Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Olympique_de_Marseille

Canada vs Brazil, Tuesday June 7th - OTTAWA

Recommended Posts

TIXpageRight_EN.png
Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/events/981384298604921/
Pregame: The Georgetown Pub, 1159 Bank St  (parking is very limited)
March time: 6:20pm sharp

@admin (Jamie) still has A VERY LIMITED NUMBER of tickets in our section (W). Contact him for details. We may be getting a code to buy more in W.

______________________________________________________________

CanMNT pre-pregame Breakfast:

image.jpeg

Since the Men are playing on Tuesday morning vs Uzbekistan we are having a CanMNT breakfast viewing party!

Hosted by @BuzzAndSting  via http://www.youtube.com/c/canadasoccertv

Where: Grace O'Malley's Irish Pub and Restaurant, 1151 Ogilvie Rd

http://www.facebook.com/events/1084809204930199/

When: Kickoff is 10am. http://www.canadasoccer.com/?gid=1387&t=match Game is over at noon. Then we see each other later in the day at the Georgetown!

_______________

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also for anyone interested there are a few people looking to have a bit of a kick about at Parliment Hill on the Monday evening if anyone is interested. Jumpers for goalposts and all that, nothing too serious.

 

Of course if any of the Ottawa supporters groups might have an idea for a more formalized match that might be cool too!

Edited by Old Style Pilsner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll be really interesting to see how Ottawa responds to this game, particularly around our section. It's shaping up to be a solid night in terms of both supporters presence and attendance. People seem interested on both ends.

The Voyageurs section is slowly coming together. We have a new set of capo's who seem keen. I'm sure the section's dynamics will sort themselves out. It's been so long since Ottawa has hosted a national team that I'm sure we'll be figuring some stuff out that day.

For people coming in from the Toronto match: it would make a huge difference if you bring up some V's banners and maybe flags that we could bring into our area. We don't have much in the way of V's equipment yet.

Thanks to @Olympique_de_Marseille for all the work he's put into making this organized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Red and White said:

For people coming in from the Toronto match: it would make a huge difference if you bring up some V's banners and maybe flags that we could bring into our area. We don't have much in the way of V's equipment yet.

Going to buy some Canada flags at Dollarama for a few bucks each (the 3ft by 5ft are $3.40 or so after tax). We will need the poles though. Stephane says the Bytown Boys don't have enough. It would be nice to have a flagline the length of the section. Every person in the front or every 2nd person has a flag (so 12 or 23 flags).

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many chances completely messed up.  I guess it was karma that one actually went in. Kind of a sloppy game all around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to everyone who came up to Ottawa for this match! It was great seeing everyone tonight.

Apart from some mishaps with CSA rules and flagpoles, we did pretty well tonight and had a great time. The V's section was lively and energetic for a full 90 minutes. Scoring that last minute goal sealed a fun night.

Edited by Red and White

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Red and White said:

Thanks to everyone who came up to Ottawa for this match! It was great seeing everyone tonight.

Apart from some mishaps with CSA rules and flagpoles, we did pretty well tonight and had a great time. The V's section was lively and energetic for a full 90 minutes. Scoring that last minute goal sealed a fun night.

Overheard in section Z (three sections over) around the 3rd minute: "Are they going to do that all game?"

Looked like fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the goal was well deserved and kudos to the ref for adding an appropriate amount of time on to the specified 3 minutes of stoppage due to the time wasting of the Brazilian keeper whether the injury was legit or not, referees rarely get that right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

What happened with the flags/banners?  People were tweeting that TD Place took them away?

miscommunication around what was allowed, CSA rules different from Fury rules, and different rules between Toronto & Ottawa as well. Really odd. 

As a result right before kick off a security guy came and took the flag poles away, we still had the flags. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice touch on the goal by  Beckie. Have we found the heir to Sinclair? Could have had 3 last night. I know she came in as a sub and ran at tired defenders but boy did she run at them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

We were also told at one point by security to sit down, and then threatened with removal from the stadium by security.

True. She left rather quickly when realizing what she was asking for was ridiculous.

It's been a long time since we had a national team match in Ottawa. Lots of growing pains yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THIS SITE HAS BEEN COMPILED IN DEBUG MODE WHICH IS WHY WHENEVER I TRY TO PASTE SOMETHING I GET THIS ********:

this HTML class. Value is A much improved perf

I have just about regained enough composure to re-type the post that I could not paste after the game yesterday.

---

A much improved performance. We were the better team and deserved the win. And we have some very promising youngsters who look as though they can be top players. Main take-away for me was for us to shoot when we have a sight of goal! No coincidence that Beckie took it upon herself to shoot three times near the end and was duly rewarded with the third one. Far too many chances went begging because we were looking for the pass rather than taking responsibility for a shot.

And big shout out to the ref for correctly adding at least an extra minute onto the initially signalled 3 for the injury to their keeper. Most refs seem to just ignore stoppages in stoppage time.

And another big shout out for the crowd! Two fantastic attendances.

Edited by Lofty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TRM said:

Nice touch on the goal by  Beckie. Have we found the heir to Sinclair? Could have had 3 last night. I know she came in as a sub and ran at tired defenders but boy did she run at them!

All very true but let's also give massive props to Matheson for setting it up and also for another strong display. Beckie quite rightly chosen as POTM but Matheson was on the short list. A critical player for us IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matheson seems to be more of a true #10 playmaker whereas I think Beckie could fill the forward roll currently occupied by Sinclair. A very good game all around for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2016 at 9:17 AM, El Hombre said:

Overheard in section Z (three sections over) around the 3rd minute: "Are they going to do that all game?"

Looked like fun.

What, I could have met El Hombre? I needed to meet the creator of the Rob Friend fan club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

What, I could have met El Hombre? I needed to meet the creator of the Rob Friend fan club. 

You were there?  Damn!  I should've popped over to see who was there but I was with El Nino and he's not quite ready for the supporters section:

El Hombre: So, who are you cheering for?
El Nino: I just want everyone to have fun.
El Hombre: But we want Canada to win, right?
El Nino: Or a tie would be good for both teams.
El Hombre: But....but...we agree that Honduras can go get ****** right?  I mean c'mon, **** Honduras, right?  Right?

(95% of the above conversation was true, I'll let you decide which parts)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 9, 2016 at 6:42 PM, El Hombre said:

You were there?  Damn!  I should've popped over to see who was there but I was with El Nino and he's not quite ready for the supporters section:

El Hombre: So, who are you cheering for?
El Nino: I just want everyone to have fun.
El Hombre: But we want Canada to win, right?
El Nino: Or a tie would be good for both teams.
El Hombre: But....but...we agree that Honduras can go get ****** right?  I mean c'mon, **** Honduras, right?  Right?

(95% of the above conversation was true, I'll let you decide which parts)

You should have at least made an appearance.  Not only was the famous Blackdude around but so was socceronly.  

Plus I believe all you have said above is true except that I believe El Niño is ready for the supporters section and that El Hombre is not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...