Ukraine - Canada , October friendly

jonny63

As far as his club his fitness testing proved to be the best on the team from what i understand at Crotone, he was number one in fitness, speed, and height, so an imperssion he will make for sure as far as his Power. I hope your question is regarding his scoring touch. He has not lost that at all and it is what it is. Im just glad he is there and he get to see the pitch when ever Mr. Hart is ready to use him, the rest will be naturally normal for him.

In fact his persaonl trainer in Toronto has made commments that in his life he has never seen an alien till he met Uccello lolololololol

I sincerely hope he does well at this camp, makes it into the game and gets a goal. From what BigBird has written over the years Julian is a shining example of the type of attitude that all Canadian players should have. Work hard, wait for your chance, no complaints or excuses and have the ultimate desire to represent his country. If his talent is half as good as his attitude seems to be he will have a long and prosperous career on the CMNT.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have we had any news on how the camp is going yet via player interviews/ recounts???

David Monsalve, David Edgar and Marcus Haber are all on twitter, but they haven't said much that's interesting, other than

1. They have trained

2. It is cold

Not sure what they're complaining about though. Daily highs of 10-11 through Friday.

David Monsalve, David Edgar and Marcus Haber are all on twitter, but they haven't said much that's interesting, other than

1. They have trained

2. It is cold

Not sure what they're complaining about though. Daily highs of 10-11 through Friday.

If it's anything like Saskatchewan: the wind will be blowing very hard and that makes it much colder.

I don't understand how anyone on this board can have a guy who has had all of ONE good game for the nats, and who has not even been playing at his club lately, in their starting 11. I really hope Pacheco turns into the player some have hyped him as, but he has done nothing to be considered for a starting job. I'll even go out on a limb and say that our midfield in this game will be Bernier-Hutch-Nakajima, because those guys have been consistent MNT players over the last few years and few others on the roster are proven enough to take a starting spot from any of them. If Johnson or de Guzman were in the squad it would be a different story.

I don't understand how anyone on this board can have a guy who has had all of ONE good game for the nats, and who has not even been playing at his club lately, in their starting 11. I really hope Pacheco turns into the player some have hyped him as, but he has done nothing to be considered for a starting job. I'll even go out on a limb and say that our midfield in this game will be Bernier-Hutch-Nakajima, because those guys have been consistent MNT players over the last few years and few others on the roster are proven enough to take a starting spot from any of them. If Johnson or de Guzman were in the squad it would be a different story.

+1

Saviola and Scottie there are many players that never get to see the field at all in a game. It does not mean that they arent good. I can think of alot of players, that do play for their club as starters but yet they do not start for their mens team or reversed. I do not understand why you would pick on a specific player unless they are close to home for you which of course I could understand. LIke wise if they win this game say by a score of 5-0 does that mean that Johnson and De guzman should not be called next time... He may turn out to be the one that week that looks more prepared then others of the 22 and used if not he wont play, not every one is right or wrong thats why the carry 22 players to these camps. But I wish them all good Luck and hope they can bring home a 5-0 result.

I don't understand how anyone on this board can have a guy who has had all of ONE good game for the nats, and who has not even been playing at his club lately, in their starting 11.

I was half asleep while reading this and thought this post was about Paul Stalteri.

The difference is, Pacheco is younger with his better days ahead of him, I've been one who maintains it's time to move in another direction at RB, mainly because Diesel isn't getting playing time at his club! I've also stated that Edgar should start this game so, I guess I am being somewhat hypocritical! The difference is the age of these guys, I'll let Mr. Hrt make the call on that!

Says the guy who had pencilled in Hume at right mid in his first lineup...

I really doubt Pacheco is in game shape to start so I think the argument is probably moot. I would expect to see him play for 20 or 30 minutes in the 2nd half which should be good enough to at least see a bit more whether his form in the first game was a one-off or his typical level. Speaking of guys not in game shape, I really think Hart has to show he has some balls and not start Stalteri. At the very least until he is actually playing somewhere and can show better form than recently, Hart needs to show both the players and fans that if you aren't playing well, you don't play, regardless of what you have done for the team in the past.

I really doubt Pacheco is in game shape to start so I think the argument is probably moot. I would expect to see him play for 20 or 30 minutes in the 2nd half which should be good enough to at least see a bit more whether his form in the first game was a one-off or his typical level. Speaking of guys not in game shape, I really think Hart has to show he has some balls and not start Stalteri. At the very least until he is actually playing somewhere and can show better form than recently, Hart needs to show both the players and fans that if you aren't playing well, you don't play, regardless of what you have done for the team in the past.

Exactly, Pacheco hasn't played much this season so he might not be the best bet to start in the middle. But anyways, Hart has 3-4 training sessions to see what the players can do, so if Pacheco is in game shape and is offering better performances than his teammates, he'll start.

Agree about Stalteri and that would apply to JDG if he had been called.

Exactly, Pacheco hasn't played much this season so he might not be the best bet to start in the middle. But anyways, Hart has 3-4 training sessions to see what the players can do, so if Pacheco is in game shape and is offering better performances than his teammates, he'll start.

Agree about Stalteri and that would apply to JDG if he had been called.

I completely agree on starting Stalteri on the bench but Hart is going to use these reasons to start him...

1) back line lacks experience

2) he is our captain

3) most capped player on the team

I think its a shame if he starts but hey its Hart's team... I'd personally go with De Jong--Jakovic--Edgar--Straith as my backline

As Grizzly said, Hart really needs to show some balls by putting Stalteri on the bench

If that's where he's been playing at club level, that's where I'd like to see him.

He has been playing there at club level ... for about 3 weeks. He signed as a midfielder, played in half a dozen games as a midfielder, and now is covering for an injury at RB, largely because the club wanted to keep him in the lineup ... because he had done well as a midfielder. The drop-off from Hutchinson to the next best midfielder is too large for those talents to be wasted at RB, even if he might also be the best RB in this squad.

How's this:

Hirchsfield

Hutch Edgar Jakovich DeJong

Issy Bernier Simpson

Jackson OO Haber/Little Bird

Asking for a 5-0 thrashing...

Issey and Simpson are wingers, Haber and Uccello should both start on the bench fir this one. Playing Hutchinson anywhere but the centre of the park for this one is bad news

Asking for a 5-0 thrashing...

Issey and Simpson are wingers, Haber and Uccello should both start on the bench fir this one. Playing Hutchinson anywhere but the centre of the park for this one is bad news

Of course this 4-3-3 is just the starting formation and can be adapted to the 4-5-1 with OO as the lone striker as the game dictates! There are a couple of mids on the roster who I haven't seen enough of to start but Hart should hav a better idea! This gets back to yesterday's discussion about playing very defensively for a nil nil draw, anything else is a bonus! Bernier on the day can be a very good defensive/destroyer midfielder and to have some youth and size (Haber or Little Bird) in a more forward position is not the biggest risk you can take! Both these guys have some experience going against seasoned defenders!

I completely agree on starting Stalteri on the bench but Hart is going to use these reasons to start him...

1) back line lacks experience

2) he is our captain

3) most capped player on the team

I think its a shame if he starts but hey its Hart's team... I'd personally go with De Jong--Jakovic--Edgar--Straith as my backline

As Grizzly said, Hart really needs to show some balls by putting Stalteri on the bench

I agree 100%. I will be (pleasantly) shocked if Stalteri doesn't start, not that I want him to.

Archived