Ukraine - Canada , October friendly

jonny63

He does not have any chance in a full back position maybe thats why Hart did not invite him, I think he has had chance and has come up short no pun intented he has had his calls up he has failed in more cases. time to move on with someone else. WHy is it that we keep calling players that really do not deserve to be called.

WHo is this guy from montreal Quebec they called never heard of him where does he play and what level....

anyone know...

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He does not have any chance in a full back position maybe thats why Hart did not invite him, I think he has had chance and has come up short no pun intented he has had his calls up he has failed in more cases. time to move on with someone else. WHy is it that we keep calling players that really do not deserve to be called.

WHo is this guy from montreal Quebec they called never heard of him where does he play and what level....

anyone know...

Plays in Germany, 4th Division.

To be fair to Peeters he was called up at 17 and what we expected from him because of that was unfairly a little high. Over last season and this season he has been learning the right back position as hes played as a midfielder his whole llife, and has had high praise from Roy Keane lately. I definitely think he needs a chance playing at right back for us, and has'nt really had that in that position much. A pacy wingback who can take on opposition players and has skill and the wheels to get back on defense and generally patrol the flank can be an extremely dangerous weapon and allow your midfield to be more compact and allow midfielders to cut in and get closer to goal. I think its still going to be a year or two until he fully becomes comfortable in that role, but I still think he has a fairly high upside and lets be honest, no one has stepped up to claim that position yet.

Villus fair comment but keeping calling peter up while he is trying to find himself does not make any sence he should stay where he is and get better ok but not at the expence of the mens team. that is what i am saying and specially where there is other players that are better, just like this guy from Montreal quebec division 4 that is crazy man we will never have a team.

your only as good as the player next you and a guy in divison 4 how good can he possibly be this is a bad call up... and a waste of money if you tell me......

Villus fair comment but keeping calling peter up while he is trying to find himself does not make any sence he should stay where he is and get better ok but not at the expence of the mens team. that is what i am saying and specially where there is other players that are better, just like this guy from Montreal quebec division 4 that is crazy man we will never have a team.

your only as good as the player next you and a guy in divison 4 how good can he possibly be this is a bad call up... and a waste of money if you tell me......

i think Peters is better in a winger/midfield role than on defense, back when he was a mid he had some moves atleast thats what youtube showed me ;)

You really should have some knowledge about the players before commenting on whether they deserve a call up or not. Peeters had a couple of disappointing years but started to turn his career around last year and establish himself as a steady Championship player. He has been strong so far this year and anyone who is a decent Championship player is as good as or better than many of our players and should be called to the team especially if he is only 23. I have no idea why he wasn't selected this time though.

Jonathan Beaulieu-Bourgault is only 22 and has played in the 2nd Bundesliga with St. Pauli even if he didn't get very much game time. He is now playing with one of the best 4th division teams in Germany which has a good chance to promote this year. I imagine after not playing so much in the 2nd BL that he wanted to make sure that he was playing a lot this year. He is a talented player and the type of player we need to have in the pool as a depth player. He is also able to play in several positions. I would be surprised if he starts the match and it is quite possible he won't even play in the game but it is necessary to get players like this involved with the team in case we need them at some point when WCQ starts.

The Peters absence is weird, just like it was when he skipped the Venezuela game without explanation. I wouldn't be surprised if he asked to be left out of the squad for this one, as we know Friend did and as Klukowski must be as well (how come nobody's talking about him, BTW?). Hume needs some time to settle in and, before the Preston move, wasn't looking to be cracking our starting line-up anyways. Looks promising for Greece, though.

The question, then, is should Hart allow top 20 players to skip rare opportunities for the MNT to get together, on FIFA mandated dates no less?

God, are we ever thin (particularly at DM) when a guy like Ledgerwood can drop down a division, not make the squad for weeks on end, and then be rewarded with a call-up to his national team. But who would you call in his place, especially out of Europe?

SH wants to see the players that he doesn't regularly see. You know there is the main group on the team, but he wants to see how JBB has progressed, Hart saw Peters last month and I wasn't surprised that Jaime didn't get the call-up. Though out of position, he hadn't a great game to force Hart to call him up again. Friendlies are occasions to see players that the manager wouldn't normally see.

SH wants to see the players that he doesn't regularly see. You know there is the main group on the team, but he wants to see how JBB has progressed, Hart saw Peters last month and I wasn't surprised that Jaime didn't get the call-up. Though out of position, he hadn't a great game to force Hart to call him up again. Friendlies are occasions to see players that the manager wouldn't normally see.

It would have been nice to see him at RB but this way it gives him more time to learn the position before he has his audition for the spot

Getting away from soccer for a second it's probably just fear mongering, but both the Canadian and US Governments have issued travel alerts to Europe.

http://www.canada.com/news/Canada+cautions+travellers+terror+warnings+issued+Europe/3617189/story.html

It is quite fitting that you posted this gwallace since the guy on your avatar is organizing the Keep the Fear Alive march in Washington DC: http://www.keepfearalive.com :)

Have we confirmed who will actually be in Kyiv for the match? Glad I brought my V's scarf as it's gonna be a bit chilly I think come game time.

Will be ariving in Kyiv Thursday 11am for those attending.

I'm going to be there doing our usual guerilla-media thing for RedNation. I get into Kyiv at 3PM on Wednesday. I'm typically quite busy after the game with the interviews, editing and uploading - but I would be well up for having a drink with the Canadian contingent pre-match or at some other point during the week.

For anybody who is going to be in Kyiv feel free to shoot me an e-mail and maybe we can make some plans: max.bell@ymail.com

Cheers,

MB

I'd like to see Hart continue with the 4-3-3. It seems to be his favourite formation with this team at the moment and its flexible which allows for a few different adaptations based on the opponent. So I'd like to see Hart start with something like this:

------------------Hirschfeld----------------------

----Straith----Jakovic----Edgar---De Jong-----

--------Pacheco--Hutchinson--Bernier-------

-----Jackson-----Ucello----Simpson----------

If World Cup Qualifying really only a year a way we need to start getting some consistency in our starting XI.

^I think Ucello will have to make one hell of an impression during training to be leading the line in the attack. I wonder if SH will opt to use Jackson in the centre, with the experienced Nakajima-Farran on the flank? Or will OO be in the central position with Jackson and Simpson retaining their flank roles?

^I think Ucello will have to make one hell of an impression during training to be leading the line in the attack. I wonder if SH will opt to use Jackson in the centre, with the experienced Nakajima-Farran on the flank? Or will OO be in the central position with Jackson and Simpson retaining their flank roles?

As far as his club his fitness testing proved to be the best on the team from what i understand at Crotone, he was number one in fitness, speed, and height, so an imperssion he will make for sure as far as his Power. I hope your question is regarding his scoring touch. He has not lost that at all and it is what it is. Im just glad he is there and he get to see the pitch when ever Mr. Hart is ready to use him, the rest will be naturally normal for him.

In fact his persaonl trainer in Toronto has made commments that in his life he has never seen an alien till he met Uccello lolololololol

As far as his club his fitness testing proved to be the best on the team from what i understand at Crotone, he was number one in fitness, speed, and height, so an imperssion he will make for sure as far as his Power. I hope your question is regarding his scoring touch. He has not lost that at all and it is what it is. Im just glad he is there and he get to see the pitch when ever Mr. Hart is ready to use him, the rest will be naturally normal for him.

In fact his persaonl trainer in Toronto has made commments that in his life he has never seen an alien till he met Uccello lolololololol

How tall is Julian, btw?? Wikipedia says he is 175 cm while goal.com has him at 180 cm. He's 24 this month, right?

Archived