Alphonso Davies

Northvansteve

if he goes to la liga, bundesliga or premier league and is a success, he'll be a mainstream figure in canada. he goes to man u, real madrid or bayern and is a success (even if just for 3 seasons) he'll be the biggest athlete in canada.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Obinna said:

Liverpool or PSV are my choices, personally.

I would be Real Madrid even if he has to spend the ages of 18 and 19 at La Fabrica before a loan to like Celta. Getting that education would be amazing for him.

5 minutes ago, matty said:

if he goes to la liga, bundesliga or premier league and is a success, he'll be a mainstream figure in canada. he goes to man u, real madrid or bayern and is a success (even if just for 3 seasons) he'll be the biggest athlete in canada.

Well.. hockey players will still rule the day

But he wont be playing second fiddle to the likes of Andrew Wiggins or what ever the hottest young Canadian tennis player is. 

1 minute ago, Yoginess said:

Well.. hockey players will still rule the day

But he wont be playing second fiddle to the likes of Andrew Wiggins or what ever the hottest young Canadian tennis player is. 

i think if he succeeded with one of those 3 or barca or chelsea, he could easily be a bigger name than any active nhl player in 2023 (assuming crosby is done). like he wouldn't push soccer in as number one but he would be number one.

2 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

To even have a Canadian in the mix for that title is mind boggling.  Let’s hope he keeps his upward trajectory and works his ass off, and there is no reason to think he won’t, and that we can all watch him tearing it up in a big 5 league and leading Canada to greatness!

I'll believe it when it comes from someone other than Kurt Larson.

But yeah, kid's a talent and needs to transfer up.

Guest Tg11

Yes that he does. Here is to hoping he either sets up one of his teammates or that he even manages to score in the MLS All Star Game against Juventus. If he can manage that putting in a stellar performance  then whatever attention he has been getting from his European suitors would grow.

45 minutes ago, Shakmur said:

I just hope he doesnt go to Manchester U, especially if Mourinho stays. They usually never give youths a real shot. PSV or Liverpool would be the better options, imo.

Them playing Lingard and Rashford so much arethe reasonthey are at the World Cup right now

Guest Tg11

Yeah because under Mourinho at Man U, Davies yeah sure he would learn a lot but would he really get any playing time competing with the likes of stars on that team like Lingard? Rashford? Fred? Pogba? Lukaku? He would even be lucky to get any playing time at all. At Liverpool he would be competing with the likes of Salah, Firmino, Mane, Henderson, Fabinho, etc for playing time. Again would be lucky to even make first team. However, on PSV he would at least get playing time more so than he would playing for teams like Liverpool or Man Utd.

3 hours ago, canta15 said:

Them playing Lingard and Rashford so much arethe reasonthey are at the World Cup right now

Funny that you mention Lingard and regard him as youth. He's 25 years old and by no means a youth player. You just only learned about him because of Louis van Gaal giving a player like him a shot and him proving himself. If Mourinho was at United 3 years ago Lingard would've now been at West Brom or something.

Even now both Lingard and Rashford are only getting 50% starts at United. Man United also have Tahith Chong in their academy who's very similar in terms of playing style/age to Davies and arguably better imo. Hasn't even been on the bench for United first team once.

Davies needs to go to a team where he can stay for a few years and get game time. Going to United would mean going out on loan to several clubs in several countries and it just doesn't help him. Davies would have a hard time already cracking into the PSV team with Lozano and Bergwijn up front. At least he would know that he gets sub appearances and starts in the cup and they'll trust him in the future when either Bergwijn or Lozano leaves. At United they'll just pay 50 million for a new left winger instead of giving a youth player a chance because they don't have to take that "risk".

Guest Tg11

There's Fulham, Southampton, Wolverhampton, Everton, Ajax, Werder Bremen, Fiorentina, Palermo, Levante, Celta Vigo, Benfica or even Sporting Lisbon...any one of those clubs he could probably get playing time

6 hours ago, Tg11 said:

There's Fulham, Southampton, Wolverhampton, Everton, Ajax, Werder Bremen, Fiorentina, Palermo, Levante, Celta Vigo, Benfica or even Sporting Lisbon...any one of those clubs he could probably get playing time

Are you just listing team?

Another good game by Davies. You can see his progression from last year in the sense he's far more consistent. 

He had another assist stolen by poor team finishing, a breakaway that clattered off the post, blasted a volley just over and a scuffed shot on a break. Could have been another big game but he did end up with one assist. 

He's got the work rate but I think he's also got a lot of MLS in him still where his off the ball pace is a bit slow. He will pick this up fast in higher levels of competition IMO. 

On 7/5/2018 at 8:09 PM, Yoginess said:

Page 67 for #67. Started from the bottom now we're here.

I think at this point Alphonso as has separated himself from Tabla (though I haven't been following BT much since his move). 

I think we'll be able to know this better by November.

In any case, Tabla does not have the speed, but does have a sharp dribble; but perhaps Davies has not yet learnt the  discipline of positional play

On 7/5/2018 at 6:37 PM, SCF08 said:

Davies would have a hard time already cracking into the PSV team with Lozano and Bergwijn up front. At least he would know that he gets sub appearances and starts in the cup and they'll trust him in the future when either Bergwijn or Lozano leaves. At United they'll just pay 50 million for a new left winger instead of giving a youth player a chance because they don't have to take that "risk".

No way Lozano is still in Eindhoven come september. Davies in the Eredivisie would be awesome and great potential stepping stone for his career.

Guest Tg11
3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think we'll be able to know this better by November.

In any case, Tabla does not have the speed, but does have a sharp dribble; but perhaps Davies has not yet learnt the  discipline of positional play

Which is why Davies in some areas still needs to develop his game and Dutch Eredivisie is perfect for that

Guest Tg11
1 hour ago, shamrock said:

No way Lozano is still in Eindhoven come september. Davies in the Eredivisie would be awesome and great potential stepping stone for his career.

Glad someone agrees with me about the potential Davies could have if he went to PSV

Archived