• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Gopherbashi said:

Honestly though, if you're looking for ideas, maybe try some minimalist ones with the bigger cities and see what subtle references you can fit in.  It's one thing to throw them into a complex logo, but it would be a different challenge altogether to do it while limiting yourself.  Might take you out of your comfort zone in a good way.

Just a thought.

Yea I've been thinking about a few.  

I'm still not even sure if I like the new Juventus one or not.

I don't hate it.. but I still can't decide lol

well, BCRT3 or whatever the f it's called, meet Abbotsford FC

I included the text, but I think it would make sense to have it initially and remove it after time.  Kinda like how Portland Timbers seem to be doing.  People just gotta know what it's for right off the bat.  

Its from the coat of arms(sensing a pattern?) for the town.  Really didn't change much except clean it up and remove all the extra stuff.

Was tempted to include the thunderbird from the COA, but thought maybe taking the simplicity advice would be a good idea.  Maybe it could be used as a nickname or for a SG or something.  It's pretty seriously badass right?  especially like the heart thats sort of on fire.

iii059_19920081_arms_abbots.jpg

Might try one more for BC tonight.   Hope everyone's having a good week :)

Abbottsford FC.png

just looking at it again, I think i'd darken the blue a tad.

On 17/01/2017 at 10:44 AM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Anyone got ideas for potential cities in this new BC league?  

Color me inspired by all the recent happenings.  

Vancouver crest:  Someone holding a coffee cup with one hand, and texting with the other while walking into a stop sign.

48 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

also, people should seriously consider coming to join us at northern starting 11

NSXI updated logo.png

On the topic of NSXI, it kind of shows that there is interest in CPL (or at least curiousity) that has expanded past the confines of this board. Anything written about CPL gets hundreds to a couple thousand views

2 hours ago, Complete Homer said:

On the topic of NSXI, it kind of shows that there is interest in CPL (or at least curiousity) that has expanded past the confines of this board. Anything written about CPL gets hundreds to a couple thousand views

honestly dude I think it would be really smart if we did some targetted marketing to anyone who searches CanPL.  Could get a foothold right out of the gate.  I don't mind pitching 50 bucks or so.  A little bit could go a long way.'

I'll see what shawn thinks

1 minute ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

honestly dude I think it would be really smart if we did some targetted marketing to anyone who searches CanPL.  Could get a foothold right out of the gate.  I don't mind pitching 50 bucks or so.  A little bit could go a long way.

Targeted marketing in which way? Facebook? 

In terms of Reddit, people seem to be posting our articles so I wouldn't bother with that, free advertising is there.

A bit of marketing coinciding with an announcement could be good though. 

Ps. @Nathanael Martin and I were thinking about resurrecting the Sea to Sea podcast. I won't have time in the next while for it, but if you have some ideas for segments it would be good.

One I was thinking about was having a ~10 part series where we had a skype interview with each CPL supporter's group to see what they are up to, what has been working for them, what hasn't, etc. Probably best after an announcement once this is all in the public eye a bit more though (and I wouldn't be able to put it together for a while yet)

1 minute ago, Complete Homer said:

Targeted marketing in which way? Facebook? 

In terms of Reddit, people seem to be posting our articles so I wouldn't bother with that, free advertising is there.

A bit of marketing coinciding with an announcement could be good though. 

yeah facebook.  Just so it shows up to anyone who has searched for "Canadian Premier League" or "CanPL" through google.

I know it sounds questionable, but I used it for the yukon soccer league and it basically turned it around completely.  We were struggling to fill out the rosters, and now we have almost too many people and I probably only spent 100 bucks or so(and made it all back in registration I might add!).   Small scale but I'm willing to bet it'll go a long way.

1 minute ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

yeah facebook.  Just so it shows up to anyone who has searched for "Canadian Premier League" or "CanPL" through google.

I know it sounds questionable, but I used it for the yukon soccer league and it basically turned it around completely.  We were struggling to fill out the rosters, and now we have almost too many people and I probably only spent 100 bucks or so(and made it all back in registration I might add!).   Small scale but I'm willing to bet it'll go a long way.

Well I'd be in to chip in. Maybe worth messaging Shawn to include in the next group email to see how many people are interested.

Are you writing now? Or focusing on sprucing up the look of the site?

Archived