Pan Am Games Toronto 2015

xabuep2

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The suitability of Labbé as the number one keeper is now academic as she was red carded against Ecuador.  Am sure Sheridan will do a good job.

Fortunately she will be back for the game against Brazil (I assume it's only a one game ban?).  Sheridan will get the game against Costa Rica.

Pretty crazy game.  They looked good, but it was against Ecuador so hard to tell.

Outside Buchanan and Fleming it was the caliber of a good NCAA/CIS team.  I like James Sharman's "I can't believe how awful Ecuador were in that match."  They're ranked slightly above Israel and Iran.

The field player in nets is always good laughs.  Memories of Jonathan Beaulieu-Bourgault in the U20 in 2007 who did 20 minutes pretty well and didn't give up a goal.

Outside Buchanan and Fleming it was the caliber of a good NCAA/CIS team.  I like James Sharman's "I can't believe how awful Ecuador were in that match."  They're ranked slightly above Israel and Iran.

The field player in nets is always good laughs.  Memories of Jonathan Beaulieu-Bourgault in the U20 in 2007 who did 20 minutes pretty well and didn't give up a goal.

Ecuador made Canada look good, strong and quick.  However I would not say "I can't believe how awful Ecuador were".  They did score 2 goals.  I take into account where Ecuador comes from, how they got where they are, the resources they have and their biotype of players they can muster.

Good to see 3 of the 5 goals were from decent build up. Good to see Beckie clinically finish 2 goals. If you miss in these type of games, you're not going to score against the likes or Brazil. Labbe red card is a cardinal sin being captain & oldest player. She also looked rusty in allowing first goal. She may have some of McLeod's disease.

Given Brazil has only quality team here with 17/18 players from WC, I see Canada vs Brazil final. Colombia could upset one of them but should win bronze over Costa Rica. 

Given Brazil has only quality team here with 17/18 players from WC, I see Canada vs Brazil final. Colombia could upset one of them but should win bronze over Costa Rica. 

I don't think that's possible, only two of Brazil, Canada and Costa Rica will be going through to the semi's and medal games.  If Brazil is the class of the tournament, it makes it pretty critical that Canada wins their next game against CRC on Wednesday.  Don't know anything about Sheridan but it might have actually have been better if Labbe had been banned from the Brazil game instead of the Costa Rica game.  Hopefully Canada will win anyway and make the last game one for first place in the group.

We scored two nice quality goals but the other three were weak goalkeeping.  Both Ecuadorian goals were free kicks where the keeper had no eyeline to the ball.  Other than that I thought Labbe was in control.  Given the score she didn't have to take the red but it's hard to process that in the heat of the moment on a breakaway.

Costa Rica tied Spain and South Korea and lost 0-1 to Brazil in the Cup.  All three of whom are capable.  They were major league out-shot in each game but are obviously effective in denying good opportunities.  Our backup keeper will be fine, Canada has tons of good goalkeepers and Costa Rica don't hit the net much (average 1.6 shots on net per game in the Cup).

Colombia has played better than everyone in the tournament lately, including Brazil.  They beat France and were 0-0 with the World Cup champions after half-time when they went down to 10.

Ecuador was a good warm-up to shake off the nerves. And a great tournament schedule for us as things get progressively more difficult as time goes by.

They really impressed me with their play in the first game.  i saw some really well contructed goals, positive play, passing with purpose, good touches and highlight reel goals. It was fun to watch.  But i dont know what happened in this game.  Yes Ecu is not CRC but still, there is not that huge a difference between the sides to explian the drop in play.  

I can't believe that Worthington wasted an hour to find out that Nkem Ezurike is a terrible center forward. Her top pace is plodding. Her jogging pace is glacial . She is the dictionary definition of  slow : both in foot speed and reflexes.

Archived