Concacaf u20 championship

Alex

Is Kwame Awuah any good? I heard good things about him at UConn, but he hasn't really been in any camps.

He's been to at least one camp. They've evaluated him. He seems to like to dribble a lot judging by youtube highlights of his.

In any event Sam A. Has has the left back position on lock down.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, when we look up and down our U-20 roster, usually it's pretty decent looking.  I agree with some on these boards that say this years crop trumps most crops we've put forth at least in one regard...a lot of the guys here are either already at solid first team action, or seem to be on the verge of it at a professional level.

(2013 was admittedly a fine list of names as well)

Here's an article on the Carreiro situation. 

“It was a very late decision. I can’t say I was best pleased with the club and the way they handled it. They ended up issuing an apology and their assistant coach ended up accepting a phone call from me and apologized. The club felt a little bit embarrassed about how they handled it,” Gale told Sportsnet.

So now that we have the full roster thoughts on the starting 11?

------------------Hamilton-------------

Petrasso--------Aparacio ----------Bustos

----------JGL---------------Froese

Adekugbe Gasparatto Comsia Serban

-----------------Carducci -------------

sttttaaccckkkedddd

But gal likes a 4-1-4-1 so we could see JGL behind Froese and Aparicio. Otherwise seems the most likely line up. Could also see a 4-4-2 with Larin and Hamilton.

sttttaaccckkkedddd

But gal likes a 4-1-4-1 so we could see JGL behind Froese and Aparicio. Otherwise seems the most likely line up. Could also see a 4-4-2 with Larin and Hamilton.

Could we also see a 8-1-1?  Once again jumping to conclusions here.  When have we ever played a 4-4-2?  And even a 4-1-4-1 is wrong even though it is similar to a 4-2-3-1.  "Gale" seems to like a 4-2-3-1 thus far.  If you don't know you don't know but don't pretend you do and pass things off as fact.

Could we also see a 8-1-1?  Once again jumping to conclusions here.  When have we ever played a 4-4-2?  And even a 4-1-4-1 is wrong even though it is similar to a 4-2-3-1.  "Gale" seems to like a 4-2-3-1 thus far.  If you don't know you don't know but don't pretend you do and pass things off as fact.

Relax. I'm going off match reports that I've seen, mainly the one after the England game that had them listed in that formation. If I'm wrong I'm wrong you don't need to be a douchnozzle about it.

The match report from England in the daily mail said 4-1-4-1.  But at the end of the day the tactical flexibility of that formation is similar to the 4-2-3-1.  The game will be won or lost by the midfield triangle of JGL, Froese and Aparacio (plus Bustos in the 2nd half).  If Froese plays DM or CM doesn't really matter does it.

I have to say that a 4-1-4-1 does set up nicer passing triangles than a 4-2-3-1 if you're watching it done well.  The key is to have that really dominant DM who can win balls and distribute well and you need versatile wingers to fill their spots. 

At this level with JGL I think we have the DM we need.  Petrasso and Carreiro would be those versatile wings if we could get them but I don't know who's going to take that other side now.

Archived