23 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

I didn't bother using it, but just put it up.

Speaking of doing other stuff.. my wife has begun yelling at me for spending too much time on the mod. Just when I was considering importing some of the fan-made kits ... I suppose it'll have to wait. 

if you're wifes yelling at you, you must be doing something right :P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sudbury, based mostly off city coat of arms and flag, which are top notch.

2000px-Flag_of_Sudbury_Ontario.svg.png

CGS_Crest_WEB.gif

thought the antlers were warranted given that this is one of a few coat of arms that has two moose.

most have a moose and something else, so it seemed like it was important here.  plus i just thought it looked cool haha

not really sure which shade of brown/yellow/beige looks better, but you get the idea.

SUDBURY.png

15 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Sudbury, based mostly off city coat of arms and flag, which are top notch.

2000px-Flag_of_Sudbury_Ontario.svg.png

CGS_Crest_WEB.gif

thought the antlers were warranted given that this is one of a few coat of arms that has two moose.

most have a moose and something else, so it seemed like it was important here.  plus i just thought it looked cool haha

not really sure which shade of brown/yellow/beige looks better, but you get the idea.

SUDBURY.png

Oh wow that is amazing flag. Up there with Nunavut 

Please take the moose antlers off the star, IMO it's kind of hideous. Without the antlers I think this badge is fantastic. You can't really get more specific to a city's symbolism, at least the symbols on its official emblems, than what this badge is.

Kinda figured some people wouldn't like the antlers, but I'm curious to see if anyone else weighs in.  I think it looks kinda cool and unique, but I won't argue that it's not completely fine without it either.  

But yea, one of the best flags in the country.

Could easily just be the badge from the city coat of arms and it would look great.

On 28/12/2016 at 0:57 PM, Jahinho Guerro said:

Interesting.

I would try a hybrid name like "Kitchloo" or "Kitch Waterbridge FC" lol. (Sounds like a Conference North England team)

Kitch being an alternate spelling of kitsch and Waterbridge being a brand of sweets (wine gums, etc.) would make Kitch Waterbridge an odd name.

On 28/12/2016 at 8:49 AM, Jahinho Guerro said:

Respects to the thinking behind the creation, but this looks like a coat of arms and there's to much symbol duplication for representation of the same thing.  (3 trilliums, 3 maple leaf, 3 heraldic lions all represent the 3 cities) 

I don't mind having three of something on a crest. 

23 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Kinda figured some people wouldn't like the antlers, but I'm curious to see if anyone else weighs in.  I think it looks kinda cool and unique, but I won't argue that it's not completely fine without it either.  

But yea, one of the best flags in the country.

Could easily just be the badge from the city coat of arms and it would look great.

I think those style of antlers (silhouette) could work well on a badge, but not budding out of the star. 

Obviously this is a deer, but I think styling a moose in a similar pose would look neat. Maybe two mirrored

images (1).jpg

On 12/30/2016 at 7:17 PM, Alex D said:

The TeePees, Thunder, Canucks, Black Hawks, Falcons and Ice Dogs all wear or wore black and red. I'm not saying any potential soccer team has to follow suit but the average sports fan in Niagara recognizes black and red as the norm. 

fair enough.  I can definitely try something in black and red.  I do think you could make a case with it being the coat of arms, city flag, and just generally the colour of water that green and blue aren't unreasonable.  But I also do like to go with the traditional sports colours of an area if I can.

11 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Very early stages, looking for preliminary feedback on general idea.

Laval.png

Laval has a population of over 400k. Commuter trains, highways and 3 subway stations makes it easy to get to given the stadium would be near a subway station...Montmorency would be ideal

Laval are going to get a new arena built to host the AHL team moving from St.John's I think who were originally from Hamilton. They are affiliated to the Montreal Canadians. 

Will be interesting to evaluate Laval involvement with that team. 

If done right and with proper infrastructure, a 7k average attendance is very possible.

However, I still prefer a Downtown Montreal team playing out of McGill Percival Molson stadium on the mountain with that stunning viewe of downtown

My second-favourite part about Barrie is that it's the county seat for the pretentious-sounding "County of Simcoe" (couldn't just call it Simcoe County, after all).

My favourite part about Barrie is the County of Simcoe's Orwellian-sounding motto: "For the greater good"

Could work well with a soccer crest, though.

5 hours ago, Gopherbashi said:

My second-favourite part about Barrie is that it's the county seat for the pretentious-sounding "County of Simcoe" (couldn't just call it Simcoe County, after all).

My favourite part about Barrie is the County of Simcoe's Orwellian-sounding motto: "For the greater good"

Could work well with a soccer crest, though.

hmmm.  Might be a bit long to jam into a banner, but for marketing purposes it could definitely be useful.  

Totally Orwellian though, but not in a bad way :P

Archived