• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rob.notenboom said:

And no one has asked why Jamie has a mannequin hanging around in his place. 

Creeeeeepy. 

I wouldn't need a mannequin if all those handsome Saskie fellows weren't so far away....

I have two. I bought one along with a complete studio flash system for making/selling shirts.   Then my old job gave me one, which was ten times better and easier to use. 

But it turns out running a shirt business in Canada is nye impossible wrt to selling through multiple channels like ebay ect in the US and shipping is the final nail in the coffin.  So it will be Canada only. 

I'm still learning how to use them but the whole set up is really much better than before. Below are some pics using the flash system.  I am going to redo all the V's shirts next week.  

canada-est-1867-small.jpg

canada-loves-everybody-black-small.jpg

1 hour ago, admin said:

I wouldn't need a mannequin if all those handsome Saskie fellows weren't so far away....

I have two. I bought one along with a complete studio flash system for making/selling shirts.   Then my old job gave me one, which was ten times better and easier to use. 

But it turns out running a shirt business in Canada is nye impossible wrt to selling through multiple channels like ebay ect in the US and shipping is the final nail in the coffin.  So it will be Canada only. 

I'm still learning how to use them but the whole set up is really much better than before. Below are some pics using the flash system.  I am going to redo all the V's shirts next week.  

canada-est-1867-small.jpg

canada-loves-everybody-black-small.jpg

Handsome Saskies? I prefer winsome. Others prefer loathsome. 

slight alteration of Moncton, still may try white background and only red and blue wave, changed mini-slogan to strong tides, hoping to be a slight play on words like "strong ties" but with a bit of eastern drawl on it.  Not sure if it totally makes sense and was gonna do an alternate french one, i know thats a bit ridic but it seems warranted in moncton

AXyzOhB.png

13 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

So the logo for Yellowknife is a yellow knife?  Seems a bit on-the-nose compared to the others.

also a diamond and the robertson's head frame - diamond mining is huge there, and not as controversial as gold mining is.  Robertson's head frame is a local monument of sorts that was recently demolished, but held a place in the hearts of residents as basically the only tall building that you could see as you were approaching the town.  

The yellow knife is for the yellowknives of the aboriginal people who lived there initially.  I could take it out but the sharpness of the knife(to me and my friend from hay river NWT, anyways) also symbolizes how its a somewhat harsh place to live (ever been to yellowknife in January?)  yellowknife is also on great slave lake(which is Fing massive, and doesn't exactly shelter from the wind)

That kinda where the whole diamond in the rough slogan/theme comes from.  It's a beautiful little city with a tremendous amount of culture and passion(similar to the other northern capitals in that way) but there is an edge to especially yellowknife, as it is the furthest from the coast, and thus receives the harshest weather.

I know it's a bit literal, but there's a reason it's the name.

Spoiler alert, whitehorse will contain a white horse lol

edit: just to add on a little to yellowknife - 

heres the headframe

2014_04_29-Robertson-headframe_Jack-Dany

can't find it now but I swear when we were researching we found a shirt someone had made with this on it.  I'm also hearing rumours of a luxury hotel in the knife, and if the investors were smart, they'd mimick the headframes shame and colouring, because people were oddly attached to it.

Although i'd love them to add a mural of the knife as well hehehe

okay maybe getting a little carried away :P 

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Ha - I wondered about Whitehorse.  Makes me wonder what kind of logo you would do for "Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump FC"...

:)

FWIW, I didn't know the connection to the copper knives until I looked up the origin of "yellow knife" last night, so you have been educational.

Will Dildo, NL have a team? :blink:

Archived