Durham FC

I keep seeing that they are sending players to higher leagues etc and a part of L1O, and yet the town of Durham is tiny.

I thought the idea of somewhere small but well run worked well with the atom, which is also present in their coat of arms.  Kinda along the lines of just because we're small doesn't mean we think like we're small.  If that makes sense.  

Durham FC.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Gopherbashi said:

Durham United FC is a joint effort between the major clubs in Durham County, which has a population is 600,000 people.

It's primarily Darlington Soccer Club and Pickering, no? 

Fun fact, Darlington Soccer Club (my old club actually) claims to be the oldest league in Canada, as it traces it's "ancestry" to the Darlington Soccer League founded in 1880

Funnier fact, "Darlington" no longer exists as a legal entity, it was absorbed in the merger to form Clarington 

20 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

It's primarily Darlington Soccer Club and Pickering, no? 

Fun fact, Darlington Soccer Club (my old club actually) claims to be the oldest league in Canada, as it traces it's "ancestry" to the Darlington Soccer League founded in 1880

Funnier fact, "Darlington" no longer exists as a legal entity, it was absorbed in the merger to form Clarington 

#DUFA is a pro-am @League1Ontario Club with Men's and Women's (2015 champs! ) teams. An alliance made up of @PickeringSoccer, @OshawaKicks and @WestRougeSoccer

(From twitter)

12 minutes ago, Gopherbashi said:

#DUFA is a pro-am @League1Ontario Club with Men's and Women's (2015 champs! ) teams. An alliance made up of @PickeringSoccer, @OshawaKicks and @WestRougeSoccer

(From twitter)

Interesting. Fairly sure it was a Pickering-Darlington venture at launch, I wonder if Darlington pulled out. Bit disappointing 

On 1/28/2017 at 10:54 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/medicine-hat-homeless-free-update-1.3949030

medicine hat, considering the ended homelessness there(for now anyways), thought something along these lines made sense.  Also theres a lantern on their coat of arms.

Medicine Hat FC.png

Did you know I'm from Medicine Hat?  Just saw this, haven't actually been online in quite a while!

I definitely like it, but just so you know most intelligent people in Medicine Hat kinda scoff at the homelessness thing.  That lasted like...3 months and still gets posted everywhere.  That was before the bottom fell out of the oilfield.  But the logo without the slogan is pretty solid.  Medicine Hat is the "Gas City" that's why the lantern.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, DannyFromToronto23 said:

Can someone make a Thunder Bay logo they have the Chill and I think they would be a good team for the western conference  since they are closer to Winnipeg then Toronto 

took a stab at it a little while ago.  

turned out decent I thought, maybe a little complicated.

THUNDER BAY FC.png

On 3/4/2017 at 4:48 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

@zen

kinda looks like a propellor on the last one.  Perhaps this is something that could be expanded on?

Sigma Clock [Recovered].png

Yeah i think so. 

I think it might look awesome if the wing was wider too.

9 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

wider as in bigger overall, or like stretched horizontally?  or something else?

Stretched horizontally, so that the 4th feather from the top is at the edge of the outermost circle. Idk if that's too wide but if you have some time give it a shot and see how it looks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived