• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Another CPL logo concept, with some others elements and ideas incorporated. 

cpl-logoo.png

I love moose, and I do think it is a neat Canadian symbol...

But I would never want to see it as part of the CPL identity.  Not on the logo.  Not on an antler shaped trophy.  Nowhere whatsoever around the branding of the league.

Maybe it's just me.

27 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I love moose, and I do think it is a neat Canadian symbol...

But I would never want to see it as part of the CPL identity.  Not on the logo.  Not on an antler shaped trophy.  Nowhere whatsoever around the branding of the league.

Maybe it's just me.

I hear you on the moose thing. The challenge is incorporating a national symbol in addition to the maple leaf....and God knows we don't want another cookie cutter soccer ball in the logo either (leave that for the NT program)

So we're left with a moose, a horse, a beaver, a loon, maple syrup, and mounties. Of them all, the Moose is the most badass I suppose for the affinity for it to be included. 

Honestly, my favourite logo was posted a while ago.

Canadian-premier-league_large.png?v=1477

It's got the maple leaf, it's got a stylized ball, it's a Rondel sheild, it's slick without being too busy and doesn't have silly or pretentious symbolism behind it (looking at the MLS sheid) and being simple, it can sustain color swaps if you wanted to shift it's color to match uniforms like MLS does (alhtough I'd rather we didn't)

1 minute ago, -Hammer- said:

Honestly, my favourite logo was posted a while ago.

Canadian-premier-league_large.png?v=1477

It's got the maple leaf, it's got a stylized ball, and it's slick without being too busy and doesn't have abjectly silly symbolism behind it.

Still have to make some small changes to this. 

2 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

I love the moose :(  

I'd just be sad if it wasn't used in any way at all.

this one is solid.  I don't personally like that it has 6 maple leafs on it.  But it's simple and theres definitely nothing really wrong with it.

The 6 maple leafs symbolize the original 6 teams to start the league.:P

1 hour ago, reme90 said:

So here is my idea for a Kitchener / Waterloo Region Football Club. Props to @GuillermoDelQuarto on logo design.

Berlin City FC Coat of Arms.png

BFC Crest White Background.png

Respects to the thinking behind the creation, but this looks like a coat of arms and there's to much symbol duplication for representation of the same thing.  (3 trilliums, 3 maple leaf, 3 heraldic lions all represent the 3 cities) 

50 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Respects to the thinking behind the creation, but this looks like a coat of arms and there's to much symbol duplication for representation of the same thing.  (3 trilliums, 3 maple leaf, 3 heraldic lions all represent the 3 cities) 

Its a good point, the symbol duplication was something that crossed my mind. 

My wife didnt like the 3 Maple leafs so maybe just 1 would be sufficient. Also there could be 7 smaller Trillium flowers for the 7 Municipalities that make up the Region.

Or just apply 3 different meanings for example the 3 Maple leafs could represent the 3 coastlines of Canada ... or West Central and East unifying under 1 Canadian League.

50 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Question for the Waterloo, Kitchener peeps..... 

How many people actually know that the city was called Berlin and won't think Germany? Is it a common thing? I always hear the KW reference. 

I figured this would be the most controversial. I would say it is very well known that Berlin was Kitcheners old name. Its constantly talked about especially since there was strong opposition to changing the name to Kitchener and the name Kitchener remains a point of contention.

The other thing is you can change the name to Kitchener or Waterloo or even Cambridge and keep the same scheme, however there seems to be a bit of snobbery from each city, not wanting to support the other. 

Plus very few people here, I would say, identify as a citizen of the Region most identify from each specific city. Which is why I thought it would be a good compromise for the club crest incorporating alot of Waterloo with a historic name like Berlin.

My 2 cents.

2 hours ago, reme90 said:

I figured this would be the most controversial. I would say it is very well known that Berlin was Kitcheners old name. Its constantly talked about especially since there was strong opposition to changing the name to Kitchener and the name Kitchener remains a point of contention.

The other thing is you can change the name to Kitchener or Waterloo or even Cambridge and keep the same scheme, however there seems to be a bit of snobbery from each city, not wanting to support the other. 

Plus very few people here, I would say, identify as a citizen of the Region most identify from each specific city. Which is why I thought it would be a good compromise for the club crest incorporating alot of Waterloo with a historic name like Berlin.

My 2 cents.

Interesting.

I would try a hybrid name like "Kitchloo" or "Kitch Waterbridge FC" lol. (Sounds like a Conference North England team)

Kitcherloobridge for the win!!!! :P

This is partially why I'm partial to grand river though.  Makes it more about the area than about any city in particular(Berlin still being specific to kitchner, thus slighting waterloo and cambridge - which I think is a bad idea).  Not to mention any of the smaller communities that might not identify as much with KWC or any of the individual city names but would identify with the River area.

As far as the crest.  Well.  It was at @reme90's request, so I just kinda did what he wanted.  But I agree with those who say the 3 thing is a bit overdone.  3 lions would be enough of the three symbolism.  The trillium would look nice, as you have it, on the back of the neck.  And I think the maple leafs are excessive although not completely out of place.

I think I can get the embroider-y background-y thingy to look better.

Really like the tracksuit/jersey concepts though.  Very german feel to them.  top notch.

19 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Made some changes to my Calgary Wranglers concept.

calgary-wranglers.png

and I gotta say, this is starting to look really sharp.  Personally not a fan of the name, but that horse silhouette thingy thats the main element is a stroke of genius.  Simple and clearly conveys the right feel for calgary.

I think I would ditch the yellow, but I'm sure you could find plenty of folks who disagree with me.

Again, do you mind if I play around with some of it?  Credit where it's due of course.

:)

Archived