On 03/12/2016 at 10:09 AM, toontownman said:

Sorry I'm a late Comer. 

Better hope Dildo beats out love to reach the final. Final will likely just be held in Big Beaver (sk). 

Regardless of whether its come by chance or climax if its love involved the winners will lift a new trophy following the final played 9 months later in pain court (ON).

Maybe that bit's a little too much information considering the topic.  At least you didn't say "I'm sorry if I'm a bit premature."

Holy smokes, you really dug out some not so well known place names.  What's the history of the name Pain Court?

EDIT:  I see it's a francophone village, which would make the name mean Short Bread...or maybe shortbread?   It's still a bit odd.

How did we get on this topic anyway?   I'm afraid to look back in the thread, it's probably my fault.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/6/2016 at 8:12 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Someone mentioned they would like to see a grey st.johns kit

gave it a shot

nKMypUD.png

I'm a little late to the party, but the jersey looks great. The shorts with the pink/orange primary and some green stripes would make for a really cool, unique kit.

22 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

alright just throwing it out there.  I'll literally do any town if we can come up with a good idea for it.

GuillermoDelQuarto-

You're work on these is incredible. I have a few that I'd like to request..

Rebrands for Thunder Bay Chill & Kingston Clippers.

Also, what about doing a Yellow Star Vancouver crest, something appealing to the huge Chinese population in Vancouver. 

Just now, Dannon20 said:

GuillermoDelQuarto-

Also, what about doing a Yellow Star Vancouver crest, something appealing to the huge Chinese population in Vancouver. 

:D so nice!  thanks friend!

I was kinda thinking of thunder bay.  As for Kingston, I did do a concept for them and I thought it turned out pretty well, how do you think I did?  I'll check out thunder bay chills stuff though and see what I can do

haha I tried blantently appealing to chinese people and got completely cut down by my cantonese friend.

The richmond one is red and yellow and includes a star for that reason but I was trying not to be too too obvious - also, fiance(also canto) mentioned that the Ram holds no significance in the traditional chinese calender, and, since we have bighorn sheep, I thought it would be good to mix a little old world with the new for those second generation immigrants etc.  something along the sentiment of "on this continent, the ram IS lucky".  Still kinda a work in progress, but with surrey having a mountain lion, it seemed appropriate to have a ram and a mountain lion battling it out for the whitecaps(which will obviously be the cream of the crop)

thoughts?  Also, yea, i mean i drew these, but it's totally a team effort.  Credit is due all over this thread.  so much fucking creativity and i was just the lucky one to put mouse to mousepad :P

7 minutes ago, Dannon20 said:

GuillermoDelQuarto-

I also think something for Abbottsford and Windsor would be cool.

2 minutes ago, Dannon20 said:

I also think something for Abbottsford and Windsor would be cool.

Abbottsford would be a solid option, although for practical purposes I'd love to see the two I mentioned most - they're huge sort of halfway integrated communities, as far as people tell me anyways.

Windsor intrgues me though.  Any ideas?

28 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Abbottsford would be a solid option, although for practical purposes I'd love to see the two I mentioned most - they're huge sort of halfway integrated communities, as far as people tell me anyways.

Windsor intrgues me though.  Any ideas?

Well for Yellow Star Vancouver you could do something simple mimicking Red Star Belgrade. 

Windsor has a world renowned sculpture park according to wikipeda.

800px-Claim_Post.jpeg

The W on the city flag is kind of a cool look...

Flag of Windsor

Two National Historic Sites. The Sandwich First Baptist Church...

and the Francois Baby House...

Image result for francois baby house

10 minutes ago, Dannon20 said:

The W on the city flag is kind of a cool look...

Flag of Windsor

Two National Historic Sites. The Sandwich First Baptist Church...

I do like that W.  

windsor used to have auto history eh?  I dunno about a soccer team but that might make a badass car company logo.

I can see it now ...

"Windsor Motors plans to challenge tesla this quarter with new automotive design that is said to be revolutionary"

hehe

someone in windsor, step up!

On 07/12/2016 at 8:42 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

alright just throwing it out there.  I'll literally do any town if we can come up with a good idea for it.

You're going to be busy:

1.  Nottawa, Ontario

2.  Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Québec

3.  Ecum Secum, NS

4.  Punkydoodles Corners, Ontario

5.  Joe Batt's Arm, Nfld.

6.  Clo-oose, BC

7.  Cape St. George-Petit Jardin-Grand Jardin-De Grau-Marches Point-Loretto, Newfoundland and Labrador

23 minutes ago, SuperCanuck said:

You're going to be busy:

1.  Nottawa, Ontario

2.  Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Québec

3.  Ecum Secum, NS

4.  Punkydoodles Corners, Ontario

5.  Joe Batt's Arm, Nfld.

6.  Clo-oose, BC

7.  Cape St. George-Petit Jardin-Grand Jardin-De Grau-Marches Point-Loretto, Newfoundland and Labrador

haha but u need ideas as well, I'm not doing all the leg work :P

On 08/12/2016 at 11:54 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

haha but u need ideas as well, I'm not doing all the leg work :P

I have to think?  I'm not sure that's such a good idea.

1.  Ottawa, Ontario:  "Not Ottawa, since 1994" on a shield with a drawing of an animal that may be common in the area.  Perhaps a pigeon or a racoon.  I'm not trying to insult Nottawa, but those two are pretty common everywhere.

2.  Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Québec  <<Toujours Rire>> in a shield with a drawing of the end of a path (the real meaning of Haha).

3.  Ecum Secum, NS   I'm still working on this one.

4.  Punkydoodles Corners, Ontario   And this one...

5.  Joe Batt's Arm, Nfld.   I picture a crest with a beautiful scene with black spruce next to a meandering river with a severed arm floating in it.

6.  Clo-oose, BC  See #'s 3 & 4

7.  Cape St. George-Petit Jardin-Grand Jardin-De Grau-Marches Point-Loretto, Newfoundland and Labrador  I'm just waiting for you to cram this name into a crest.

1 hour ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

because these are an abomination

450b96_a4eb8e5ac18b4a6fa6143f2677f12137.

220px-Forestcitylondonlogo.gif

KXjWTR3.png

"Silver Maples"

I hope you mean the top two.  The first one reminds me of Seattle's crest, which means it automatically sucks.  The middle one looks as if that should be a basketball instead of a football at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, SuperCanuck said:

Wouldn't "Gateway to the west" be better?  It sounds as if people can't wait to get away from the east.   I'm imagining adding something to the bottom of the Hamilton crest:  "Gateway out of Toronto."

haha

well maybe it should be gateway to the east.  But winnipeg is gateway to the west.

think it'd be cool to have a gateway derby haha

Archived