Red Team Elimination Watch 2014

Trillium

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jpg 75

Did you mix a big jug of Kook Aid today, halftime all even at one, why no Bradley or Mr Groin pull today?

I know Vanney is holding the troops in reserve or following the Bez/bean counters edict, do not damage the assets we are selling off, the shareholders will be pissed.

So halftime, pressure on TFC, known as the Circus by the long suffering real supporters, do the lads fold? Or did VaNney deliver a win it for the Gipper speech.

By the way why does Kara Lang's hair look like it needs attention by a good quality shop? Yes folks I would wonder if a male presenter had similar hair issues.

Baldomero Toledo. What a joke. Can someone please fire this guy already? Seriously, how many games does he have to ruin.

He missed an easy RC on Dero and the RC on Pearce was incredibly harsh.

Anyways, TFC were horrible today. It´s a shame on they destroyed that season. The nice thing is everyone was involved, DP players, other players, former coaches and new coaches. Great stuff.

Seems appropriate to start a 2014 thread. With ten games left and on 33 points, can they get 17 points out of the 30 on offer?

I would think 50 pts is needed to be in, that equates out to five wins and two ties in ten games, that is having no more then three losses.

The TFC fans are in for a nail biter end of season.

TFC gets eight points in the last ten games, a 33% production in roughly one third of the season. They produced 33 points out of 69 points available up to August 31, so a touch over 50%.

Yet today's game was a sellout....so I have to praise the management at MLSE, they get Toronto and money making.

The big question is will the supporters groups members the emotional core of TFC, be back for Season nine of Red Team Elimination Watch...or do they drift into buying the latest jersey of the EPL club of the moment.

I trust the cries of the Kook Aid drinkers will be heeded, dump Gilberto, fire Vanney,get rid of Bez, hire Bradley's dad let him be the next bloody big deal.

Vancouver will be a good representative in the CCL next year, so TFC can concentrate on the league play with no world cup distractions.

I wonder if Orlando would take a bunch of Toronto's large number of picks next year and Mark Bloom for the #1 so Toronto could grab Larin. Toronto could get by with Gilberto, Larin, Moore, Dike and a DP #10 who can also play a withdrawn striker role.

I'm hearing (I think it was D. Rollins - my bad if it wasn't) that Gilberto would likely be the piece moving out of TFC... so maybe that's the price tag for Larin?  Which then begs the question, is Gilberto leaving the way to go about getting Larin?

Many think Gilberto will tear it up next year, or at least start to. If he were to leave TFC and move to another MLS club I wouldn't be surprised if he did get much better. Seems to be the trend (Plata, Urruti, Laba, Cooper).

Baldomero Toledo. What a joke. Can someone please fire this guy already? Seriously, how many games does he have to ruin.

Ironically there actually was a red card-able offence in this game (DeRosario) and it wasn't given… the ones he gave were bizarre.

Ironically there actually was a red card-able offence in this game (DeRosario) and it wasn't given… the ones he gave were bizarre.

Well, Camara deserved both YC and you could make a case for the Osorio RC (maybe that should ce been only a YC). The truly awful one was the one on Pearce

Gilberto for Larin would be bad for Canadian soccer imo.  It would make TFC worse and put unnecessary pressure on Larin to succeed and be a star out of the gates, which we all know won't be possible without proper support. 

Agree 100% with this. The best way for Larin to shine is to stay far far away from TFC. Let Hamilton assume the role of local striker for the Reds.

Does Vanney stay on as coach or someone else takes over?

Could a college coach come up the ranks and maybe have the Porter effect or MLS experience coach takes over?

Vanney stays, he and Bez wheel and deal and find a DP replacement for Defoe.

Vanney loses the clubhouse in early July, and is gone by August 1, Bez brings in Jesse Marsh..team is no better and Bez is gone back to MLS by September 1. MLSE buys Bib Bradleys club in Scadanavia and has him as head coach and GM with 3 Year no fire, no interference contract.

TFC USL squad goes all Canadian and wins USL PRO league.

Well, Camara deserved both YC and you could make a case for the Osorio RC (maybe that should ce been only a YC). The truly awful one was the one on Pearce

Well I take back my judgement of the Osorio one, look at this replay, posted on twitter by the victim himself! haha

Probably fair red card.

Just take a look! #NotFake http://instagram.com/p/uaoFY_rulu/

Kind of unusual for a player to do that, and can't say it'll help his reputation much lol

Got a kick out of him being carried of the field haha.

It seems to have been a dangerous foul although even from this angle we can not fully see it. It is quite possible that Felipe was really in pain afterwards or it is also possible he was exaggerating and faking to draw a card. However, regardless whether a player is faking or not it is not the job of an opposing player to determine that and pick up the player. That is solely the job of the ref and medical staff. Indeed if the player was seriously injured this could have been extremely dangerous and it is extremely unfair and unsporting on Bendik's part to do that. Bendik should not only receive a red card for that but also a several game suspension like Romero got last year when he kicked Kofie Sarkodie after he went down very easy during the playoff game last year. It may be funny and may reveal how injured players really are but opposing players picking up or interfering with injured players can not be tolerated by any means in soccer or any other sport. That being said Toledo sure made a mess of this game in every way and why he is still employed by the league when the general consensus from fans of every team is that he is the worst ref in the MLS is a mystery.

Archived