• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

B(R)AND TOGETHER, EXPAND TOGETHER!!!!

:P

again, my personal preference is for the antlers, because they are somewhat crown like(a canadian version of a lions mane if you will) which distinguishes it as the top league.  

But I included the one without for those that prefer that

was tricky coming up with a supplementary symbol for the west because it's so big/diverse, but let me know what you think of the three I chose.  I'm not even sure if they need the supplementary symbols but I thought it was worth taking a look at.

L1s.png

I'm not sure how this would look, because I'm not exactly artistic, but would it work with the white symbols going below the acronyms? The "1" is already hard enough when you glance at it to not think of it as the letter i, having they symbol directly above the 1 makes me see "lio" and "lie" even more.

BTW, that isn't meant to be a criticism of your 1 in particular, it's something that pops in my head a lot when I see L1O mentioned.

And yes, no antlers for me either. You do great work, and I love coming back here to see what you've been cooking up, but I honestly thought the antlers were a joke when you first introduced them.

Keep up the great work!

I'll throw an idea out there for a logo, Guillermo.

Say soccer takes off in Canada for the next 40 years, or magically overnight we had the pyramid of a more developed soccer country. Small cities would have their teams similar to junior hockey, but I think you'd also see county/country/regional/ teams in rural areas with spread out populations. 

I live in such an area, Norfolk County, and I think that's what would happen here. There is a strong county identity here that crosses the small-town divisions. Norfolk Tourism promotes it as "Ontario's Garden" due to being Ontario or Canada's leading producer of over 20 different crops, or "Ontario's South Coast" from the beach towns along Lake Erie.

County Flag, Logo, and Coat of arms write-ups: http://www.norfolkcounty.ca/visiting/about-norfolk-county/

Norfolk-Coat-of-Arms1.jpg

Local soccer clubs Simcoe Youth, Simcoe Elite (the Lightning), and Norfolk Soccer (the Royals) all seem to use pretty generic soccer ball logos from what I can find. 

On 1/15/2017 at 9:24 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Burnaby ideas.  Sent the crest to TSS Rovers and they seemed to like it haha

I think I might change the font.

colours and bird are from the city flag.

Burnaby FC.png

Burnaby FC Kit.png

like the use of dryworld....hope we use our kit suppliers within the league and don't instantly resort to nike, adidas

24 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Anyone got ideas for potential cities in this new BC league?  

Color me inspired by all the recent happenings.  

The usual list would be something like:

Victoria, Nanaimo, Vancouver, Surrey, Kelowna, Penticton, Abbotsford and New Westminster. Give or take. :)

On 1/15/2017 at 9:24 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Burnaby ideas.  Sent the crest to TSS Rovers and they seemed to like it haha

I think I might change the font.

colours and bird are from the city flag.

Burnaby FC.png

Burnaby FC Kit.png

Hey, that's nice and all, but could you make it look like a real logo (like the Juventus one)?

14 minutes ago, Gopherbashi said:

Hey, that's nice and all, but could you make it look like a real logo (like the Juventus one)?

Honestly though, if you're looking for ideas, maybe try some minimalist ones with the bigger cities and see what subtle references you can fit in.  It's one thing to throw them into a complex logo, but it would be a different challenge altogether to do it while limiting yourself.  Might take you out of your comfort zone in a good way.

Just a thought.

Archived