Canada-USA - Gold Cup 2011 - June 7 - 8PM - Ford Field - Detroit

Razcle

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be in for this for sure. But I'd prefer to leave a little earlier so we will be there a little early for the first game.

We don't pay for healthcare :)

I'll look to see what the earliest we can leave would be. The problem is that a single bus driver can only legally log so many hours before a second driver has to be brought on (jacking up the price).

I would definitely be interested in heading to this one. If it's a bus trip from Toronto then why the hell not. I have to check to make sure I could get at least Tuesday and Wednesday off work, but hopefully that won't be a problem. Rudi, I don't want to put you out for a couple tix if I can't make it in the end, but could you hold on to two for sure for me?

Edit: It appears that it is $20 cheaper both ways if I fly in to Windsor on the Tuesday, arriving at 1:30 ET. There's no way that bus you guys are putting together could make a stop in Windsor, could you?

I also have a massive tifo idea I think needs to be done considering the city we'll be in and it's historical significance to the creation of our country and it's military independence (you see where I'm going with this). PM me and I'll throw the idea your way. We don't want any yanks that happen to be crawling the board to hear about this.

I'll look to see what the earliest we can leave would be. The problem is that a single bus driver can only legally log so many hours before a second driver has to be brought on (jacking up the price).

I don't think this trip would warrant that situation. It's less than 4 hours with a 4-5 hour break inbetween...

I also have a massive tifo idea I think needs to be done considering the city we'll be in and it's historical significance to the creation of our country and it's military independence (you see where I'm going with this). PM me and I'll throw the idea your way. We don't want any yanks that happen to be crawling the board to hear about this.

Does it involve Laura Secord chocolate?

Anyone making the trip from Montreal?

If the bus from Toronto works out then the best bet might be to drive down to Toronto and then bus it the rest of the way down.

I'd chip in for the gas bill if someone picked me up in Kingston along the way

Rudi, I don't want to put you out for a couple tix if I can't make it in the end, but could you hold on to two for sure for me?

I'm not even sure if I'll be involved in rounding up tickets (if I do the bus, that is), but I dopn't really have the means to hold places / tickets for anyone.

If I'm organizing a bus, everything will be done on a pay-in-advance system.

Possibly as I'll be coming from Ottawa. Depends on how many we have though, if there's 5 of us sorry, if it's more or less we should have room.

That would be great if that worked out. If I can't get a drive up its not the end of the world, I could probably swing it with a bus.

That would be great if that worked out. If I can't get a drive up its not the end of the world, I could probably swing it with a bus.

Sam, I haven't decided if I'm going to be driving or flying down to the game (assuming I can make it). If I'm driving, I'll let you know and can pick you up. Only thing is that regardless, I'll be overnighting it in Detroit or Windsor as I don't think I'd try and drive back same day.

This is going to be awesome, growing up in Windsor I can imagine the whole local soccer community going to this game. Although many of them, are'nt hardcore fans but I hope this game could help to get more people interested in the MNT. Alllez les rouge.

I live in Windsor. There will be plenty of parking downtown Detroit that night as the Tigers are not at home next door at Comerica. Lots of garages and pay lots with security around the stadium. For those of us in Windsor, I would recommend the tunnel bus from downtown. Short walk to stadium and it will be running before and after. First Canada game I will be attending in about a year and I look forward to meeting some of you.

Sam, I haven't decided if I'm going to be driving or flying down to the game (assuming I can make it). If I'm driving, I'll let you know and can pick you up. Only thing is that regardless, I'll be overnighting it in Detroit or Windsor as I don't think I'd try and drive back same day.

Thanks Alex. I could probably stay over the night as well if thats what's happening... we'll see.

Anyways ticketmaster just updated its site to say the cheapest tickets are now $20 ($29 with all the extras tacked on). And they confirm there is a group rate. Although no news on group prices... but these are on sale tomorrow. We should get on this ASAP.

Pre-sale (including group sales) starts tomorrow. General sale starts March 19.

Not promising anything, but I'm giving preliminary thought to a same-day bus from Toronto for ths match. It'll likely leave BMO Field around 1-1:30pm, possibly make a couple of stops in Mississauga/Oakville and Hamilton, and arrive in Detroit around 6pm. The bus would then depart for Toronto around 10:45-11:00pm, meaning it'll get back to BMO at roughly 3am.

I haven't looked into anything in regards to logistics and prices, but this bus would be open to everyone in the V's, U-Sector, RPB and NEE.

If I do this, how many would be seriously interested?

EDIT: Perhaps Califax and I should co-ordinate? :)

In principal I'm great with this but let's remember how long we got stuck at the USA border on our New England trip of last year. We were there for at least two hours. I'd push for a departure of between 11 am and noon just so we don't get burned.

Either way, I hope I can do this.

Okay so any ideas on sections? I'm guessing we want one end behind one of the goals and Sam's army will probably have the other end... problem is Guadeloupe and Panama play before so obviously people will want those seats we need to be on the ball here

Archived