Alphonso Davies

Northvansteve

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but you know what I meant. Not a lot of 17 year olds get a chance to be an MLS All Star much less go head to head with an elite European club like Juventus going up against the likes of Buffon, Dybala, Cuadrado, Mandzukic, Lichtsteiner, Marchisio, etc.

5 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

I watched the France vs Argentina game this morning and I can't help but compare Davies to Mbappé. The way they can scorch opposition backlines with their runs is very similar. Both guys have incredible potential.

Yes they do but will Davies be able to put on Mbappe-like performances for Canada in the CONCACAF Nations League or in the 2019 Gold Cup?

3 hours ago, Tg11 said:

Yes they do but will Davies be able to put on Mbappe-like performances for Canada in the CONCACAF Nations League or in the 2019 Gold Cup?

Uggghhhhh, how about being co-lead scorer and best young player at 2017 gold cup??  FFS...think before you post....or if you are trolling stop being so obvious...

1 minute ago, Bison44 said:

Uggghhhhh, how about being co-lead scorer and best young player at 2017 gold cup??  FFS...think before you post....or if you are trolling stop being so obvious...

Didn't even know that because I don't watch Gold Cups all that much if at all because I watch other competitions like EURO, Copa America, African Cup of Nations or World Cup and I didn't watch the last one at all. It is only until recently that I got into Canadian soccer like what a few months ago so how would I even be expected to know any of that? Even if he was named the Best Young Player of that tournament and being co-lead scorer of that tournament will he be able to follow that up in 2019? I will say yes he could possibly but then again who really knows

15 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Didn't even know that because I don't watch Gold Cups all that much if at all because I watch other competitions like EURO, Copa America, African Cup of Nations or World Cup and I didn't watch the last one at all. It is only until recently that I got into Canadian soccer like what a few months ago so how would I even be expected to know any of that? Even if he was named the Best Young Player of that tournament and being co-lead scorer of that tournament will he be able to follow that up in 2019? I will say yes he could possibly but then again who really knows

UGGGHHHHH, you are reading and commenting dozens of times on the Davies thread yet you dont bother to watch a video, read his bio or even scroll up the thread to read anything about him?? Take 2 Friggin minutes to read something instead of spewing nonsense 24 hours a day.  Unless you are a troll and you want every person to ignore you.  

13 hours ago, Jith12 said:

I watched the France vs Argentina game this morning and I can't help but compare Davies to Mbappé. The way they can scorch opposition backlines with their runs is very similar. Both guys have incredible potential.

Speed (with finesse/touch:  sorry, Tosaint or Dominic Oduro!) kills, and having a young guy like that in your team's weaponry is a big time plus, so comparison to the young Frenchman can only add to Davies' transfer value with bigger time suitors.

Let's see how Mbappe does next Friday against a far more challenging and better organized defence in Uruguay, featuring a very pacy guy of their own (Laxalt) to mark him as well as some strong support from the midfielder in front of him. 

Davies seemed quite frustrated with his teammates yesterday. Not in a "I can't stand these players kind of way", he's too nice for that. But he kept making nice plays and looking for a quick 1-2 and his teammates constantly did not have the skill/vision to play him through. The kid is going to have so much fun playing with really great players.

Guest Tg11
17 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

Davies seemed quite frustrated with his teammates yesterday. Not in a "I can't stand these players kind of way", he's too nice for that. But he kept making nice plays and looking for a quick 1-2 and his teammates constantly did not have the skill/vision to play him through. The kid is going to have so much fun playing with really great players.

Yes making his first MLS All Star appearance will be something that's for sure. His future is definitely bright.

Thank God he plays in Vancouver. Imagine playing on tfc with that Turtle Bradley and those other plumbers. He'd be driving in to the box and those guys would be stumbling out of their own 3rd.

Davies in the playoffs this year should be exciting and a great way to see him off to Europe. I'm sure everyone across Canada will be cheering him on from their couch. We all know they'll have lots of time their hands

Guest Tg11
21 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Thank God he plays in Vancouver. Imagine playing on tfc with that Turtle Bradley and those other plumbers. He'd be driving in to the box and those guys would be stumbling out of their own 3rd.

Davies in the playoffs this year should be exciting and a great way to see him off to Europe. I'm sure everyone across Canada will be cheering him on from their couch. We all know they'll have lots of time their hands

Yeah I can see him going off to Europe too because he's quickly becoming a big star out in Vancouver and his stardom just keeps growing day by day especially as a 17 year old being out in that spotlight.

20 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Yeah I can see him going off to Europe too because he's quickly becoming a big star out in Vancouver and his stardom just keeps growing day by day especially as a 17 year old being out in that spotlight.

Agree being a 17 year old in the spotlight can bring him to Europe because in 2026 he will be older so maybe better because day by day he’s becoming a big star in Vancouver and being out in that spotlight and being 17 in the spotlight might make him go to Europe in time for 2026

Guest Tg11
2 minutes ago, Bikerack said:

Agree being a 17 year old in the spotlight can bring him to Europe because in 2026 he will be older so maybe better because day by day he’s becoming a big star in Vancouver and being out in that spotlight and being 17 in the spotlight might make him go to Europe in time for 2026

He'll almost be hitting his stride by then because in 8 years he will be 25. Hell even his own teammate Kendall Waston Costa Rican World Cup 2018 international said it best that with Alphonso he has potential. Just think of how good he can be if he leaves MLS for Europe? The more time that passes by he can only get better as a player I feel.

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

Ha, you just sound like a salty Whitecaps fan, and what "plumbers" exactly? Bradley is still one of, if not the best defensive midfielder in MLS (every player has their good and bad runs of form, but when Bradley is "on", no one touches him), and Davies would more than thrive playing alongside guys like Vasquez, Osorio, Altidore, and Giovinco, who actually have the quality and technical capability to generate quick plays off one another.

Guest Tg11
46 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Ha, you just sound like a salty Whitecaps fan, and what "plumbers" exactly? Bradley is still one of, if not the best defensive midfielder in MLS (every player has their good and bad runs of form, but when Bradley is "on", no one touches him), and Davies would more than thrive playing alongside guys like Vasquez, Osorio, Altidore, and Giovinco, who actually have the quality and technical capability to generate quick plays off one another.

Davies on TFC he would make a great fit but personally I could see him thrive better with Seattle Sounders or even the LA Galaxy in that offense

32 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Davies on TFC he would make a great fit but personally I could see him thrive better with Seattle Sounders or even the LA Galaxy in that offense

ha, no. We all saw how much success Raheem Edwards (still not over losing him) fit into TFC's 3-5-2 system, someone like Davies in that same position would light up the league

Guest Tg11
20 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

ha, no. We all saw how much success Raheem Edwards (still not over losing him) fit into TFC's 3-5-2 system, someone like Davies in that same position would light up the league

He would well because he would be surrounded by such players like Giovinco, Bradley, Altidore, Vasquez and his national team teammate Osorio. Essentially TFC would be favorites to win it all again if Davies did join TFC.

18 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

He would well because he would be surrounded by such players like Giovinco, Bradley, Altidore, Vasquez and his national team teammate Osorio. Essentially TFC would be favorites to win it all again if Davies did join TFC.

There’s no incentive for Davies to join a different mls team because he will most likely be going to play in Europe in a year or 2. 

Guest Tg11

Yes that is true he could very well go to Europe in a year or 2. Well European clubs have shown interest in him but if he decides to stay in the MLS that would not surprise me either. However, if he truly wants to become an elite player then going to Europe is the best option hell it is the only option.

2 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

There’s no incentive for Davies to join a different mls team because he will most likely be going to play in Europe in a year or 2. 

Oh I agree, I merely brought up the point because SpursFlu above took a cheap shot at TFC and I felt obligated to retort :)

2 hours ago, Tg11 said:

you are just rewording what I essentially wrote before...

Archived