Fikayo Tomori

SCF08

Aye. I would have like JWP too. Always had time for Bowen. My obvious bias aside and considering he was player of the Euro tournament for England and has started this season on fire it's surprising Gordon wasn't rewarded. There is lots of competition out wide though.  Ollie Watkins is another weird omission.

Completely agree with Phillips and Henderson.. Southgate likes to stick by his favourites I guess. 

1 hour ago, Jack1997 said:

The new fifa rules state that a player can switch allegiances if they have less than 4 appearances for the Nation no matter age or when the appearances were made, I wonder if these rule changes are what led to Tomori getting called up.

Most likely yes, but if he falls for it again then this will be on him.

When was the rule change announced? I know there’s talks about Fergusson’s eligibility (which thankfully he’s turned down, he’s going to commit to Ireland thankfully), but I haven’t heard of any of that. Would they still have to wait the 3 years to switch teams? I’m thinking that aside from tomori, that also leaves the door open for Mitrovic (who was selected for Serbia again, so likely tied to them by end of summer), and if it removes the time to wait before you can play for another team, maybe Sali can make the switch.

But Tomori seems committed to England. I assume he will play against Ukraine on Sunday and that door will forever be closed, finally. If England subs him again somehow, I hope he comes home, but if he still holds on to the dream after that, he’s just insane.

1 hour ago, Jack1997 said:

Sorry misunderstanding, it’s still u21

The real problem with Ferguson rumours/paranoia is that he has played 6 games for Ireland. Friendlies counts. - 

- "was fielded in no more than three matches at “A” international level in any kind of football for his current association, whether in an official competition or non-official competition"

I think.

Our salesman is now gone. And I feel like we would need someone with significant influence (Phil Neville?) to build on any luring attempts.

But with the friendly with Scotland on Tuesday, I think he will be played like a hoe from the pimp that is Southgate. 

Levi or Dunk should start with Guehi...but the pimp knows what's at stake, and won't want to lose one of his bottom bitches. 

17 hours ago, Shway said:

Our salesman is now gone. And I feel like we would need someone with significant influence (Phil Neville?) to build on any luring attempts.

But with the friendly with Scotland on Tuesday, I think he will be played like a hoe from the pimp that is Southgate. 

Levi or Dunk should start with Guehi...but the pimp knows what's at stake, and won't want to lose one of his bottom bitches. 

You've steered this thread into quite a dark turn, my friend. 😄

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

Not to mention Shaw, Stones, and White not being there...all who are arguably ahead of him. 

Plus Dier and Coady who were on the WC roster. Plus Guehi and Colwill are younger than him, white is the same age… at this point Tomori has committed to them, it’s done, it’s over, he’s never playing for Canada ever, but you have to wonder what’s the deal here. We can offer him Copa America and a home field World Cup with guaranteed playing time. I get it’s England, but it’s just not happening.