Steven Vitória

Yohan

20 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Not sure how that would go over with the current manager for our NT.  

I've never seen him play but is he a guy with a lot talent yet prone to big/key errors or poor decision making?

I have watched 3 or 4 MLS games he's been in ...

What I will say about him is that he is a big body that is decent with the ball at his feet. He doesn't have a lot of speed but his positioning is really good and he always appears to be talking and organizing. Good in the air as well.

The best comparison I can think of would be Kevin McKenna. They are both left footed even. Too bad Vitoria doesn't have Big Kev's attitude. That man was a class act. 

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/soccer/canada+soccer+boost+scott+arfield+steven+vit%C3%B3ria+will+wear/11627525/story.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

24 minutes ago, shermanator said:

But fuck Vitoria. The weasel.

Yes, he basically gave his hometown of Toronto and Canada the U-20 middle finger and seems to have a talent of scoring against Toronto as well but I'm done with the trash talk. To put it in your eloquent terms:

If he fucks with his cock for the CanMNT, then by proxy, we all get laid. And who doesn't want to get football-laid?

Also, do you think we would get a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricardo_Ferreira_(Portuguese_footballer) before getting a Vitória?

If Ferreira had been a U-20 prospect earlier in life (a little older), we might have had the ill feelings we have towards Vitória now.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

beggars can't be choosers at this point 

we are turning into the CONCACAF version of Switzerland - many different backgrounds and one national team 

They made Euro 2016 with a hodgepodge group of nationality and somewhere in Zurch tonight- no one gives a rats A** about the home country, rather they care they made Euro 2016  

Based on the background of a lot of us in this great country( best in the world IMO) this is an easy tradeoff for footy success and no repeats of 8-1

Welcome Scott, welcome back Steven and anyone else that Canada Soccer feel worthy to wear the badge.  

I'll reserve judgement on Vitoria until we see his commitment/ability.  Same for what Lucas Cavallini brings to the table.

I didn't have much hope we'd land Hoilett or that he would be much of an asset in terms of his commitment.  But he has surprised me to date.  Despite the past attitude of the aforementioned pair, they may yet prove worthy of wearing our colours ... at least we hope so.

On 1/4/2016 at 1:58 PM, ray said:

I'll reserve judgement on Vitoria until we see his commitment/ability.  Same for what Lucas Cavallini brings to the table.

I didn't have much hope we'd land Hoilett or that he would be much of an asset in terms of his commitment.  But he has surprised me to date.  Despite the past attitude of the aforementioned pair, they may yet prove worthy of wearing our colours ... at least we hope so.

And lunch? What did you have for lunch?

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Floortom said:

It's on Twitter. Don't know how to link to it but just Twitter search "Steven Vitoria"

Hopefully not his fake twitter account, LOL!

But seriously, if Benfica have released him (more like bought him out) then i would assume he would sign somewhere in Europe and most likely with a mid-to-bottom Portuguese Superliga team

• jordan changed the title to Steven Vitória