Argentina Ticket Count (poll closed)

How many people are you bringing to Atlanta?

This is an unprecedented game.   SUM, the company organizing COPA, is requesting an accurate number of expected sales.  This is an important issue due to section splitting and security concerns. There is the added concern that if we overestimate what we need it could hurt us in the future for securing tickets.  Initial indications are that tickets will be over USD 250 (so you are aware).

When answering the poll please coordinate with others in your group to NOT duplicate the numbers.

To answer this poll you should have a reasonable level of confidence that you will be actually going.  

https://www.thevoyageurs.org/forums/topic/35308-need-accurate-travel-info-for-people-going-to-atlanta-vs-argentina/#comment-714165

NOTE: only paid Voyageurs members can access this site.

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Behind one of the goals but don’t know which one.

This actually affects my decision.  If it were up in the rafters I would be much less likely to go at that expected price

Edited by spinrack

It should not be up in the rafters because I don’t think there are any tickets that were blocked off up there.  I’m 98% sure it’s in behind the goal because those were the only two not available for general sale.

7 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

@JamboAl is there a deadline by which you need to know numbers?

We are going to be giving the numbers by the end of the day but will be putting in an additional buffer.  But just because we ask for it, doesn’t mean we will get that number.

38 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Then you definitely don’t want to know what 2026 is going to look like.

People are going to spend almost as much in 2026 as people who went to Qatar for 2 weeks (and many of us got to watch lots of games).

Indeed. Those Toronto match prices are going to look like Leafs playoff resales. I've already come to terms with being unable to afford tickets at BMO and will likely have to settle for a watch party somewhere - hopefully not Yonge-Dundas 😛

38 minutes ago, Mihairokov said:

Indeed. Those Toronto match prices are going to look like Leafs playoff resales. I've already come to terms with being unable to afford tickets at BMO and will likely have to settle for a watch party somewhere - hopefully not Yonge-Dundas 😛

I've already made peace with the fact that the only World Cup game I will see on Toronto may be some game with random teams like New Zealand v Angola

You're severely underestimating the Angolan and Kiwi diasporas in Toronto!! 😛

But in all seriousness it really depends on what countries end up playing in Toronto which will determine the demand. All the matches will have insane demand but if there are specific countries with big diasporas it will be game over: Italy, Portugal, Brazil, Korea, China... 😛

My personal thought is that 2026 will not be like previous WCs when it comes to pricing.  FIFA (and CONMEBOL) know that the North American market is much more used to paying a higher price than elsewhere. 
For example, the Voyageurs section for the Nations League finals in Vegas last year were the cheapest in the stadium.  They were still over $140 US each.  And the face value for Cat 1 tickets for the Argentina game are in the US $700-1,000 range.

So a $35-40 ticket for a home game at BMO or BC Place isn’t that bad after all.

21 minutes ago, Mihairokov said:

You're severely underestimating the Angolan and Kiwi diasporas in Toronto!! 😛

But in all seriousness it really depends on what countries end up playing in Toronto which will determine the demand. All the matches will have insane demand but if there are specific countries with big diasporas it will be game over: Italy, Portugal, Brazil, Korea, China... 😛

Toronto has the smallest stadium in the World Cup. It will get the least glamorous games 

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Toronto has the smallest stadium in the World Cup. It will get the least glamorous games 

I'd counter this by saying that Toronto would be one of the better cities for countries to play in and out of, and so that will offset some of the stadium deficiencies in comparison. I think I know the answer if teams have the option of playing in Toronto or Kansas City or Guadalajara.

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Then you definitely don’t want to know what 2026 is going to look like.

People are going to spend almost as much in 2026 as people who went to Qatar for 2 weeks (and many of us got to watch lots of games).

Haha seriously.  Was saying the cost of going to Vancouver for two games and staying out there will likely be close to what I spent for my two weeks in Qatar.

Edited by Ottawafan

I have no illusions about getting tickets to watch Canada at BC Place in '26. However, I will be going home for a few weeks to visit family and to enjoy the atmosphere of the event in my city. Watching Canada play at a home world cup with my brother, all my cousins, and my oldest mates, with whom I've suffered so much over my 5 decades on earth will be enough for me. If I manage to pick up tickets to any of the other local matches, or even in Seattle or SF, that's just going to be a bonus.

I went home for 2 weeks during the '10 Olympics. I went to a couple of lesser pool matches in the hockey tournament, but wasn't able to get a ticket for any other events. But, I had an absolute blast just kicking about downtown most evenings. I'm confident that the WC will be similarly brilliant.

16 hours ago, JamboAl said:

My personal thought is that 2026 will not be like previous WCs when it comes to pricing.  FIFA (and CONMEBOL) know that the North American market is much more used to paying a higher price than elsewhere. 
For example, the Voyageurs section for the Nations League finals in Vegas last year were the cheapest in the stadium.  They were still over $140 US each.  And the face value for Cat 1 tickets for the Argentina game are in the US $700-1,000 range.

So a $35-40 ticket for a home game at BMO or BC Place isn’t that bad after all.

That’s pretty brutal if true. Although I agree that North American pricing is obviously getting out of control, I was hoping FIFA would be keeping the prices reasonably close to previous editions. They certainly could make the prices damn near whatever they want and still sell out most matches though. As you’ve mentioned, prices of tickets have seemed to increase exponentially to events in the last few years.

3 hours ago, archer21 said:

That’s pretty brutal if true. Although I agree that North American pricing is obviously getting out of control, I was hoping FIFA would be keeping the prices reasonably close to previous editions. They certainly could make the prices damn near whatever they want and still sell out most matches though. As you’ve mentioned, prices of tickets have seemed to increase exponentially to events in the last few years.

Was talking to a guy from Manchester earlier this week who was going to the CL game and was paying 60 pounds for a ticket. Imagine their reaction when they see prices around $400US for a crap seat. 

The $400 for a crap seat is based on so many people trying to make money off an event rather then having actual interest in the event. I think even though it's high the Voyageurs ticket prices are not terrible just based on the location being so good and the magnitude of the even. Just go to Chile or Peru if the Argentina price is too high. As far as crap tickets I've noticed prices going down and I suspect 3rd tier prices will drop a bit more before kickoff

2 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

The $400 for a crap seat is based on so many people trying to make money off an event rather then having actual interest in the event. I think even though it's high the Voyageurs ticket prices are not terrible just based on the location being so good and the magnitude of the even. Just go to Chile or Peru if the Argentina price is too high. As far as crap tickets I've noticed prices going down and I suspect 3rd tier prices will drop a bit more before kickoff

This swift-like excess in North America this season is due to  the Argentina and Messi effect and not something sustainable for the whole tournament.  Unless they want empty seats.  Which leads to the question of how much dynamic pricing will be in effect for semi finals and finals and how it all collapses when Canada pulls a Gold Cup 2000 level upset ! 

my Argentinian neighbors dad is flying in just for the first match - and his dad is not even a huge fan 

• JamboAl changed the title to Argentina Ticket Count (poll closed)
  • JamboAl unpinned this topic