versus the Chicago Sting where over 58 000 was on hand at Olympic Stadium in Montreal to watch that game, the Impact before they got into the MLS a few years ago getting something like 55 000 for a Champions League semi final I think versus Mexican Club Santos Languna, also getting over 55 000 for their first ever MLS home game , over 60 000 to see the LA Galaxy at the Big O and of course their  Champions League final getting over 60 000 at the Big O and now tonight another 60 000 at the Big O.

I can't wait to watch tonight's match. The build for the Eastern Conference finals has been amazing, and I think seeing the packed stadium on-screen or in-person will do a lot to build attention to the sport in Canada. 61,004 in attendance tonight, and another what? 40k? in Toronto next week. Can't wait!

Archived