Montreal Impact - Santos Laguna [R]

Grande is the man. The defense is competent at playing the ball out of trouble (I'm actually quite a bit more impressed with their tackling) but even Braz looks to make the short pass to Grande, who always does the right thing, instead of thumping it 50 yards up the field, into the 10th row.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Montreal 1-nil, wow.

The crowd at Olympic Stadium, wow. I'm impressed.

The turf at Olympic Stadium, wow. It's crap.

Santos Laguna's defending, wow. It's also crap.

Is it just me or does Montreal look like they're growing in confidence with every kick of the ball?

And, I think the Impact can thank their lucky stars for the ref'ing crew. A favourable selection me-thinks.

The turf looks bad, but I don't think it has affected the game as negatively as bad turf at Saputo did vs Honduras.

quote:Originally posted by I_AM_CANADIAN

One of the greatest days in Canadian football history. 55,000 see a CANADIAN club convincingly defeat a Mexican power. Wow.

I absolutely agree! I think this game will be a real turning point for Canadian club soccer, and by extension Canadian soccer in general. I just hope that Montreal makes it to the semis as that will have Montreals clamouring for tickets, and I think that game will sell out in days.

This has also ramped up the importance of the coming Voyageurs' Cup series. You can't tell me that the TFC folks aren't thinking "damn, we could have put 50,000+ into Skydome.

What a great night to be a fan of Canadian soccer.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

Well done Montreal Impact, you were the better team today without doubt. Good luck next Thursday.

OI!

Your doctor know you're watching this match?!

Have to say I agree with JDV and Reed, if Sabrango doesn't score all the goals in a 2-nil match Joqueviel gets MOTM. He was a monster out there.

Rust or no rust, I think Montreal continues to surprise everyone they draw against with their tactical maturity. The discipline and smarts.

This team has their head around the ball. No doubt about it. When they're in-season I can only imagine.

HA! Gotta order a shirt while their still in stock!

P.S. Montreal. What can you say? Well done.

Archived