Hey folks, I figured instead of just spamming other groups and pissing people off, I'd just start my own little thread(anyone else who wants to add their own concepts is more than welcome as well!) to hopefully come up with ideas for potential CPL team concepts and get feedback.  

Anyways, here's what I've been working on recently, as always, appreciate the input :)

lGx01yf.png

Also, if anyone has ideas they want to see tried, I'm all ears.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Hey folks, I figured instead of just spamming other groups and pissing people off, I'd just start my own little thread(anyone else who wants to add their own concepts is more than welcome as well!) to hopefully come up with ideas for potential CPL team concepts and get feedback.

Anyways, here's what I've been working on recently, as always, appreciate the input :)

lGx01yf.png

This is actually unreal, huge fan.

Excellent design. It's a shame that there will never be a team located sufficiently close to the west end of the downtown peninsula to credibly make use of the Stanley Park name. I think there used to be a stadium at Brockton Point way, way back, wasn't there?

4 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Excellent design. It's a shame that there will never be a team located sufficiently close to the west end of the downtown peninsula to credibly make use of the Stanley Park name. I think there used to be a stadium at Brockton Point way, way back, wasn't there?

One can dream.  I was listening to a footysoldiers podcast and they mentioned the idea, so I thought i'd try it out.  You never know.  

6 hours ago, red card said:

Hopefully, these are the type of crests/logos we'll see in the CPL rather the cookie cutter stuff we see in other North American leagues and the MLS. 

Haha, that's the idea.

Anyone got any other ideas?  What are the most realistic locations at this point/what kind of imagery/symbolism would work best?  Brainstorming time!  haha

1 hour ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

One can dream.  I was listening to a footysoldiers podcast and they mentioned the idea, so I thought i'd try it out.  You never know.  

I suspected that's where you'd gotten the idea. You should tweet a link to your logo at them and see what they think.

23 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Brockton Oval currently has a capacity of 2000, with parking for about 34.

On 1 March, 2016 at 9:51 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

lGx01yf.png

When does the box office open?

I really do like the CN Tower Snowflake idea, although I'd try it with the TBFC snowflake. It looks a little odd with juts coming out of the spire of the tower, not sure if the linked ice would work out better.

Any chance of doing one for London along these lines of Fanshawe FC, Fanshawe Rangers or someting to that effect?

The origin of the word Fanshawe is old English and is a combination of two words: fane (meaning temple or building) and shaw or shawe (meaning woods). Hence “temple in the woods."

41 minutes ago, -Hammer- said:

I really do like the CN Tower Snowflake idea, although I'd try it with the TBFC snowflake. It looks a little odd with juts coming out of the spire of the tower, not sure if the linked ice would work out better.

Any chance of doing one for London along these lines of Fanshawe FC, Fanshawe Rangers or someting to that effect?

The origin of the word Fanshawe is old English and is a combination of two words: fane (meaning temple or building) and shaw or shawe (meaning woods). Hence “temple in the woods."

Interesting Idea, can I ask what the significance of "Temple in the wood"s is for london?  I've never heard of that, but it's intriguing.

and yea, i'll see if it's possible to incorporate the CN tower.  Might be tricky but could be really cool if it was done right. 

On 03/03/2016 at 1:03 AM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Interesting Idea, can I ask what the significance of "Temple in the wood"s is for london?  I've never heard of that, but it's intriguing.

and yea, i'll see if it's possible to incorporate the CN tower.  Might be tricky but could be really cool if it was done right. 

I honestly don't know. I'd guess when Fanshawe colledge was founded the idea was that it would be a somewhat more secluded " temple of learning" but I know that the nearby park and several things in London are named Fanshawe. Don't really know the origin that well, just thought it would be a good idea to run with for a concept logo.

5 hours ago, CrossCheck said:

Very nice. Looking forward to the Calgary logo. Foothills is taken, how about Bow Valley FC? The proposed NEXT stadium will be right beside the Bow River.

I highly doubt NEXT is going to come to fruition with the current financing structure. Call me crazy but with the CFL owners rumored to be the starters of the CPL, I wouldn't mind bringing the "club" mentality to Canada ie. Stampeders SC or something along those lines

17 hours ago, -Hammer- said:

I honestly don't know. I'd guess when Fanshawe colledge was founded the idea was that it would be a somewhat more secluded " temple of learning" but I know that the nearby park and several things in London are named Fanshawe. Don't really know the origin that well, just thought it would be a good idea to run with for a concept logo.

omg, theres some pretty hilarious urban dictionary entries for fanshawe college lol, pretty happy i stumbled upon this 

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fanshawe+College

9 hours ago, Oranje said:

I highly doubt NEXT is going to come to fruition with the current financing structure. Call me crazy but with the CFL owners rumored to be the starters of the CPL, I wouldn't mind bringing the "club" mentality to Canada ie. Stampeders SC or something along those lines

personally I think i prefer the history of foothills, but that wouldn't be bad at all either.  

To the drawing board! :P

10 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

personally I think i prefer the history of foothills, but that wouldn't be bad at all either.  

To the drawing board! :P

Don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer Foothills, but it is an existing club, which I doubt the Stamps brass would want to pay for. Plus keeping the CFL names allows for instant brand recognition instead of trying to start branding from scratch.

I also really like Saskatchewan Roughriders United as it is the team for an entire province and two "major" cities so there is actually unity going on with the supporters. 

23 minutes ago, Oranje said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer Foothills, but it is an existing club, which I doubt the Stamps brass would want to pay for. Plus keeping the CFL names allows for instant brand recognition instead of trying to start branding from scratch.

I also really like Saskatchewan Roughriders United as it is the team for an entire province and two "major" cities so there is actually unity going on with the supporters. 

ah fair enough.  I guess, as much as it's not necessarily my favourite, it might be the best route to go.  Part of me wonders if Saskatoon would ever get their own CFL team.  I mean you gotta think that the whole Regina-Stoon rivalry could be legendary - much like the Ed-Calg rivalry.  But perhaps thats pie in the sky talk.

Archived