Montreal Impact - Santos Laguna [R]

quote:Originally posted by devioustrevor

The reporters were fools. I was looking around some betting websites and they were all giving Montreal the advantage. I put $200 down on Montreal at +120. I think I might buy a Wii with my winnings.

Yeah the sports books usually have a pretty good idea of what the outcome should be.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from the match. Must say that even as a TFC supporter, that was really well done by the Impact. Lots of local support and even the Mexicans around me were drowned out. One thing though was that watching the game from about 12 rows up, the pitch didn't seem that bad. But will watch it on tv if I can stay up to see if it was as bad as people think. How can Montreal not get an MLS team after that.

quote:Originally posted by JamboAl

Just got back from the match. Must say that even as a TFC supporter, that was really well done by the Impact. Lots of local support and even the Mexicans around me were drowned out. One thing though was that watching the game from about 12 rows up, the pitch didn't seem that bad. But will watch it on tv if I can stay up to see if it was as bad as people think. How can Montreal not get an MLS team after that.

It played a lot differently than the turf at BMO. Slower surface with softer bounces but a lot more sticky and weird changes of direction on bounces.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

HA! Gotta order a shirt while their still in stock!

Ha, I'm wearing a vintage Montreal Impact jersey from the

A-League days. (Not bad, considering we're in Winnipeg.)

Great match, pretty good officiating crew, awesome crowd!

Good finishing by Sebrango, solid defending by Joqueviel.

quote:Originally posted by time_for_2010

Check this out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9lD153FUQs

WOW

Somehow, you just know, that if that's a Canada game Sebrango's second gets called back for a "foul" on the defender.

My God I wish we had our own CFL-sized league so that we could see images like that every year in this country. Honestly, at this point I half look at the MLS season as an exhibition schedule and the while the "real" season takes place in the NCC.

Just got back from the game. My voice is hoarse and nose is runny. But I don't care, because I've just witness history tonight. When people look back on this night many years from now and talk about this game, I can say to each and every one of them that I was there. And the people, oh the people. They were in fine form tonight, especially the the UM02. I hope their ranks triple after tonight.

quote:Originally posted by rodfern2007

Just got back from the game. My voice is hoarse and nose is runny. But I don't care, because I've just witness history tonight. When people look back on this night many years from now and talk about this game, I can say to each and every one of them that I was there. And the people, oh the people. They were in fine form tonight, especially the the UM02. I hope their ranks triple after tonight.

At Saputo as well as tonight I like to watch from along the sidelines.... normally it is a lonely thing to sing with the Ultras.... not tonight..... the songs were spreading like wildfire around the Stadium.... fantastic....

I stood in the ultras section for the first half, security wouldn't let me back in for the second so I went to my seat which was to the left of the section (110). It was awesome to hear the ultras and even the regular crowd singing/chanting/cheering really loud. It was way louder than the Bell Centre.

quote:Originally posted by rodfern2007

Just got back from the game. My voice is hoarse and nose is runny. But I don't care, because I've just witness history tonight. When people look back on this night many years from now and talk about this game, I can say to each and every one of them that I was there.

Ah HA ha!

When the lads went down to Montreal Town

I-was-there

I-was-there

We burnt the fu'king place to the ground.

If the cops come asking I-wasn't-there.....

quote:Originally posted by Alex

Anybody see the first goal?? I think it was the SL defender that put it in not sebrango. Somebody pointed that out earlier

I can see why it might look that way, but i'd be 95% sure Sebrango put it in looking at the replay. The defender kind of sticks his leg in but there is no way the ball comes off like that if he made contact. Sebrango got a good hit on it and it was a perfect shot.

Just got back home...

What a game!!! Barely any Mexican support and a SEA OF BLUE...It was beautiful!!

It was funny to see at the end of warm-up when we were chanting "culeros" at the Santos players how smug and arrogant they looked, laughing and stuff...Wow, you guys should have seen the look on their faces after the first half and especially at the end of the game, looking at the floor in frustration....

Archived