• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BSB Test.  Not sure we should put the fantasy CPL logo onto a real supporters group. 

Need to scale up the body of the CPL logo, the ball,  to match the body size of the other.   Position a little wider, though the position of the left crest is correct it looks odd when mirrored with another. 

Need to bleed the CPL logo out into one of the images colors. 

bsb-test.jpg

6 hours ago, admin said:

BSB Test.  Not sure we should put the fantasy CPL logo onto a real supporters group. 

Need to scale up the body of the CPL logo, the ball,  to match the body size of the other.   Position a little wider, though the position of the left crest is correct it looks odd when mirrored with another. 

bsb-test.jpg

Just my take, the team isn't named so I wouldn't use Hamilton United. I'd use the Barton St. Battalion Sheild. I wouldn't mind seeing the logo on the sleeve, that way it's not drawing away from the message. As far as the CPL logo, while I admire Guilermo's work, I would hold off until we have an official logo on that front.

16 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

Ha! Brilliant. 

I've been to Climax, SK. Never got that excited. ?

Dildo push hard for win, but Climax come from behind

It was an excited Dildo side that made the trip to Saskatchewan looking for their first success away to Climax since securing promotion to the Premier League from the Atlantic Conference.

Climax were eager to play, and were very aggressive against a flaccid away team that seemed sore and worn out from travel and their midweek Newfoundland Cup match against Blow-Me-Down.  However, Dildo forward Ballsy McRuff scored on a powerful header to put Dildo up 1 – 0 just before halftime.

A reenergized Dildo continued to look for holes in the Climax defence after the break.  Throughout the second half, Dildo penetrated deeply, only to be caught on the counterattack.  After sustaining a real pounding from Dildo, the home side were able to break free and rush forward and score a late equalizer.  A happy ending indeed for Climax.

9 hours ago, -Hammer- said:

Just my take, the team isn't named so I wouldn't use Hamilton United. I'd use the Barton St. Battalion Sheild. I wouldn't mind seeing the logo on the sleeve, that way it's not drawing away from the message. As far as the CPL logo, while I admire Guilermo's work, I would hold off until we have an official logo on that front.

I agree about using the BSB badge instead of the mock up logo. I would also like to suggest replacing the mock up CPL logo with a V's logo. 

Nothing against Guillermo's work but these won't be the real logos and we wouldn't want to confuse people who don't lurk these boards. 

7 hours ago, SuperCanuck said:

Dildo push hard for win, but Climax come from behind

It was an excited Dildo side that made the trip to Saskatchewan looking for their first success away to Climax since securing promotion to the Premier League from the Atlantic Conference.

Climax were eager to play, and were very aggressive against a flaccid away team that seemed sore and worn out from travel and their midweek Newfoundland Cup match against Blow-Me-Down.  However, Dildo forward Ballsy McRuff scored on a powerful header to put Dildo up 1 – 0 just before halftime.

A reenergized Dildo continued to look for holes in the Climax defence after the break.  Throughout the second half, Dildo penetrated deeply, only to be caught on the counterattack.  After sustaining a real pounding from Dildo, the home side were able to break free and rush forward and score a late equalizer.  A happy ending indeed for Climax.

Next up, does Dildo travel to Love, SK? Or is it Climax away to Come By Chance?

17 hours ago, admin said:

bsb-test.jpg

I say use the BSB logo and remove the fake CanPL logo :)

1 hour ago, Alex D said:

I agree about using the BSB badge instead of the mock up logo. I would also like to suggest replacing the mock up CPL logo with a V's logo. 

Nothing against Guillermo's work but these won't be the real logos and we wouldn't want to confuse people who don't lurk these boards. 

Now there is an idea, a Voyaguers logo on one sleeve, the local supporters group on the other.

20 hours ago, admin said:

bsb-test.jpg

Both the CPL and Hamilton United Crests are much too big.  The white outline on the CPL one, plus the white middle don't look good.  If it can't be done without that I wouldn't want to see it on there.

2 hours ago, marauder01 said:

I say use the BSB logo and remove the fake CanPL logo :)

does it have to be fake?

doesn't look good on the shirt, but look at the actual graphic and tell me what u would change.

and re: using the name Hamilton United or some other team name - I dunno, it makes it seem imminent if we use an actual team name as opposed to a supporters group name.  Like the goal is to get people asking questions no?  If people see "Hamilton United" on a shirt, they're gonna go "Hey, does hamilton have a soccer team - wtf?"

at the end of the day it's about generating excitement.  I don't really see how any prospective owner is gonna have a problem with that, even if the logos do change.

lol i mean come on guys.  I have to try and self-promote don't I?  lol can u blame me?

43 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

This is fucked m8

do you honestly think some fucking corporate marketing company is going to come up with something better than this for saskatoon?

goRmOIL.png

how about regina?

eJk1xoX.png

And fuck you to everyone who agrees with him.

This is symptomatic of everything that is wrong with Canadian Culture.  Someone else can do it slightly better, okay well fuck our guy then(Canadian NFL fans).   Why support local artists when america exists?  fuck loyalty, someone else is offering a slightly better product.

You guys have the opportunity to really help out a fellow soccer fanatic(who's probably going to use any disposable income he gains to help the cause) and instead your guying to help out some asshole in an ivory tower.  

You could have had an asset that would have ensured this thing would have been a success but instead i'm going to do everything I can to make sure it fails.

Good luck without Guillermo ya cunts, you're gonna need it

200.gif#7

At the very least, your stuff can be used for the Supporter groups if they don't end up becoming the official team emblems.

Yes, your stuff is very good. However, one minor thing, wouldn't it make more sense to have Regina's colour scheme green and white akin to the Riders? 

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Well that took an unanticipated turn.

It'll pass. We all explode every now and again. 

Just this past Thursday my friend was contemplating suicide and next thing I know he sent me pics of two hot milfs he had a threesome with last night. Shit changes quickly.

1 hour ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

This is fucked m8

do you honestly think some fucking corporate marketing company is going to come up with something better than this for saskatoon?

goRmOIL.png

how about regina?

eJk1xoX.png

And fuck you to everyone who agrees with him.

This is symptomatic of everything that is wrong with Canadian Culture.  Someone else can do it slightly better, okay well fuck our guy then(Canadian NFL fans).   Why support local artists when america exists?  fuck loyalty, someone else is offering a slightly better product.

You guys have the opportunity to really help out a fellow soccer fanatic(who's probably going to use any disposable income he gains to help the cause) and instead your guying to help out some asshole in an ivory tower.  

You could have had an asset that would have ensured this thing would have been a success but instead i'm going to do everything I can to make sure it fails.

Good luck without Guillermo ya cunts, you're gonna need it

200.gif#7

1 hour ago, SuperCanuck said:

Why is it that if I click on the wrong thing to reply to, I can't cancel it?  I signed out even and signed back in, and when I clicked on the thing I wanted to respond to, I was sent back here.

It seems that's the same with everyone, when they are on their phones I think. I'm fine on the laptop, but always have the same glitch on my phone.

Before this gets out of hand...

@GuillermoDelQuarto, you've put in a massive amount of work that I think I can safely say that most are really grateful for, especially those of us in Hamilton. You're a big, if not one of the biggest, contributors to this whole thing. Your positivity has also been great, and I think a lot of your logos are good enough to actually trying to pitch to a few of the teams if you can get the right contacts (or even offer it to them as a base to work from).

That said, the idea is to be a big tent, and in big tents you're always going to have conflicting opinions, especially as the number of people in the tent increases. I get that it sucks to have someone pop in with criticism of something you've been working on for months, but you've got to take it easy. 

Not to mention that a lot of people won't think it's possible to pitch your logos to a team because they themselves have never had the ability to go out on a limb like that themselves. That's not a direct criticism of the quality of your work, that's people having a hard time imagining how the sausage gets made. It's weird to think that someone, somewhere, just gives it a go. 

You asked what would people change about the logo? I don't like giving negative criticism, but I'd drop the antlers. They're fun, but they don't scream legitimacy. Just my opinion 

Archived