Red Team Elimination Watch 2014

Trillium

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it was a bit unlucky you'd have to admit. Having said that, their performance in the first half was under par. The pressure is mounting for the new coach. I guess they will get a couple of wins this year, it might be enough to reach the playoffs. But if they won't, I'm really anxious the hear what Bezbachenko has to say about it. 

Philly does the double and defeats TFC at home, but more troubling is the empty stands of Kook Aid drinkers where have RBP gone ?

27 points left to pick up if my counting is correct. TFC needs seven wins now, some would say that is miracle zone.

Now I know some if the hard core TFC supporters figure Vanny needs this week to install a new system, and I agree he was left with a tough brief to reform a team with two games in one week, but it was versus the same team and you would think the back end game at home should have been stronger.... Pretty sure I saw the TV calling them the Turmoil team, that has to hurt the folks with Defoe jerseys.

Sometimes I think you'd be happier seeing the reds miss the playoffs than the impact making it. 

Sometimes I think you'd be happier seeing the reds miss the playoffs than the impact making it. 

No... I really hope TFC make the playoffs one day and meet the Impact for the League Championship, that would require a change in the playoff rounds...but at least TFC fans can hope both clubs do better in years to come and end up in divisional championships year after year.

Imagine a home and home ...series TFC vs Montreal for the Divisional Championship, one game at the Big O the other at Rogers Centre, two huge crowds and a national tv audience that beats out a Stanley Cup final.

The only other real exciting possiblity is a Concacaf Champions league apperance by both teams, leading to a CCL final.

TFC management likely does not understand the potential of the CCL and how it can advance TFC as a club, I am pretty sure the Impact owner gets it, given the times they have been in the competition.

Of course we could see the potential for such a match up on 18 October 2014, when Montreal visit TFC .... if TFC is in the zone to qualify and need a win versus Montreal ... imagine the tension in the stadium as Montreal pulls out all the stops for a moral win over TFC.

You would have to hope the members of the Red Patch Boys who have fallen by the wayside, would rouse themselves for such a game as would the other TFC fan groups, I suspect UM02 would come in numbers for such a game, even if they are out of the playoffs at that time.

Could streamers appear for the last home game of the season if TFC do not make the playoffs ?

No... I really hope TFC make the playoffs one day and meet the Impact for the League Championship, that would require a change in the playoff rounds...but at least TFC fans can hope both clubs do better in years to come and end up in divisional championships year after year.

Imagine a home and home ...series TFC vs Montreal for the Divisional Championship, one game at the Big O the other at Rogers Centre, two huge crowds and a national tv audience that beats out a Stanley Cup final.

The only other real exciting possiblity is a Concacaf Champions league apperance by both teams, leading to a CCL final.

TFC management likely does not understand the potential of the CCL and how it can advance TFC as a club, I am pretty sure the Impact owner gets it, given the times they have been in the competition.

Of course we could see the potential for such a match up on 18 October 2014, when Montreal visit TFC .... if TFC is in the zone to qualify and need a win versus Montreal ... imagine the tension in the stadium as Montreal pulls out all the stops for a moral win over TFC.

You would have to hope the members of the Red Patch Boys who have fallen by the wayside, would rouse themselves for such a game as would the other TFC fan groups, I suspect UM02 would come in numbers for such a game, even if they are out of the playoffs at that time.

Could streamers appear for the last home game of the season if TFC do not make the playoffs ?

Why do you say the management doesn't understand the potential of CCL? They were in the semi final like 2 years ago. 

Nothing in this post or any of your other posts suggest you'd like to see TFC make the playoffs.

To be honest I think you'd feel a lot better if TFC failed because Montreal are already out. I'm a TFC fan second but a Canadian fan first, so I want to see all our teams make the playoffs. I get no joy by seeing TFC qualify and Montreal fail. Whatever floats your boat though I guess.

Nothing in this post or any of your other posts suggest you'd like to see TFC make the playoffs.

#1 icon_share.pngTrillium

Trillium

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

See the supportive comments http://www.torontofc...ebruary-22-2014

TFC steps up its preseason with 1 to 1 tie with MLS bound Orlando, clearly things are looking up for TFC, Orlando ties it up on a late goal.

Gawd its good to have TFC back playing, and providing ongoing enjoyment lets hope for a great TFC season.

For those not aware Orlando plays in the equivalent of North America third division, but will be jumping to the MLS.

Obinna...seems to me your a bit wrong in your assessment... but most TFC supporters who support TFC  have blinders on to anyone who does not drink Kook-Aid, no problem.

Maybe I'm blind or am misunderstanding something but I don't see any comments by you in that link. I will just assume you copied and pasted your "supportive comments", but nonetheless I hope you can understand why I doubt your sincerity on this one, given the anti-TFC undertones to some of your posts. For example, this gem is from this very thread:

"Philly does the double and defeats TFC at home, but more troubling is the empty stands of Kook Aid drinkers where have RBP gone ?"

I get it though, you're a Montreal fan and Montreal fans naturally have a rivalry with Toronto fans, hence your focus on supposedly empty stands and your insistence on using the whole "Kool Aid" drinker thing. That is totally fine and your well within your right to feel such hostility towards TFC.

However, just keep in mind that this is a CANADIAN soccer forum.

For the record, the reason why TFC is my favorite team is because it has always given me the best opportunity to watch Canadian players. This is also why I have been much more interested in the Impact this season than I have been in the past. I've never lived in Toronto and I'm actually a Habs fan. I don't quite fully understand what "drinking the Kool Aid" even means, but whatever it is it certainly doesn't apply to me. I just want to see as many Canadians do well as possible. You'll never see any hate for any of our teams come from me.  

"However, just keep in mind that this is a CANADIAN soccer forum." by Obinna...

Trillium says: So talking about TFC is not talking about a Canadian soccer club ? Really expand on that thought to be clearer, there are numerous threads on this forum site, some about the National Teams, others about leagues and clubs.

Red Team Elimination is a thread that has rolled around in recent  years, most years TFC tantalizes it's base at season ticket renewal time, with a new coach, or reduced prices, or a promise of grass coming in, or indeed hiring of an EPL player to become coach, some years ( this one especially ) MLSE hired some new player talent at a very high price, ( six million X two ) and garnered a new level of excitement along with the presence of Cesar before the World Cup, but as happens due to the well known TFC curse, the club finds away to get down to its natural level.

You can think Canadian's should blindly support TFC cause it occasionally fields players who qualify for Canada, but I tend to think of club soccer as being different then that.

Do I want TFC to succeed in the marketplace, yes with the qualification I would like them to succeed as a club with a deep connection to it's community ( which is Toronto and an arc of 50 miles from Toronto ) as defined by its club charter in MLS. Do I support TFC when they go CCL, yes actually I do, Same as I have done for Montreal and will for WhiteCaps or Fury etc. whoever goes through.

Would I prefer to have a NASL club in Calgary defeat a TFC club in Voyageurs Cup competition you bet.. I think it would be great for the game, don't you Obinna ?

Back to your Canadain Forum comment...I will suggest to you my support of the Women's and men's program over time has been pretty strong, you can believe that or not.

Obinna, it's like trying to reason with a brick wall.  If you're feeling bored, have at it, but don't expect any acquiescence.

Have to chuckle since Tesla never gave in to Edison ...sticking to his guns as it were and in essence being right historically and electrically El Hombre, but each to his own opinion, it is just usefull to back up your opinions with relevant supporting information.

Remember El Hombre

acquiescence
[ ˌakwēˈesəns ] noun...the reluctant acceptance of something without protest

Much like the fan base of TFC accepting without protest what MSLE gives them year after year ....

"However, just keep in mind that this is a CANADIAN soccer forum." by Obinna...

Trillium says: So talking about TFC is not talking about a Canadian soccer club ? Really expand on that thought to be clearer, there are numerous threads on this forum site, some about the National Teams, others about leagues and clubs.

Red Team Elimination is a thread that has rolled around in recent  years, most years TFC tantalizes it's base at season ticket renewal time, with a new coach, or reduced prices, or a promise of grass coming in, or indeed hiring of an EPL player to become coach, some years ( this one especially ) MLSE hired some new player talent at a very high price, ( six million X two ) and garnered a new level of excitement along with the presence of Cesar before the World Cup, but as happens due to the well known TFC curse, the club finds away to get down to its natural level.

You can think Canadian's should blindly support TFC cause it occasionally fields players who qualify for Canada, but I tend to think of club soccer as being different then that.

Do I want TFC to succeed in the marketplace, yes with the qualification I would like them to succeed as a club with a deep connection to it's community ( which is Toronto and an arc of 50 miles from Toronto ) as defined by its club charter in MLS. Do I support TFC when they go CCL, yes actually I do, Same as I have done for Montreal and will for WhiteCaps or Fury etc. whoever goes through.

Would I prefer to have a NASL club in Calgary defeat a TFC club in Voyageurs Cup competition you bet.. I think it would be great for the game, don't you Obinna ?

Back to your Canadain Forum comment...I will suggest to you my support of the Women's and men's program over time has been pretty strong, you can believe that or not.

Let me elaborate on "Let's remember this is a Canadian Soccer Forum"....

To me, the focus of this forum should be the Canadian players and the program. Obviously some people like the Impact more than TFC, or like the Caps more than the Impact, but the underlying theme should ideally revolve around the Canadian players and the program. You're a known Impact supporter and if you started a "Blue Team Elimination Thread" I'd have no problem with that. That is not the case though - you're just looking to piss people off. 

People can post what they want, but it would be a lot cooler if you're comments were of this nature:

"TFC are really struggling, will they qualify for the playoffs? Let's hope they do, it would be great for Osorio and Henry to get more experience playing in big games"

"TFC are really struggling, will they qualify for playoffs? Let's hope they do, the fans have suffered for so long and qualifying would be have a positive impact (no pun intended) on the fan support which might translate into strong national support when we play in Toronto"

or even

"TFC are really struggling, and being an Impact fan I am not too hurt about it. It is too bad though that Osorio and Henry will not get to experience the playoffs yet again. I hope any bad attendance in Toronto doesn't spill over to the CMNT when we play there".

To me those comments are more in line with the purpose of the forum. Any inflammatory comments about Kool Aid or whatever belong at a club supporter website. This is the club section but this is a National Team website.

I don't know what an NASL club beating TFC has to do with anything, it would be great I guess? Especially if there were a ton of Canadians on the NASL team. 

This goes both ways btw. I don't support TFC fans engaging in banter about how their club is bigger or more supported or whatever (just making things up here). Like I said, take that to another website. This is where we should be coming together not feuding with one another.

Obinna...

I am truly sorry but I could never have said .... " Gee, too bad TFC missed the playoffs, it would be good for Andrea Lombardo to play in important games" Nor could I say after losing 8 to 1 in San Pedro Sula "Gee we scored a goal".

I think the game engenders passion, I think clubs that have passion in the fan base, who use critical thinking skills, and who demand excellence from players and from executives build the game.

Koombya philosophy is great at summer camp being sung by a CGIT troop, it has no place in professional club soccer nor with national teams.

Results count as do intentions to succeed.

If you fail to challenge the failings and understand them you learn nothing.

Canada plays the Reggae boys tomorrow, it will be a tough game to get a result, will a loss sit well when we need FIFA standing points to build for the next qualification cycle?

Dude I don't even know if you're pulling my leg here or actually serious. Either way... we're clearly on different pages. 

I am making a simple point. This is a Canadian NT fan page. Club rivalries should be secondary here. National team issues should be first. Do you disagree or can you just not comprehend what i'm saying here? 

Back to soccer though - yes I fully expect us to get 3 points and I will not be satisfied with a draw considering the squad we have called up! We have pretty much called an A squad (maybe an -A squad, actually). Jamaica have really called up a B squad in my mind. Combine that with Floro saying we're in phase 2 and I have lofty expectations for our boys in this match.

Dude I don't even know if you're pulling my leg here or actually serious. Either way... we're clearly on different pages. 

I am making a simple point. This is a Canadian NT fan page. Club rivalries should be secondary here. National team issues should be first. Do you disagree or can you just not comprehend what i'm saying here? 

No I disagree, the sub forum is

MLS

Discussion about the Toronto Football Club, Vancouver Whitecaps, Montreal Impact and Major League Soccer

Clearly in simple language it says ...discussion about ... it does not say discussions only about Canadian Players in MLS or on Canadian MLS teams. That discussion is carried on in a different sub-forum Canadians in MLS (2014 Season)

A long time ago in the 54 version of the board discussion was all in one very large stream, now the sub-forums exist and in them folks can start new topic items, i.e. Red Team Elimination Watch ...or if you wish start one called "Positive thinking 101 for our MLS teams"

If you think you do not like this topic fair dinkum, opt not to post or start a topic with a title that you feel will engender discussion, it is now and always has been a forum where a ordinary member can express themselves.

On the topic of Red Team Elimination Watch you might want to go to the Red Patch Boys forum and read the posts in " http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?36570-Have-you-given-up-on-this-post-season  " then post there asking those folks why they are not more positive about TFC.

Obinna the vast majority of what I might say about TFC is tame compared to what the paying customers of MLSE are saying, folks who support TFC like to take the piss as they say when someone calls them out on their club fair enough, but a heck of a lot of those folks who used to step up here and discuss TFC no longer do...not because of what anyone here says, but because every time they prop up the Circus ... the tent collaspes once again.

After a while they give up hope...currently 53 percent of survey respondents on the above forum link indicate in they have given up on post season play for TFC in 2014.

If you cannot connect the dots from TFC fans being dispirited, by their club  and low attendance at National team games you perhaps do not have a handle on what motivates folks to go to games.

In 2013-14 the Canadian Men's National team had the following record.

0 Wins, 5 Ties, 10 Losses,

That would be 15 games without a win, mix that in with the collaspe of TFC fans hopes this fall, and you know why Jamie is doing an amazing job getting bums in seats for an International friendly.

- I don't care about the Red Patch Boys forum. That's why I don't post there.

- I'm glad you're comments are tame in comparison to MLSE paying customers. You obviously have the moral high ground. Give yourself a pat on the back.

- TFC supporters who like to take the piss no longer post here? Good.

- Jamie doing an amazing job has absolutely no relevance to you making inflammatory comments, but I applaud his efforts.   

- "Positive thinking 101 for our MLS clubs" sounds pretty lame. Not impressed by your suggestion. No offense.

- 0 Wins, 5 Ties, 10 Losses. Irrelevant.

- The Voyageurs MLS sub forum is a reasonable place to grind your TFC Axe? Respectfully disagree.

- Are you free to post whatever you wish? Absolutely. Am I entitled to point out when comments are not constructive? Absolutely.

- I don't care about the Red Patch Boys forum. That's why I don't post there.

- I'm glad you're comments are tame in comparison to MLSE paying customers. You obviously have the moral high ground. Give yourself a pat on the back.

- TFC supporters who like to take the piss no longer post here? Good.

- Jamie doing an amazing job has absolutely no relevance to you making inflammatory comments, but I applaud his efforts.

- "Positive thinking 101 for our MLS clubs" sounds pretty lame. Not impressed by your suggestion. No offense.

- 0 Wins, 5 Ties, 10 Losses. Irrelevant.

- The Voyageurs MLS sub forum is a reasonable place to grind your TFC Axe? Respectfully disagree.

- Are you free to post whatever you wish? Absolutely. Am I entitled to point out when comments are not constructive? Absolutely.

Tell me what you have done to build the game in Canada Obinna? You like to make statements but what us your street cred?

Have you been to Mexico for club games or Panama city hanging banners in the stadium?

I just saw the reggae boys score, I do not like it, but I understand the why.

You posted in another thread wondering about Andrea Lombardo not being in MLS.

It makes me wonder about your understanding if the game.

If you want to play testosterone games no problem, but I would hope you Man up and PM me and tell me what you understand about the game, and what you have done to support the game in this country.

I am very open to discussing with you, and expanding on my thought process, I trust you will do the same applying your critical thinking skills.

it really is all about the challenge of ideas Obinna, but you do need facts that are real not just feelings.

Message me start a real dialogue.

I thought that trip to Mexico was with Grizzly for whores. I didn't realize soccer was involved.

What people like Obinna and El Hombre fail to understand is that whoring in Mexico is crucial to developing Canadian soccer. ie illegitimate children growing up playing soccer in a strong soccer country and eligible for a Canadian passport! Stop all this criticism and negativity and start giving Trillium and myself the credit we deserve for the sacrifices we are making for soccer in this country!

I was waiting for this to be dropped.

The standard Trillium fall back in every discussion.

El Hombre...be it traveling to support the national team's both male or female, or coaching competitive soccer, or sitting on various soccer organisations boards and cttes, that is a way to  build the game.

It may well be a standard fall back, but if it is a factual one it gets to be repeated.

You do not like my comments about TFC, and because you do not you let it colour your responses on other topics that come up on the boards... fair enough it is not a particularly worrisome thing to me that you drink the Kook Aid, but hopefully you begin to be honest with youself and your view of what actions help to build soccer in this country.

If you want to have a sub-forum on that topic start one, lets have a discussion, but if you just want to blindly attack those who are never shocked by how low TFC management and team can go...then have at it until the day you can tout TFC for success in MLS.

Archived