• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

UDUkWy2.png

Alaska FC Concept - I know I know, they're not Canadian.  And yes - Sarah Palin.  But honestly I've met a ton of Alaskans and they're cool as fuck.  I say, in our magical world of Canadian Premier League, we let them in.

Oh, and that anchor is for anchorage, their (by far) largest city.

Could this be the start of retaking the Alaska pan handle that was stolen from us?

19 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

lol nah, I like the buffer between us and Russia/China just in case shit gets real.  I don't really want to defend myself if I'm honest

We'd still have the bulk of Alaska between us.  Maybe we should invade and take Maine as compensation.  It's a real pain in the neck having to go around it to get from Québec to the Maritimes.

1 hour ago, Gopherbashi said:

I can't believe we've gone through pages of Toronto & Fort York themed stuff without creating a horrible Arsenal Toronto tie-in.

Too much copy-catting of arsenal in general in this country.  Stanley Park gunners is cool, but please, the cannon is arsenal's symbol.  We have plenty of our own thank you very much.

On 10/16/2016 at 3:00 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

h3be3hr.png

Simplify, simplify, simplify.

Way to many colours, and modern sports logos use about 3 tops. Don't listen to everyones input of adding a rose here, and some tassels here, and you know what else would look great!..... Pick 1-2 elements, think of a unique concept intertwining the two or three and run with the design, I count 5 in this design. (and I say this because I've done this before)

On 10/21/2016 at 0:14 AM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

also, Richmond concept somewhat loosely based on the Glasscity guy on twitter.  

The star might be a little much, but you guys get the idea i'm going for I think.

I thought if Surrey has the mountain lion, it's only fitting that Richmond has the bighorn sheep - two animals that reside in the mountains, aka whitecaps.

8WSh32D.png

Simple, but very clean...change your favourite font ;) and you got a crest I can see on a jersey.

On 10/18/2016 at 8:16 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

WthkB6D.png

Could you do the top left, Royal York FC, in the same lettering style as the top right one? I really like the top left. I think it's the best club name out of all badges so far. I mean, for it to not be stupid like Real Salt Lake you'd probably have to get the Queen to give them patronage and then add the British Royal Crown above the shield. Heck I'm not sure if there's even an English club that has received patronage! 

Back to modding the badge, I'm just curious to see the Royal York one does with white lettering and gold outlining. Concerned it might end up too bright for the badge and be almost too much with the trillium. I still prefer the badge without the cross.

One last idea, is what if the shield was set up how shields tended to be back in the middle ages? Basically it'd have three compartments. The entire top half would have the club's name. The bottom left would have the white cross on red background, the bottom right would have the trillium flower in it. Just an idea (possibly terrible).

Also I don't know if it's an optical illusion, but I'd swear the white of the trillium flower is less bright as you move from the top left badge to the bottom right badge. Also the white outline inside the border of the shield seems thicker in the two examples with only York as the name.

On 10/21/2016 at 3:08 AM, reme90 said:

The Lion, Crown was my favorite one, although I'd either remove the axes or make them closer to the last one you made. I also like the poppies on the last one and the color scheme. However, Red has nothing to do with Winnipeg. 

WFC Side Image.png

Winnipeg FC.png

Valour.png

I like this one, but maybe theres too many crosses, and the handles for the axe heads can go IMO, there's slightly too much going on recursion and all.

On 25/10/2016 at 8:57 PM, Jahinho Guerro said:

Simplify, simplify, simplify.

Way to many colours, and modern sports logos use about 3 tops. Don't listen to everyones input of adding a rose here, and some tassels here, and you know what else would look great!..... Pick 1-2 elements, think of a unique concept intertwining the two or three and run with the design, I count 5 in this design. (and I say this because I've done this before)

Simplified

Unknown.png

@GuillermoDelQuarto, if you ever get bored of the logos and want to keep the fantasy train going, a fun project could be emulating some of the neat gameday posters being done in MLS, or maybe an idea for what a CPL billboard could look like

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Toronto+FC+2007+advertising&espv=2&biw=1536&bih=759&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjBp8DhuvvPAhVJyoMKHaeECF0Q_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=MLS+game+day+posters

On 10/26/2016 at 7:50 AM, Tuscan said:

One last idea, is what if the shield was set up how shields tended to be back in the middle ages? Basically it'd have three compartments. The entire top half would have the club's name. The bottom left would have the white cross on red background, the bottom right would have the trillium flower in it. Just an idea (possibly terrible).

yeah, that could be cool.

11 hours ago, Complete Homer said:

@GuillermoDelQuarto, if you ever get bored of the logos and want to keep the fantasy train going, a fun project could be emulating some of the neat gameday posters being done in MLS, or maybe an idea for what a CPL billboard could look like

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Toronto+FC+2007+advertising&espv=2&biw=1536&bih=759&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjBp8DhuvvPAhVJyoMKHaeECF0Q_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=MLS+game+day+posters

I'm sure i'll get around to some of these at some point.  

closed the flame on the torch, and did a couple different options for shading.

I know, some people don't like it.  Can't make everyone happy and this has been a particularly difficult one to please everyone.

CFseThP.png

think the flame need's some touching up, and the centering probably isn't perfect, but I dunno.  I think it's cool.  There are a lot of elements, but, well, Winnipeg clearly has a complicated history.

6 hours ago, Tuscan said:

Might want to watch out for iron cross usage. I know it's a war medal used by the British and Canada but I'd argue it's heavily recognized as a symbol of both biker gangs and Nazi's.

This design actually more closely resembles the Victoria Cross. Hence the inclusion of "For Valour". It was a cross awarded to soldiers who fought Nazis. As well as soldiers in other conflicts.

Archived