Vancouver Whitecaps FC Roster Dance 2011

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see them using a roster spot on a domestic, particularly not Kevin Harmse. He talked a lot of smack when he came back to town with TFC and I'm a little surprised he's back at all. They signed Duckett and Wagner so they should have confidence that these guys can do the job. I'd like to see Rochat partner with Janicki, a have Wagner play LB.

The Whitecaps still only have 28 players under contract. They could sign Akloul and have a roster spot left open.

Duckett and Brovsky are here for 2012, not 2011 (at least, I hope so). Harmse can contribute now. I agree with the signing.

The Whitecaps still only have 28 players under contract. They could sign Akloul and have a roster spot left open.

Duckett and Brovsky are here for 2012, not 2011 (at least, I hope so). Harmse can contribute now. I agree with the signing.

Agreed, and I don't think ANYONE is in any position to question any of the Whitecaps moves until they start to fail. As far as I'm concerned I'm 100% behind this management and gonna trust there moves until there is reason not to.

while i think it is absolutely april fool's joking, I found it weird that bedoya's twitter said he was returning to MLS, not a specific team....and the rumour going around is that he is coming to the caps. There has to be something more here...

while i think it is absolutely april fool's joking, I found it weird that bedoya's twitter said he was returning to MLS, not a specific team....and the rumour going around is that he is coming to the caps. There has to be something more here...

Plus we do hold his brother's MLS rights still, I know we drafted him, but have not heard what we did with him after his in camp trial.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/04/15/manchester-united-midfielder-owen-**********-linked-with-mls-summer-move/

Linked to the MLS again this time in the summer and this time both TFC and VWFC are being mentioned.

Can't seem to get the link to work since it contains Owen's last name therefore it becomes removed from the link.

Injury prone Manchester United midfielder Owen ********** may be the subject of a move to the MLS with Canadian sides Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC apparently interested in signing the England international when his contract expires in the summer.

Sir Alex Ferguson is unlikely to offer the 30 year old Calgary born midfielder a new deal given the constant injury struggles the former Bayern Munich man has had over the past three years however ********** may be seen as the type of player, when fit, that can help hand added exposure to an MLS outfit as well as add top level experience.

In his first season at Old Trafford Owen ********** helped Man United to Premier League and Champions League success and made 34 appearances in all competitions but persistent knee injuries have led to the £17m signing making just one Premier League start since August 2008, that start lasting just ten minutes as he limped off after just ten minutes of a home match against Wolves last November.

It is not known whether ********** would be open to a move to North America but it seems that offers for his services in Europe may be sparse given his well documented injury concerns. The Man United man spent the first 16 years of his life living in Alberta before he left for Germany where he enjoyed seven seasons in the Bayern Munich first team, winning four Bundesliga titles and a Champions League triumph.

Injury prone Manchester United midfielder Owen ********** may be the subject of a move to the MLS with Canadian sides Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC apparently interested in signing the England international when his contract expires in the summer.

Sir Alex Ferguson is unlikely to offer the 30 year old Calgary born midfielder a new deal given the constant injury struggles the former Bayern Munich man has had over the past three years however ********** may be seen as the type of player, when fit, that can help hand added exposure to an MLS outfit as well as add top level experience.

In his first season at Old Trafford Owen ********** helped Man United to Premier League and Champions League success and made 34 appearances in all competitions but persistent knee injuries have led to the £17m signing making just one Premier League start since August 2008, that start lasting just ten minutes as he limped off after just ten minutes of a home match against Wolves last November.

It is not known whether ********** would be open to a move to North America but it seems that offers for his services in Europe may be sparse given his well documented injury concerns. The Man United man spent the first 16 years of his life living in Alberta before he left for Germany where he enjoyed seven seasons in the Bayern Munich first team, winning four Bundesliga titles and a Champions League triumph.

Too me it seems like soccer pundits overseas just don't understand that, Fans in Canada want NOTHING to do with Owen one bit, and these are rumours spun out of ignorance of the overseas pundits who just assume Canada would welcome him back with open arms, because of his tenure's with two of the biggest clubs in the world. Despite the fact Canadian fans are more than vocal about their distaste for **********.

Archived