• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

also, was thinking it would make a lot of sense to standardize all of canada's lower leagues with some iteration of whatever the CPL logo ends up being(even if it's not mine) so that there is some sense of cohesiveness between the leagues.

I'll be back later with examples but was just kinda curious what people thought of this.

It would... But it's all provincial jurisdiction. By the pace there things seem to go, it would probably take a decade of arguing to get it done

Probably never going to get a team.  But who knows, maybe if there was some sort of western league and their population grew down the road.

They should at least occasionally have some interesting matchups against edmonton or calgary once the V cup opens up.

well, fort mcmurray and now this, looks like I'm doing Alberta's mid sized towns haha.  Medicine Hat and Lethbridge I think you're up

Red Deer FC.png

On 10/01/2017 at 9:25 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

definitely not CPL related, but something I've been working on and I like you guys so I thought I'd share.

yall like pretty(hopefully) pictures right?

little rough around the edges, but I thought I was pretty clever 

Huskies concept.png

wet he huskies

On 10/01/2017 at 5:24 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

slight update to CPL concept.

antlers made gold, shrunk probably 20% or so.

Made leaf one colour as opposed to two.

slogan... cause.... well.

CPL Clean.png

If you'd like my two cents, here you go:  

I'm still saying no to the antlers.   Also, no periods between words in a phrase please.

If you don't want my opinion, don't read the previous line.

7 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Probably never going to get a team.  But who knows, maybe if there was some sort of western league and their population grew down the road.

They should at least occasionally have some interesting matchups against edmonton or calgary once the V cup opens up.

well, fort mcmurray and now this, looks like I'm doing Alberta's mid sized towns haha.  Medicine Hat and Lethbridge I think you're up

Red Deer FC.png

beauty

11 hours ago, SuperCanuck said:

If you'd like my two cents, here you go:  

I'm still saying no to the antlers.   Also, no periods between words in a phrase please.

If you don't want my opinion, don't read the previous line.

Yeah, I totally get the symbolism, but I am in the "no antler" camp as well. 

17 minutes ago, Levi Oakey said:

@GuillermoDelQuarto We're pretty sure that if Grand River gets a team they will keep the KW United logo. So for us supporters I think we will go with Grand River Union and probably go with their blue and maybe another colour? Any ideas? My computer broke down so I can't do any design anymore.

Ah thats a little disappointing, but okay, yea blue makes sense.

I mean I think I would stick with the colours of the logo personally, for continuity's sake.

No ideas off the top of my head but give it a few days and I'm sure we'll both come back with something.

23 minutes ago, Levi Oakey said:

@GuillermoDelQuarto We're pretty sure that if Grand River gets a team they will keep the KW United logo. So for us supporters I think we will go with Grand River Union and probably go with their blue and maybe another colour? Any ideas? My computer broke down so I can't do any design anymore.

I'd hope Maclean would consider tweaking the name. Even KWC United is a bit more inclusive. No point in alienating any part of the market

1 hour ago, Complete Homer said:

I'd hope Maclean would consider tweaking the name. Even KWC United is a bit more inclusive. No point in alienating any part of the market

Yeah. They see it as a valuable brand. And amongst players it actually kinda is. United has had players from all over.

34 minutes ago, Levi Oakey said:

Yeah. They see it as a valuable brand. And amongst players it actually kinda is. United has had players from all over.

This is the problem though, and kinda what montagliani was referring to when he said thinking parochially.  

Logos grow on people with time(vox did a good video on this using Nike as an example), so I'm not surprised people associated with the team like it.

But at the end of the day what matters more, what the people associated think, or what potential fans think.  

I'd like to think I'm fairly objective on this front.  It just doesnt look like a logo of a professional soccer team to me, it looks like an amatuer team.  

I guess it just depends how they want to be perceived.  

I'm encountering the exact same problem with whitehorse fc though.  There's like 6 different organizations and they can't seem to figure out why it makes sense for it to be "united" because they are all thinking locally.  

But this is a deep rabbit hole so I won't go down it any further unless you insist.  

B(R)AND TOGETHER, EXPAND TOGETHER!!!!

:P

again, my personal preference is for the antlers, because they are somewhat crown like(a canadian version of a lions mane if you will) which distinguishes it as the top league.  

But I included the one without for those that prefer that

was tricky coming up with a supplementary symbol for the west because it's so big/diverse, but let me know what you think of the three I chose.  I'm not even sure if they need the supplementary symbols but I thought it was worth taking a look at.

L1s.png

Archived