MNT Lineup for CONCACAF Prelim

tmcmurph

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-mnt-selects-23-for-concacaf-preliminary-round-in-june-p157810

GK- Milan Borjan | SRB / Radnički Nis
GK- Lars Hirschfeld | NOR / Vålerenga
GK- Kenny Stamatopoulos | SWE / AIK
D- Nana Attakora | USA / San Antonio Scorpions
D- Manjrekar James | HUN / Pécsi MFC
D- Dejan Jakovic | JPN / Shimizu S-Pulse
D- Ashtone Morgan | CAN / Toronto FC
D- Karl W. Ouimette | USA / New York Red Bulls
D/M- David Edgar | ENG / Birmingham City FC (on loan at Huddersfield Town)
D/M- Nik Ledgerwood | GER / Energie Cottbus
D/M- Adam Straith | NOR / Fredrikstad FK
D/M- Maxim Tissot | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Julian de Guzman | CAN / Ottawa Fury FC
M- Atiba Hutchinson | TUR / Besiktas
M- Will Johnson | USA / Portland Timbers
M- Jonathan Osorio | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Samuel Piette | ESP / Deportivo la Coruña
M- Russell Teibert | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
M/F-Tosaint Ricketts | ISR / Hapoel Haifa
F- Tesho Akindele | USA / FC Dallas
F- Randy Edwini-Bonsu | GER / Stuttgarter Kickers
F- Marcus Haber | ENG / Crewe Alexandra
F- Cyle Larin | USA / Orlando City SC

Akindele & Larin!! 

Out of the 23 players 13 are from teams outside MLS/NASL.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This roster has 8 mls players. Remember when the only two canadians in mls were derosario and kevin harmse?

And two NASL players. Remember when floro hated nasl?

Also. De Jong is another MLS player who would be on the roster if he was fit.

This roster has 8 mls players. Remember when the only two canadians in mls were derosario and kevin harmse?

It wasn't that long ago was it? 8 MLS + 2 NASL is a great indication of how far we've come. Now to do something with it!!

2007?  That roster also had 8 MLS players... and more NASL players too.  Not to mention that Adrian Serioux and Jimmy Brennan could have been there too.  Domestic content is regressing, panic!!! 

Nevertheless that was a sweet team when you see two guys in the epl and two in the bundesliga. My point is alot of our history has been plagued with players pissed off about travelling across the Atlantic and that has been a huge factor in our failures. Now, it's not so much of a problem like it once was.

Nevertheless that was a sweet team when you see two guys in the epl and two in the bundesliga. My point is alot of our history has been plagued with players pissed off about travelling across the Atlantic and that has been a huge factor in our failures. Now, it's not so much of a problem like it once was.

You're right.  But wow looking at that roster not sure what is more surprising.. that 11 years on our team doesn't seem much better if at all or that 3 of the guys are still on our roster.  

I wonder if we look at a roster in 2026 (hopefully a World Cup roster) how many guys from this squad named today would be on it.  Larin seems like the safest bet but I wonder who else? 

You're right.  But wow looking at that roster not sure what is more surprising.. that 11 years on our team doesn't seem much better if at all or that 3 of the guys are still on our roster.  

I wonder if we look at a roster in 2026 (hopefully a World Cup roster) how many guys from this squad named today would be on it.  Larin seems like the safest bet but I wonder who else? 

Piette seems very plausible too.

There's no way we called up Tesho just to watch him sit on the bench.  He's the starting RW as of now unless we play a 2 striker formation and then he's one of them.

This is as close to our 1st choice healthy team as we've had in a long while now and to be honest the rebuild of the program appears complete.  We're only really missing a full time RB and Doneil Henry.

I forgot about De Jong not being included.  He's coming back from injury as well but he's definitely our best LB even though Morgan has been playing very well this year.  I wonder when he's healthy if we can do something similar to what TFC has been doing and play him at RB to accommodate Morgan at LB. 

Archived