3) Adekugbe

4) Farmer

5) Froese

6) Thomas

7) Alderson

8) Bustos

9) Carducci

10) Pridham

11th I'm confused on. Are they counting Koffie, is Clarke at the camp and I missed it, or is it someone else entirely? Just wondering which :)

According to Jeff Carlisle from ESPN, Vancouver is set to acquire Steven Beitashour from San Jose. They also tried to get Chance Myers, but his contractual demands were too high for the Whitecaps.

Really? With all that allocation money they have I would've thought they'd be eager to solidify their defence with a quality pick up like Meyers.

According to Jeff Carlisle from ESPN, Vancouver is set to acquire Steven Beitashour from San Jose. They also tried to get Chance Myers, but his contractual demands were too high for the Whitecaps.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1693493/steven-beitashour-join-vancouver-whitecaps?cc=5901

I'm fairly positive on this one. On the one hand he is youngish (27 next month), is a domestic, and has a few years of MLS under his belt. There is also no capable Canadian or Caps youth player ready to step in this role for some time, by the looks of things. On the other, he is rumoured to be a little fragile, and is a member of the Iranian national team now, meaning he will be gone from time-to-time, and might be parlaying this experience into more money expected, which seems to have been the reason for him leaving SJ.

I don't know much about his playing style but after scanning some fan threads he is apparently fairly quick and a good distributor of the ball (lead SJ in assists in 2011).

"Beitashour and Morrow have benefited from the special tutelage of Yallop and assistant coach Mark Watson, who played fullback in England and MLS."

http://www.mercurynews.com/earthquakes/ci_20497081/justin-morrow-steven-beitashour-emerge-during-earthquakes-drive?source=rss

And in case you thought our lot was caustic check out the Iranian supporters thread on Beitashour's decision to play for Iran:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-109246-p-2.html

I'm surprised noone mentioned (in the posts I read from Nolando's caustic link) anything about him choosing Iran after they had already qualified for the World Cup. I can't speak on Hoilett, but I think the situation with Jono would have been a little different given what Julian had been talking about. Just conjecture on my part...but that's a huge can or worms.

Anyway, good luck to Iran in the World Cup, they'll need it :) We may see Beitashour trying to defend against Lionel Messi...

(note of interest...some Iranian football fan already put Beitashour as a Whitecaps player)

"With a deal for Beitashour done, the most glaring need for the Caps is in attacking midfield.

The possibility remains that the Caps could bring back Japanese playmaker Daigo Kobayashi, 30, whose option they declined in November."

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/soccer/Vancouver+Whitecaps+Right+back+replacement+from+Jose/9432331/story.html

NOT excited by the Daigo possibility. At all.

Yes, he played a lot out wide instead of in the middle where he was supposed to be best but I didn't really see it coming together even when he did get minutes there. He didn't mix well on the field with NRC or Teibert or Koffie, no chemistry whatsoever, and has such limited pace despite a relatively sweet foot. If you were to bring any old Cap back I'd take Chumiento back long before even thinking of Daigo.

I would be surprised if Daigo was back. I think someone saw him at a restaurant in Vancouver in December and Weber tweeted a similar statement out then. The reality is that we have the cap room to sign a DP CAM. I assume Robinson would want to make a splash with a least one player, and this position would be top of the list. How about Jordi Gomez?

Super excited to see Beitashour in the Blue and White.

Perfect replacement for YP Lee. Guy has pace, skill, and can run all day.

Back line seems set now: Beitashour (Sampson), AOB (Mitchell), DeMerit (Leveron), Harvey (Adekugbe).

As for Mehdi Ballouchy, will be interesting what kind of depth he will provide once healthy.

Archived