Alphonso Davies

Northvansteve

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Oh, I thought he was genuine because his first post was about him being Ghanaian Canadian and how proud he was to get the World Cup 

I doubt he's a troll. I just suspect that English is not his native tongue. He seems earnest, but maybe also a bit naive about posting to a forum like this. I think he is legit. Just be patient while he figures out the nuances of this forum 

17 minutes ago, The Beaver said:

I doubt he's a troll. I just suspect that English is not his native tongue. He seems earnest, but maybe also a bit naive about posting to a forum like this. I think he is legit. Just be patient while he figures out the nuances of this forum 

English is the official language in Ghana.

14 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

English is the official language in Ghana.

Yes as the general neutral language but there are 11 languages in Ghana and for most English isn’t their first language.  

34 minutes ago, The Beaver said:

If this man is a troll it’s an unbelievable effort and falling short of its potential.  I think he’s genuine as well.  I mean, trolling Canadian fans 24/7 during the 2018 World Cup? I mean you’d have to be a real sick puppy.  I think he found out about the winning bid and is just trying really hard to get involved. 

1 hour ago, The Beaver said:

I agree completely, and I welcome anyone who's eager to be involved in a positive way.

49 minutes ago, Keegan said:

If this man is a troll it’s an unbelievable effort and falling short of its potential.  I think he’s genuine as well.  I mean, trolling Canadian fans 24/7 during the 2018 World Cup? I mean you’d have to be a real sick puppy.  I think he found out about the winning bid and is just trying really hard to get involved

Fair enough. I shouldn't jump to conclusions. Perhaps I'm jaded. BTW I also assume a few others on here are trolling half the time.

20 hours ago, Keegan said:

Yes as the general neutral language but there are 11 languages in Ghana and for most English isn’t their first language.  

If this man is a troll it’s an unbelievable effort and falling short of its potential.  I think he’s genuine as well.  I mean, trolling Canadian fans 24/7 during the 2018 World Cup? I mean you’d have to be a real sick puppy.  I think he found out about the winning bid and is just trying really hard to get involved. 

If he is a troll, then I think he is a genius of self-control and consistency. He would be, quite possibly, the most restrained troll on the interweb.  (And, perhaps, a sociopath.) An understated troll? Pure genius.

1 hour ago, The Beaver said:

If he is a troll, then I think he is a genius of self-control and consistency. He would be, quite possibly, the most restrained troll on the interweb.  (And, perhaps, a sociopath.) An understated troll? Pure genius.

He's pacing himself to last longer...

Just now, Keegan said:

Nice but surprised he wasn’t voted in to begin with.

Surprised? I mean the guy is good, but how many games have the Whitecaps played on US national TV this year? And he's not as big of a name as Ibrahimovic, Vela and he wasn't voted in with the fans of Orlando and Atlanta like Josef Martinez. 

He is not as big a name as the guys you mentioned but I think with time he can be. Provided he is still young but the fact that he is an MLS All Star would this make him the youngest in MLS history to ever be an All Star? I'm just curious.

4 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Surprised? I mean the guy is good, but how many games have the Whitecaps played on US national TV this year? And he's not as big of a name as Ibrahimovic, Vela and he wasn't voted in with the fans of Orlando and Atlanta like Josef Martinez. 

The MLS propaganda machine is all about the Phonz. In this league he’s a big name.

4 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

He is not as big a name as the guys you mentioned but I think with time he can be. Provided he is still young but the fact that he is an MLS All Star would this make him the youngest in MLS history to ever be an All Star? I'm just curious.

No. Freddy Adu was an MLS All-Star at 15. Then again, it was East vs West.

Just now, Blackdude said:

No. Freddy Adu was an MLS All-Star at 15. Then again, it was East vs West.

Well thanks I even forgot about Freddy Adu lol and being Ghanaian myself. He was a Ghanaian-American prodigy who they hyped up big time way back when.

I hope we can cap tie him guys, do you think the CSA knows about him ? We should tell him. 

We have to invite him to camps or else USA will call him up, we can’t lose him because we aren’t interested in him... 

anyone know if the csa knows about him ? 

13 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I hope we can cap tie him guys, do you think the CSA knows about him ? We should tell him. 

We have to invite him to camps or else USA will call him up, we can’t lose him because we aren’t interested in him... 

anyone know if the csa knows about him ? 

Davies? He's cap-tied.

20 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Don Garber used one of his 2 commissionner's picks on him to be on the MLS All-Star team.

Here is the moment he found out. 

Honestly, can't help but love this guy, eh. I'm so excited to watch his national team career progress!

17 years old and has the world at his fingertips. Just think about how much better of a player he can be just as he gets older. 8 years goes by like that and before we know it 2026 is upon us. He will be 25 by then and in being more mature he will most likely be captain of the national team by then. Wouldn't surprise me if he is by then.

However, back to the subject of him being an MLS All Star being the 4th youngest in MLS history to get an All Star nod it just makes me happy because he is gonna have a chance to go up against the world's best by taking on Juventus of Serie A.

Archived