Alphonso Davies

Northvansteve

9 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

People  complaining  about  Davies being  Moscow..  Get  A  Life please 

Could  not  have  said  it  better  myself  .

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Could  not  have  said  it  better  myself  .

U  know  Canta  now  that  we  won  the  bid .  All  I  am  hearing  is  constant whining   about  the  number  of  games  Canada  has  and  why  should  be  w9ith  the  US  etc   I am just getting  tired  of  all  these nitpickers

Just now, Bikerack said:

So the whitecaps would be pissed that there 17 year old homegrown prodigy is representing Canada and The Whitecaps on a world stage? Ya you’re right , must be furious , bad look......

I  am sure  the  Whitecaps  are  hating  all  this  free  publicity  in  International  Media  lol

31 minutes ago, ted said:

What he said was succinct and brilliant. 

Agreed, that was never my concern - more so in assuming they played this weekend and being told that he was there to influence a vote, which would be ridiculous.

1 hour ago, gigi riva said:

I  am sure  the  Whitecaps  are  hating  all  this  free  publicity  in  International  Media  lol

I’m just curious do you have a broken keyboard or something. Why do you always double space

3 hours ago, Kadenge said:

What an amazing week it has been for Davies. Incredible performance for VWC, MLS team and player of the week, jettisoned to Moscow and part of the final on stage presentation for the combined bid !

I am delighted that Davies is beginning to reap the rewards for committing to Canada. This is just the start.....he is going to get a lot of corporate endorsements.  I wish all 17 year olds were as nice as him. Karma is a beautiful thing.....

Hey Ballou, how’s that Ivory Coast thing working out for you?

2 hours ago, A_Gagne said:

Hey Ballou, how’s that Ivory Coast thing working out for you?

I haven't really been on here much lately, so I'm a little off with the latest Canadian soccer news... did Ballou choose IC for sure? or is this just because he is still undecided... News of hosting a World Cup has to improve our chances of him deciding Canada, especially a team that couldn't even qualify this year and Drogba isn't your striker for the team anymore...

12 minutes ago, canadasoccer20 said:

I haven't really been on here much lately, so I'm a little off with the latest Canadian soccer news... did Ballou choose IC for sure? or is this just because he is still undecided... News of hosting a World Cup has to improve our chances of him deciding Canada, especially a team that couldn't even qualify this year and Drogba isn't your striker for the team anymore...

Just hyperbole. Still hasn't decided either way. There were rumours he was going to accept an IC call this year, but like I said, just rumours at this point.

Barca B, whom he recently joined, are relegated to the 3rd tier, so we'll see how and if that will sway him in a particular direction.

Winning the bid certainly won't hurt our chances, I wouldn't think.

Davies will be hitting his peak at 25 and if he has already received a senior call up for Canada then he can't play for any other nation if he has dual citizenship. Furthermore, he is committed to Canada and by 2026 if we are hosting it he would no doubt be one of Canada's stars within the side.

11 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Davies will be hitting his peak at 25 and if he has already received a senior call up for Canada then he can't play for any other nation if he has dual citizenship. Furthermore, he is committed to Canada and by 2026 if we are hosting it he would no doubt be one of Canada's stars within the side.

25 is before a players peak. 28 is when most players hit it

13 minutes ago, canta15 said:

25 is before a players peak. 28 is when most players hit it

Well you are right thinking about it you are right but even so he will be a star to look out for in 2026 however what Davies needs to do is develop more as a player for the Whitecaps in the MLS.

6 hours ago, Tg11 said:

Well you are right thinking about it you are right but even so he will be a star to look out for in 2026 however what Davies needs to do is develop more as a player for the Whitecaps in the MLS.

In think most people here disagree.  I am one of them.  If the Caps manage to keep hold of Davies for another year, then good for them.  But to be making the kind of impression that he is, at the age of 17, is proof that his ceiling is far above MLS.  For his optimal development, he would move to a world class club that invests heavily in developing youth.  

He will be an established star for us by 2026.  And in all likelihood, the face of Canadian soccer in a way that even Christine Sinclair couldn't touch.

21 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

In think most people here disagree.  I am one of them.  If the Caps manage to keep hold of Davies for another year, then good for them.  But to be making the kind of impression that he is, at the age of 17, is proof that his ceiling is far above MLS.  For his optimal development, he would move to a world class club that invests heavily in developing youth.  

He will be an established star for us by 2026.  And in all likelihood, the face of Canadian soccer in a way that even Christine Sinclair couldn't touch.

In doing that the best world class clubs to play in are in England in the Premier League and there he would be a proven youth that can be developed more given he is in the right situation in the right system. He is 17 now a teenager. Think about how good he can be in the next 8 years. Also added caveat he is already a member of the men's national team already at the age of 17. In FIFA that doesn't just happy unless you are really, really good. Could he be the face of Canadian men's soccer? Yes sure but in the next 8 years could that transition into him becoming captain of the national team? He has a very good chance to do just that.

Alphonso Davies can be for Canadian soccer what Pulisic is for American soccer...the poster boy for Canadian soccer Davies can truly become

I mean seeing him at the 2026 World Cup bid and giving that speech but also seeing him play for the Whitecaps as a 17 year old on a daily basis I think it is safe to say that his future is pretty bright.

Plenty of 17 years olds never reach full potential.  Let’s hope he’s one who does!!!

Be good to see him in holland to develop before a big league, although the pressure and $$$ often drives these decisions too soon  

7 minutes ago, Ruud said:

Plenty of 17 years olds never reach full potential.  Let’s hope he’s one who does!!!

Be good to see him in holland to develop before a big league, although the pressure and $$$ often drives these decisions too soon  

Wonder what a club like Ajax would do for his development - let alone his value. 

18 year old Justin Kluivert will get yanked away from them sooner rather than later. I would love for Davies to replace him on the wing.

5 minutes ago, Ruud said:

I understand where you are coming from, but Davies is a guy that is already doing it in a solid pro league.   And he has done it for us at the Gold Cup.  To me, that is far different than a 17 yr old prospect with unproven potential.  Those guys absolutely can flame out, but I don't see it happening with the Phonz.  

We want Davies to become an elite attacking talent.  The problem is we don’t have coaches in MLS that fit that bill besides Martino and maybe a couple others.  

He should be headed to an elite club known for development such as Barcelona or Ajax, he may not play but he’ll develop areas of his game that can take him to an elite level.  There are lots of players who impress at this age and you watch them 10 years later and it’s the same player.

Archived