Montreal Impact - Santos Laguna [R]

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Trident

And I hope you enjoy the offseason.

Why do these threads always devolve?

I'm sure responding to six-day-old posts in a thread that seemed to had run its course have nothing to do with it.

Service charges for every ticket are $4.75 with Admission.com and $3.00 with the Montreal Impact office (and I think with the Olympic stadium). Admission.com has another service charge of at least $4.00 to acquire the tickets, even if you pick up the tickets yourself. I hate these charges and on $10 tickets it can quickly add up.

Parking is not presold and will cost $12 in the Olympic stadium underground parking.

Yeah I was quite surprised with how expensive the ticket I got became after Admission added on all their service charges. So you're telling me that had I got the ticket through the Impact office it would have been cheaper???! I'm not overly heartbroken as I'm sure the game will be worth every penny of the plane tickets and Admission's money-making service charges. Why on earth didn't the Impact just go with Ticketbastard? (and I know that Admission is a Ticketbastard company)

quote:Originally posted by MTLcanada514

So i'm gonna be on vacation in Cancun the night of the game so i was wondering if anyone knows if ESPN is going to show the game because i def dont wanna miss this!

SHALALALAAAAA IMPACT FC

Surely a Mexican station will be carrying a match featuring a Mexican team.

quote:Originally posted by Tuscan

Why on earth didn't the Impact just go with Ticketbastard? (and I know that Admission is a Ticketbastard company)

Ticketmaster is getting out of hand. I just picked up two concert tickets. $50 for tickets, $24.50 in service charges, and that was with the free will call.

• 2 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by Daniel

20$ in tickets, 38$ total!

Interesting that Santos Laguna is owned by the Corona Brewery .. and the Canadian headquarters are in Canacermex Corona Inc. in 7500 COTE-DE-LIESSE CH SAINT-LAURENT, Quebec H4T 1E7, now the 64,000 dollar question will the serve Corona or cause Bleu ?

Preparation goes across the ocean.

THE IMPACT CONTINUES ITS CAMP IN ITALY

PRESS RELEASE: January 30, 2009

MONTREAL – After training four weeks in Montreal, the Impact will continue its winter preparation in Florence, where the team will stay for the next two weeks. The Impact will fly to Italy Saturday afternoon and will be back in Montreal, February 13.

During this trip, the Impact should play four exhibition games. The Impact should face AC Pistoiese (Serie C1), February 5, VF Colligiana (Serie C2), February 7, USD Fiesole Caldine (Division Eccellenza), February 10, and Prato AC (Serie C2), February 12. The Impact is also in discussions with Pisa (Serie B) and a first division Romanian team.

“This trip is excellent preparation for our Champions League quarterfinal,” said Impact technical director Nick De Santis. “We will have the opportunity to face teams that are in midseason with players who are physically and tactically prepared. Moreover, the current weather in Italy is ideal for training and outdoor matches.”

A total of 22 players will be travelling to Italy, including two players in trying out from the Trois Rivières Attak, the Montreal Impact reserve team: forward Pierre-Rudolph Mayard and defender Mike Vitulano.

In January 2008, the Montreal club had also done a pre-season tour in Italy. The Impact had tied 0-0 against Arezzo (Serie C1), lost 1-0 against Frosinone (Serie B) and tied 1-1 against Cassino (Serie C2).

Note that the Impact is currently training for the CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinal series against Mexican club Santos Laguna. The game in Montreal will be played February 25 at Olympic Stadium.

More than 20,000 tickets have already been sold for this historic game. Several excellent tickets are still available through Admission (514-790-1245 / 1-800-361-4595 / admission.com), as well as at the ticket offices of Olympic Stadium and Saputo Stadium.

IMPACT LINEUP IN ITALY

20 - BIELLO, Mauro - M

3 - BRAZ, Adam - D

21 - BRILLANT, Félix - M

10 - BROWN, Roberto - F

23 - DEROUX, Stephen - M

18 - DI LORENZO, Leonardo - M

22 - DJEKANOVIC, Srdjan - GK

14 - DONATELLI, Tony - M

24 - GATTI, Simon - D-M

17 - GJERTSEN, Joey - M-F

8 - GRANDE, Sandro - M