Game vs USA February 5th, Carson, California

Alex

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

There was KK cam. :lol:  JdG, like plenty of others from the GTA finds small-town Ottawa boring but is just too polite to say so!

I'm pretty sure the people of Ottawa find Ottawa boring. That's why people live there. #RiotInTheGlebe

too much waiting, my predicted starting line up...............

-------------------------Larin----------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

Akindele----------------------------------------Dixon

-------------De Guzman----Johnson--------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

------------------------Straith--------------------------

De Jong------------------------------Ledgerwood

----------------Vitoria------Henry--------------------

---------------------Crepeau--------------------------

9 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

A few surprises!

I'm disappointed not to see Henry in there.

Kianz Froese getting the start!!!  Wow.    Would love to see him make a real push to solidify this spot.   (Rickets coming on against tired legs is a better idea anyways!)

Hopefully arfield pushes ricketts to the bench

Just now, aloyol said:

I really hope the USA score one or two goals of free kicks we defended deep in the box....better now than against Mexico!

Just now, Kusch to the Corner said:

I see Floro as being too stubborn to ever admit that defending deep on set pieces is a bad idea. 

Just now, Kusch to the Corner said:

BTW Devos just criticized it on the broadcast and I totally agree

Just now, aloyol said:

I really hope the USA score one or two goals of free kicks we defended deep in the box....better now than against Mexico!

It's funny that you just repeated what Devos said.  Except JdV put it in context "No one has been able to exploit that except the Czech Republic in one of Benito's earlier games."  The subtext of this is that there is an assumption that every other team we've played has ignored game tape AND our manager with X number of years experience coaching professionals doesn't understand basic free-kick defending fundamentals.

Or, perhaps something else is going on.....

17 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

It's funny that you just repeated what Devos said.  Except JdV put it in context "No one has been able to exploit that except the Czech Republic in one of Benito's earlier games."  The subtext of this is that there is an assumption that every other team we've played has ignored game tape AND our manager with X number of years experience coaching professionals doesn't understand basic free-kick defending fundamentals.

Or, perhaps something else is going on.....

Honduras almost tied the game in Vancouver on such a FK. My guess is that teams are well aware of our unique way of defending FK, it hasn't resulted in a goal lately but it doesn't mean we should revisit it because we've looked shaky on many such FK in the recent past.

Sorry for questionning Floro tactics.

Archived