Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - 1st Round - York United v Vancouver FC - April 19, 2023

Game is at 8pm ET (5pm PT) on One Soccer and Fubo.

This is the 1st ever meeting between these 2 clubs. It is also VFC`s 2nd ever match.

York United lost 2-0 to Valour at home on the weekend and VFC lost away to Pacific 1-0.

The winner of this match will face the Vancouver Whitecaps in the Quarter Finals.

So a very interesting storyline here. If Vancouver win they travel to BC Place to play the Whitecaps only a few days after their debut in Langley?

That's going to be a bit awkward. Will there be an away section for Vancouver fc supporters? For long time Whitecaps supporters if they go to the game to support Vancouver fc wearing their gear will it be a bit like coming out of the closet to your friends and family? It would be strange atmosphere 

Of course I've now jinxed it all anyways 

1 minute ago, SpursFlu said:

So a very interesting storyline here. If Vancouver win they travel to BC Place to play the Whitecaps only a few days after their debut in Langley?

That's going to be a bit awkward. Will there be an away section for Vancouver fc supporters? For long time Whitecaps supporters if they go to the game to support Vancouver fc wearing their gear will it be a bit like coming out of the closet to your friends and family? It would be strange atmosphere 

Of course I've now jinxed it all anyways 

I think Vancouver FC would host 

2 hours ago, masster said:

I think Vancouver would host. So York...please lose for the overall good of Canadian soccer.

Ok I might have got that backwards. I personally think the Whitecaps want Vancouver fc and to a lesser degree Pacific coming to BC Place like they want a hole in their head

I personally haven't publicly revealed my affair and I wasn't expecting to be forced so quickly to publicly reveal to the Whitecaps and the supporters that they just aren't satisfying my needs anymore. I mean what's a guy to do? 

Edited by SpursFlu