Canada-USA - Gold Cup 2011 - June 7 - 8PM - Ford Field - Detroit

Razcle

I'm gonna say we should try and hold off on tickets until we can confirm we have a block to move on as a group. You have to think we would hear something by tomorrow. I think the important thing is sitting together, and I worry about scattered seats if we all panic and buy early.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm gonna say we should try and hold off on tickets until we can confirm we have a block to move on as a group. You have to think we would hear something by tomorrow. I think the important thing is sitting together, and I worry about scattered seats if we all panic and buy early.

Yeah. I agree with this, there are 60,000 seats... I'm not worried about not being able to get a ticket if we don't buy tomorrow.

Okay I'm holding off and will wait until I see some group tickets here.

THIS. It ain't Lady Gaga, it's the Gold Cup. Tix aren't gonna sell out overnight.

There should be a thread that is somewhat recent (probably dated to last month) regarding Voyageurs scarfs. Search scarfs to see what comes up. Who is looking after the scarf stock at the moment? I should know this...

Oh and by the way, welcome to the Voyageurs. Things aren't usually as last minute planning as this Gold Cup is turning out to be. When they start selling tix a day after announcing the groups things get a bit hairy. Honestly, is CONCACAF that out of reality to think the supporters groups don't need a few days to get things organized. Sam's Army is having a ball right now trying to get their **** together, at least we aren't the only ones in the crazy planning boat...

I'm 100% in if we can get tix together, might be able to recruit a few other heads but definitely in for myself. Hopefully I can just come straight from Windsor on the tunnel bus, but if my residence changes to London I might need pickup along the highway in London if there's a convoy going down...

Waiting to hear back from the CSA

Please do not bombard the CSA with requests ala Voyageurs. This is not helpful. They are very responsive and we have already started planning for WCQ.

Going to put up a poll regarding a bus.

Waiting to hear back from the CSA

Please do not bombard the CSA with requests ala Voyageurs. This is not helpful. They are very responsive and we have already started planning for WCQ.

Going to put up a poll regarding a bus.

Noted. I won't continue harassing them. Worse comes to worse we could organize a group purchase on our own.

I don't expect many will make the trip to KC for the Panama match, but surely the double-header at Ford Field is a great chance to make an impression on Luis Moreno, the Panamanian defender who killed an owl in a league game in Colombia last week.

cheers,

matthew

Depending on the price and if I can score time off work I am very interested in going. I live here in Guelph and if there is a bus leaving BMO I would love for a Bus to pick me up maybe at Mohawk Race way or whatever. If there are fellow Voyaguers in the KW Cambridge Guelph Area hopefully we can work something out..

Depending on the price and if I can score time off work I am very interested in going. I live here in Guelph and if there is a bus leaving BMO I would love for a Bus to pick me up maybe at Mohawk Race way or whatever. If there are fellow Voyaguers in the KW Cambridge Guelph Area hopefully we can work something out..

I know of some folks in Guelph that are wanting to go and will be driving down. I am considering going myself, and will keep you posted.

BUS DETAILS

So the damage for the bus is a ballpark of 3200.00 TOTAL for a 55 person coach. Those doing the math know that it comes to roughly 60 dollars a person.

With tickets I'm imagining that we could have the whole thing done for 100 dollars. (guess). But I will not yet make the call that we will be collecting for BOTH.

The timing of the trip means we need to take an extra driver on the bus, therefore driving the cost up a bit, but it's still manageable, and put in perspective (and if memory serves) , 30 dollars cheaper than the trip to Columbus that Usector and RPB did.

The Departure time from Toronto would be 1pm to get there at 5pm.

The Departure time from Rock City / Motown / Hockeytown would be 10:30 to get back from 3ish.

(To leave Toronto for Detroit: 2 hours earlier the cost would be 65 dollars)

Questions?

Archived