Canada-USA - Gold Cup 2011 - June 7 - 8PM - Ford Field - Detroit

Razcle

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You need Paypal to buy from the block that's being advertised here in Sec. 118. I was looking at that option after having no luck with the CSA code. I tried the usafan code and found 2 seats at mid-field.

Huh?

I clicked on the "Buy" button on the front page, and there's an option to pay by credit card (it specifically says "Pay with a credit card if you don't have a PayPal account"). I'm not sure what you're seeing.

I'm totally new to this. I'm a Montreal Impact follower since 2007, but now I'm trying to learn about my national team. I would LOVE to come to Detroit with you. However I live in Montreal, and I understand this trip is not very popular with Montrealers...

We could organize a car (4-5 people) leaving from Montreal to catch the TO bus. Right now, I know Joepaco is in. With me, it makes 2.

Anyone interested?

I'm totally new to this. I'm a Montreal Impact follower since 2007, but now I'm trying to learn about my national team. I would LOVE to come to Detroit with you. However I live in Montreal, and I understand this trip is not very popular with Montrealers...

We could organize a car (4-5 people) leaving from Montreal to catch the TO bus. Right now, I know Joepaco is in. With me, it makes 2.

Anyone interested?

at that point, I think it's worth driving direclty to Detroit

Just talking to friends in Windsor, there will be at minimum 100 Canadian supporters going to the game from the soccer community and probably a lot more. A Canada USA game in Detroit will be a big draw for soccer players that are'nt active CMNT supporters and this could be a good way to get more momentum behind the team especially in Southern Ontario.

Just talking to friends in Windsor, there will be at minimum 100 Canadian supporters going to the game from the soccer community and probably a lot more. A Canada USA game in Detroit will be a big draw for soccer players that are'nt active CMNT supporters and this could be a good way to get more momentum behind the team especially in Southern Ontario.

Good to hear. I'm really hoping Windsor responds well to this game. A world juniors style invasion may be a dream but I'd love to see it. Hopefully in the days leading up to the game the team will do some PR around the city to help gather the troops and convince them to rally around the team..

Good to hear. I'm really hoping Windsor responds well to this game. A world juniors style invasion may be a dream but I'd love to see it. Hopefully in the days leading up to the game the team will do some PR around the city to help gather the troops and convince them to rally around the team..

We could only hope the CSA would set aside some kind of marketing budget for this one, but I highly doubt it. I really do think it's going to come down to Jamie's plan to poster soccer centers and get in contact with soccer associations.

We perhaps need to come up with a full contact list and site identification list for all the buildings and people/associations we should be getting in contact with for future Nats games.

If the local media and newspapers pick up a few stories it could really get the game some momentum. People in Windsor really get up for Canada vs USA, with so much exposure to the US I feel like if we can get good publicity leading up to the game we can get a lot of people to watch/go to the game and that will really help support for the MNT. The bottom line is your average Canadian will always view the US as big sporting rivals, games like this in a border town can generate a lot of buzz. If we can get a result it could do wonders for exposure and support going forward, this could be a big opportunity for our program.

If we could get some interviews with our guys and focus on the game in the last gold cup, and even maybe get some quotes with stuff like "I really don't like the US team" we could really get this game in the spotlight and thats gonna be a good thing.

Feel free to pass along where to sit!

Archived