Montreal Impact - Santos Laguna [R]

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by mtl-supporter23

You're pissing off everyone here man! I've never seen a so called "supporter" sh*t on his own club so much. Why don't you take some pride into the people who made the Impact what it is today, instead of a constant dump parade on upper management.

I guess you've never met a leaf fan.

quote:Originally posted by kodiakTFC

I guess you've never met a leaf fan.

What was that song we sang at BMO last July?

Oh yeah!

1967!!!1967!!!!1967!!!!1967!!!!!City of Losers!!!!:D

(For those that don't know that was the last year TFC's owner's hockey team won the cup and the same year that Mr. Impact was subjected to the CIA's Montreal LSD experiments). Apparently the CIA experiments were more successful than the endeavors of the Leafs in meantime as one can ascertain from the non-hallucinogenic comments from Mr. Impact.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Oh yeah!

I'm pretty sure Toronto's pro sports team championship slump is five months shorter than Montreal's...(two years if you count the CFL).

As for the Leafs v Habs...Habs fans pretty much became Leafs fans somewhere between the rioting after the first-round playoff win against Boston and voting four of six starters to the all-star game this year. There was a time when Montreal hockey fans took a higher road than us T.O. bumpkins, but it ain't now.

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

I'm pretty sure Toronto's pro sports team championship slump is five months shorter than Montreal's...(two years if you count the CFL).

As for the Leafs v Habs...Habs fans pretty much became Leafs fans somewhere between the rioting after the first-round playoff win against Boston and voting four of six starters to the all-star game this year. There was a time when Montreal hockey fans took a higher road than us T.O. bumpkins, but it ain't now.

:D.....

Oh yeah!

You're proud of chanting about hockey at a soccer game?

Did the geniuses behind the ultra-witty "We Hate Toronto" banner come up with that one?

Come on Rudi, get some soccer culture. In Europe many clubs have teams in several sports and the fans and rivalries are the same regardless of the sport. The Leafs and TFC are also owned by the same company, thus it is perfectly legit to criticize the two together. You should travel a bit Rudi and open your horizons. Too bad you are not an Impact fan because then you could travel to other countries like Mexico and Honduras and see how things are in the rest of the world. Oh I am sorry, you are a world traveller, you have been to Columbus!

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Did the geniuses behind the ultra-witty "We Hate Toronto" banner come up with that one?

You had to be there to understand.

It went like this:

TOR : This is our house!

MTL : Go Lynx Go!

TOR : Let's go Expos!

MTL : 1967!

TOR : ...

It was all in good fun, nothing more than that. And it lasted for what? 25 seconds all in all?

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

That's true. This is how the chant went in 2008:

We all hate Toronto

We all hate Toronto

We all hate Toronto

We all hate Toronto

32 years, fcuk all!

32 years, fcuk all!

32 years, fcuk all!

32 years, fcuk all!

Now you could modify that for hockey in 2009, and change 32 to 42. But I think changing it to 33 works too, and is then sport appropriate. Just my 2 cents.

Actually, the beauty is you can just keep going until at least 36. 37 sounds a bit weird. Here's a schedule for future V Cups:

2009 - 33 years, fcuk all!

2010 - 34 years, fcuk all!

2011 - 35 years, fcuk all!

2012 - 36 years, fcuk all!

Come on Rudi, get some soccer culture. In Europe many clubs have teams in several sports and the fans and rivalries are the same regardless of the sport. The Leafs and TFC are also owned by the same company, thus it is perfectly legit to criticize the two together. You should travel a bit Rudi and open your horizons. Too bad you are not an Impact fan because then you could travel to other countries like Mexico and Honduras and see how things are in the rest of the world. Oh I am sorry, you are a world traveller, you have been to Columbus!

Oh please, what a ridiculously pompous response, even for you. You claim to know where I've travelled based on what team I support?

EDIT: You know what? It's not worth it. Enjoy the Mexican support at the Big O.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

That's true. This is how the chant went in 2008:

We all hate Toronto

We all hate Toronto

We all hate Toronto

We all hate Toronto

32 years, fcuk all!

32 years, fcuk all!

32 years, fcuk all!

32 years, fcuk all!

Now you could modify that for hockey in 2009, and change 32 to 42. But I think changing it to 33 works too, and is then sport appropriate. Just my 2 cents.

Actually, the beauty is you can just keep going until at least 36. 37 sounds a bit weird. Here's a schedule for future V Cups:

2009 - 33 years, fcuk all!

2010 - 34 years, fcuk all!

2011 - 35 years, fcuk all!

2012 - 36 years, fcuk all!

United has a similar song for City, with the exact same year (its now 33 years since they've won a trophy). Coincidence?

quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

United has a similar song for City, with the exact same year (its now 33 years since they've won a trophy). Coincidence?

Yes, but United fans still have no soul.

(what's that? Oh, yeah...this is a Canadian board. Sorry, my mistake. carry on. I won't even post this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpBXCmu0jtE )

Archived