Canada-USA - Gold Cup 2011 - June 7 - 8PM - Ford Field - Detroit

Razcle

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am looking so much to this day in the Motor City, having booked a spot on the bus. It will be great to see all the Canadian supporters making the trek to the game, be loud, be proud. I have already jumped the gun and booked a bus ticket for the quarter-final in Washington on Mega Bus. It was a dirty cheap $8.00 return as I booked early. Leaving at 10 pm on the night of Saturday June 18 and coming back Monday night at 10:15 pm. Should be a good time as I am sure Canada will finish in the top 2 spots of group C.

• 2 months later...

Absolutely gutted but I can't make this game now. I've got 2 tickets in the supporters section if anyone is interested, I'm in NB so I'd need to send the tickets ASAP for them to get to someone in time. Let me know if anyone is interested, looking for face value or a good offer.

Edit: Sold

Recently, mostly in the last week or so, I have heard some radio commercials about the game on both Canadian and American networks. It's good to see 97.1 the Ticket, the big sports talk station around here, pushing the game as well. Hopefully, the local soccer community in Windsor can rally around this game, as it gets closer. I am hoping there are many last minute decisions to go over, as tickets will be available at the door also.

Absolutely gutted but I can't make this game now. I've got 2 tickets in the supporters section if anyone is interested, I'm in NB so I'd need to send the tickets ASAP for them to get to someone in time. Let me know if anyone is interested, looking for face value or a good offer.

PM'd !

Recently, mostly in the last week or so, I have heard some radio commercials about the game on both Canadian and American networks. It's good to see 97.1 the Ticket, the big sports talk station around here, pushing the game as well. Hopefully, the local soccer community in Windsor can rally around this game, as it gets closer. I am hoping there are many last minute decisions to go over, as tickets will be available at the door also.

The ticket is talking about it eh? I remember listening to them when I was a big Lions fan back in the day and that station was nearly 100% Lions with a bit of Pistons.. Good sign that they are breaking into that market...

Without trying to create any controversy or ruffle feathers, I bought tickets through the V's and was lucky enough to get tickets allocated in the first row of 118. Do I have to worry about getting there early to get my assigned seats? I planned on arriving for the second half of Panama-Guadeloupe so I could do some tailgating, but I also don't want to lose my front row seat

Without trying to create any controversy or ruffle feathers, I bought tickets through the V's and was lucky enough to get tickets allocated in the first row of 118. Do I have to worry about getting there early to get my assigned seats? I planned on arriving for the second half of Panama-Guadeloupe so I could do some tailgating, but I also don't want to lose my front row seat

V's sections are implied general admission, as everyone will be standing.

Just make your way to your preferred seats and I don't think anyone will mind.

maybe I missed it, but what are the plans for before the game ? I suspect most be will arriving on the buses from TO. Is there a place and time where all will get together ?

Elwood right across from Ford Field at 2 pm

i'm trying to work it out, (and bring my nephew with me), but it's looking like it's gonna have to be some of the cheaper tix, and then we'll try and move down into the V's section later.

It sucks that Shady Jack needs so much money to bribe people with!

what's that travelzoo code?

besides that, the cheapest you can gets seats in the supporters section in for $110 US a pop? wow.

What, seriously? Holy crap! CONCACAF has no concept of supply/demand. lol They already rigged the tournament for a MEX-USA final in the biggest stadium possible that's within a stone's throw from the Mexico border. So we have a guaranteed big pay day for Warner. Now why the need to screw fans for a group-stage match?

Archived