Canada-USA - Gold Cup 2011 - June 7 - 8PM - Ford Field - Detroit

Razcle

Announcement came at noon today from Canadian Soccer News. This needs its own thread as many from Ontario and Quebec will be heading down for this match.

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?1295-Canada-v.-USA-in-Detroit-at-2011-Gold-Cup!

Probably the best news we could have recieved from this tournament. We need to get an allocation on tickets though as the US has a potential to sell-out.

EDIT: FOR TICKETS CLICK HERE

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much are tickets going to be, anyhow?

And would we be trying to get congregated in one section?

If so, post which on, please. (when it's been decided of course)

According to Ticketmaster, the lowest priced ticket is $50 (plus service charges, of course). That's for admission to both games.

I think (hope) there's a group rate, which is something we should definitely look into.

According to Ticketmaster, the lowest priced ticket is $50 (plus service charges, of course). That's for admission to both games.

I think (hope) there's a group rate, which is something we should definitely look into.

Are they already on sale? If not, any idea when?

Are they already on sale? If not, any idea when?

Pre-sale (including group sales) starts tomorrow. General sale starts March 19.

Not promising anything, but I'm giving preliminary thought to a same-day bus from Toronto for ths match. It'll likely leave BMO Field around 1-1:30pm, possibly make a couple of stops in Mississauga/Oakville and Hamilton, and arrive in Detroit around 6pm. The bus would then depart for Toronto around 10:45-11:00pm, meaning it'll get back to BMO at roughly 3am.

I haven't looked into anything in regards to logistics and prices, but this bus would be open to everyone in the V's, U-Sector, RPB and NEE.

If I do this, how many would be seriously interested?

EDIT: Perhaps Califax and I should co-ordinate? :)

Put in a request for a bus. Waiting to hear what the damage is

I've organized bus trips to Bills games in the past. Provided you fill the bus and aren't looking to make a profit, it can be very cheaply split amongst those going.

Rudi - I'd 100% be in and could likely convince a couple friends to join.

I'd be interested in joining the Toronto V's on a bus to Detroit. FC Edmonton is in Montreal on June 4th and I was thinking about going down for that match. Might as well hang around out east for a few more days and join in the fun to Detroit. Rudi, I'll keep you posted as soon as I get work sorted out.

Pre-sale (including group sales) starts tomorrow. General sale starts March 19.

Not promising anything, but I'm giving preliminary thought to a same-day bus from Toronto for ths match. It'll likely leave BMO Field around 1-1:30pm, possibly make a couple of stops in Mississauga/Oakville and Hamilton, and arrive in Detroit around 6pm. The bus would then depart for Toronto around 10:45-11:00pm, meaning it'll get back to BMO at roughly 3am.

I haven't looked into anything in regards to logistics and prices, but this bus would be open to everyone in the V's, U-Sector, RPB and NEE.

If I do this, how many would be seriously interested?

EDIT: Perhaps Califax and I should co-ordinate? :)

I'd be in for this for sure. But I'd prefer to leave a little earlier so we will be there a little early for the first game.

We don't pay for healthcare :)

Archived