On 5/27/2018 at 12:28 AM, Xavier said:

Having just CAN would mean we would only need one logo and not two.

Hi Xavier,

The only reason I said, "CSA/ACdS" is that someone else had suggested just 'CSA.' 

It's not necessary to have two crests to include both languages.  Belgium's the only example I can think of off the top of my head at 2:00AM while waiting for the French Open to get started.  

Of course, as you said, CAN covers all bases.  

Keep up the good work.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SuperCanuck said:

Hi Xavier,

The only reason I said, "CSA/ACdS" is that someone else had suggested just 'CSA.' 

It's not necessary to have two crests to include both languages.  Belgium's the only example I can think of off the top of my head at 2:00AM while waiting for the French Open to get started.  

Of course, as you said, CAN covers all bases.  

Keep up the good work.

It is not necessary, but it would really be an olive branch to the Francophone community. I'm of two minds, but I really like the idea of having two crests (one on each arm of a jersey?). 

3 hours ago, ChrisinOrleans said:

It is not necessary, but it would really be an olive branch to the Francophone community. I'm of two minds, but I really like the idea of having two crests (one on each arm of a jersey?). 

Don't you mean two solitudes? :P

(I only say this in gest - I'm an avowed Francophile, and anything that promotes equality of the two official languages is great in my books)

12 hours ago, ChrisinOrleans said:

Rather than having two crests, my point was having one crest with both languages, à la Belgique.

1 hour ago, Xavier said:

I’m a Francophone and would prefer a single crest that covers both, whether it be the two languages or a word that is the same in both languages 

Oh, there are a million options. The opinions of Francophones on how best to promote inclusion through design are going to be as diverse as we are. Franco-Manitobans in Saint-Boniface or Saint-Norbert might have a different view of la Francophonie canadienne than Acadians in Clare/Port Royale. This is a good thing, and one of the coolest parts about CanPL groups actually taking French seriously.     

1 minute ago, ChrisinOrleans said:

Oh, there are a million options. The opinions of Francophones on how best to promote inclusion through design are going to be as diverse as we are. Franco-Manitobans in Saint-Boniface or Saint-Norbert might have a different view of la Francophonie canadienne than Acadians in Clare/Port Royale. This is a good thing, and one of the coolest parts about CanPL groups actually taking French seriously.     

Or Franco-colombiens in Victoria, BC ;)

On 5/30/2018 at 7:41 AM, ChrisinOrleans said:

As long as French is included, I'll be happy.

-  An anglo from BC 

Archived