Concacaf u20 championship

Alex

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surpised Jalali isn't there. Was a part of every camp I think leading up to this.

I havent seen any u20 camps in person, but I go to every Eddies game. I don't rate Jalali. He doesn't have the speed which a forward usually has, nor was his hold up play very good. Keeping in mind that he was a kid playing in the NASL against men, he was always getting muscled off the ball. Even at the u20 level, I don't see the point of bringing him when we have real game changers up front.

It would be nice to see Aleksic there, but if they take a player with the same ability who can play two positions rather than one, then it's hard to get too upset with that decision.

Our U20 program is definitely improving and expanding our player pool in recent years.  Historically, only 5.6 players have graduated from each U20 team to have solid pro careers above NASL level. This year it seems our team is stacked with at least 10 guys destined to have MLS level careers, and maybe more.  Perhaps its a bit early to celebrate the MLS academy pipeline, but the future certainly looks brighter than it has previously.    

1. Marco Carducci

2. Sam Adekugbe

3. Luca Gasparotto

4. Marco Bustos

5. Dylan Carreiro

6. Kianz Froese

7. Jeremy Gagnon-Lapare

8. Mike Petrasso

9. Jordan Hamilton

10. Cyle Larin

(not to mention Aparicio, Goyette and Boakai who may each have good careers)

1. Maxime Crepeau

2. Ricky Gomes

3. Doneil Henry

4. Daniel Stanese

5. Sam Piette

6. Ben Fisk

7. Keven Aleman

8. Caleb Clarke

9. Anthony Jackson-Hamel

1. Julien Latendresse-Lévesque

2. Ben Fisk

3. Doneil Henry

4. Russel Tiebert

5. Jonathan Osorio

6. Lucas Cavallini

1. Nana Attakora

2. Adam Straith

3. Marcus Haber

4. Kyle Porter

5. Randy Edwini-Bonsu

6. Teal Bunbury*

1. Asmir Begovic*

2. David Edgar

3. Jamie Peters

4. Will Johnson

5. Simeon Jackson

6. Tos Ricketts

7. David Monsalve

1. Josh Wagenaar

2. Nik Ledgerwood

3. Andre Hainault

4. Marcel deJong

1. Kevin Harmse

2. Iain Hume

3. Atiba Hutchinson

4. Josh Simpson

1. Terry Dunfield

2. Mike Klukowski

3. Tam Nsaliwa*

4. Julian deGuzman

5. Chris Pozniak

6. Rob Friend

1. Jeff Clarke

2. Richard Hastings

3. Jason Bent

4. Paul Stalteri

5. Marco Reda

6. Dwayne deRosario

Official Roster from CanSoc:

CANADA
GK- Marco Carducci | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
GK- Nolan Wirth | USA / Oregon State University
D- Samuel Adekugbe | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
D- Alexander Comsia | FRA / RC Strasbourg
D- Luca Gasparotto | SCO / Rangers FC (on loan at Airdrieonians)
D- Jackson Farmer | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
D- Jordan Haynes | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
D- Brandon John | GER / Erzgebirge Aue
D- Rares (Chris) Serban | CAN / University of British Columbia
M- Manuel Aparicio | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Louis Béland-Goyette | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Hanson Boakai | CAN / FC Edmonton
M- Marco Bustos | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
M- Kianz Froese | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
M- Jérémy Gagnon-Laparé | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Chris Nanco | USA / Syracuse University
M- Michael Petrasso | ENG / Queens Park Rangers
F- Calum Fergusson | SCO / Inverness Caldeonian Thistle
F- Jordan Hamilton | CAN / Toronto FC
F- Cyle Larin | unattached / sans club

No Aird ... but I guess it was always overly optimistic to expect him to be on the roster ... aside from that, it looks very promising!

CSA website says that Dylan Carreiro and Fraser Aird had to stay with their club teams.

Was told Aird wasn't released by club...CSA asking club for him to play last three games. Carreiro also not released.

Any chance that the clubs do release Aird and Carreiro for the last 3 games?

I wouldve thought Petrasso wouldn't get released, not Carreiro. 

I'd be pretty bummed out and upset with my club if I was those two. 

Clubs no longer have to release players for youth competitions. They used to for U20 but that changed about 5 years ago (give or take). U23 have never been released and still aren't - i would have hoped FIFA had gone the other way and forced clubs to release for ALL competitions, but...

Petrasso getting released is perfectly reasonable. He is back at QPR and his less likely to be relied upon than Carreiro is at Dundee or Arid is at Rangers. QPR are out of both cup competitions now and just have the EPL to focus on, so they shouldn't need to dig deep into their depth and call on Petrasso too often.

Just heard that Aird is a no go for any of the games. Rangers squashed it this morning. Carreiro apparently was set to be on the team up until yesterday afternoon when Dundee said no. Guess they liked what they saw from him in his debut.

Just heard that Aird is a no go for any of the games. Rangers squashed it this morning. Carreiro apparently was set to be on the team up until yesterday afternoon when Dundee said no. Guess they liked what they saw from him in his debut.

Any chance carreiro gets released for the final 2 or 3 games? Or is he a no go for ALL games as well. 

If we qualify for the U20 world cup are clubs forced to release players? Or can they actually prevent them from going?

Some MLS clubs are going to be strung thin this year. u20 WC, WCQ, Gold Cup, Pan Am Games. 

Horrible news RE: Carreiro but I think we all figured Aird wouldn't be released.

Good roster, nice to see Boakai healthy enough to go and our other key pieces all there. 

Carreiro is a huge loss.  He was one of our best players in 2013 and in the matches leading up to this, our captain and one of the more experienced players for this age group in the region.. let alone for us. 

Luckily, I think we have many players in the same mould (although less experienced) such as Bustos, Boakai, Aparicio who can fill the creative void.

I wonder what Dundee's plans are because they were up a man at home and still didn't put Carreiro on the pitch in a 1-1 draw.  I wonder if Carreiro had a say, I'm sure he has confidence in the guys behind him and probably sees that chance to be a first team footballer in front of him.

Archived