Concacaf u20 championship

Alex

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We got the 2nd and 3rd team in UNCAF and the 2nd and 3rd team in CFU and Mexico. I don't think oh that's a good/bad draw. It's a draw. And even if the draw was the worse we could get like having Panama instead of El Salvador and Trinidad instead of Cuba and are unable to make top 3, we could say that the US would probably make it and if we can't make a top 3, it's our fault, not the draw.

Apparently U-20 Canada will participate in an international tournament in Spain facing USA, Rusia and Ireland

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/novakovich-edwards-291014-2048873.aspx

Apparently U-20 Canada will participate in an international tournament in Spain facing USA, Rusia and Ireland

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/novakovich-edwards-291014-2048873.aspx

This is odd. When is the tourney, because this implies the Canada u20 will be in two tourneys. One with England, US and Russia, and the other one you mentioned.

Found this on the USA website:

"In preparation for qualifying, the U.S. U-20 MNT is headed to Marbella, Spain, from Nov. 10-19 for three international matches. The USA will face Russia’s U-20 national team on Nov. 12, the Republic of Ireland’s U-21 national team on Nov. 15 and Canada’s U-20s on Nov. 18. The U-20 MNT roster for the Spain trip will be announced in the coming days."

So a stopover in England for the friendly.

• 5 weeks later...

According to Duane Rollins on his latest podcast, the u20 coaches don't rate Larin and he might not be a part of the u20 team for the tournament. And here I thought Rob Gale was a smart guy. How the fuck is Larin not rated? Just because he didn't come up through a traditional academy? Come on.

I don't rate information/rumours from Duane Rollins. 

Gale's probably pissed that Larin didn't show up last camp.

That s probably it and with the U20 Qualifying coming soon, Gale might not be too interested in giving a place to Larin and cut a player who has been there during our recent camps where we had good results.

Gale's probably pissed that Larin didn't show up last camp.

The kid was in NCAA playoffs in whats probably his final year of college sports. How can you be pissed. If he makes himelf available for the turni in January call him up so he is at your disposal. If you want to punish him have him start on the bench and only use him if we're lacking fire power.

I find it hard to believe Floro would let Gale leave him off the roster. After Floro called him up to the Sr team and likes what he sees in him. You're telling me if we make it to the U20 WC and Larin gets drafted 1st overall in MLS super draft Gale is going to leave him behindd because he missed an October camp?

Me thinks Floro is going to step in and tell him to call him up. Floro is the coach of the U23 team and he may even have Larin on that team, let alone the U20s.

^agreed. Why is Larin good enough to be called upon by Floro, ranked to potentially go #1 in the MLS draft, I also believe he has trained with European clubs already as well... but yet he isn't rated by the U20 coach? A coach that works with Floro? This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I can understand being angry at a kid who would rather hang out with his buddies on his amateur team than participate in a key international tune-up against world-class competition. I'm not saying it would cause me to drop the kid, but I can understand it.

Archived