Pacific FC - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading the posts about Starlight v Royal Athletic, and I'm confused.  Perhaps a local can tell me where I'm going wrong.  

I've never lived on the island, but I've been to Victoria approximately 3 million times.  From what I remember, to get to Royal Athletic Park from the ferry, I'd just drive straight down the Pat Bay Highway, left at Caledonia, and Bob's your uncle.  To get to Starlight, even if I turn off and go around The Gorge (?) to avoid downtown, I'd still have to get through View Royal and whatever else is over there, and then find the ground.   I thought I'd try my hand at technology, and Mr. Google says that from the ferry, getting to Royal Athletic takes half the time that getting to Starlight does.  Once you get there, parking is definitely easier at Starlight, though.

Another question:  How are things with the north side of the ground these days?

Thank you

From the ferry to get to Starlight, get off the Pat Bay at Mackenzie which connects to the Island Hwy (#1). Go past Langford and take the Leigh Rd exit south which comes out right at the stadium. Parking is better than RAP currently but still not super. Stadium parking fills up fast. Belmont HS up the hill is usually a good bet but for busy games even that fills up. 

Not clear on the current status of the north stands. I think the new Langford council put the brakes on. There is one set of temporary bleachers, a beer garden and scissor lifts for the cameras now that the hydro pole is gone. 

8 hours ago, vancanman said:

I was reading the posts about Starlight v Royal Athletic, and I'm confused.  Perhaps a local can tell me where I'm going wrong.  

I've never lived on the island, but I've been to Victoria approximately 3 million times.  From what I remember, to get to Royal Athletic Park from the ferry, I'd just drive straight down the Pat Bay Highway, left at Caledonia, and Bob's your uncle.  To get to Starlight, even if I turn off and go around The Gorge (?) to avoid downtown, I'd still have to get through View Royal and whatever else is over there, and then find the ground.   I thought I'd try my hand at technology, and Mr. Google says that from the ferry, getting to Royal Athletic takes half the time that getting to Starlight does.  Once you get there, parking is definitely easier at Starlight, though.

Thank you

Was easy to get from the ferry terminal to Starlight last time I came over, and free parking on a sidestreet a block or so away was readily available also.

12 hours ago, vancanman said:

Thank you

Neither are complicated to drive to. Starlight is mostly highway driving. Without traffic, I imagine they're quite similar in terms of travel time from the ferry during most times of the day. RAP currently has far better transportation options and is within walking distance for more people and things, but its a bit of a nightmare to drive to and from during events. It took us about 45 minutes to travel a block from the stadium after the Jimmy Carr show last summer. Neither stadium is very well positioned to accommodate 14,000 people to be perfectly honest 

48 minutes ago, nolando said:

I know a lot of these exits were predicted or expected but if I'm a Pacific fan I'm starting to get a little jealous of what most of the other CPL clubs seem to be doing off season.

Yeah, I'm hopefully we have some impact signings that just haven't been announced yet. A lot of key players out the door so far