Match Thread: CONCACAF Champions League - Round of 16 - Leg 2: CF Montreal v Santos Laguna (Mexico) - February 23, 2022

Montreal looks good. Their opponent does not. The turf isn't great, but the surface plays truer than Edmonton and Hamilton did in their qualifiers. I know Choiniere is highly rated but I'd never been that impressed in the games of his I've seen. Maybe I've picked the wrong ones, looks real solid tonight. Santos Laguna's best hope may be to keep lumping balls forward to their big centre forward, who is causing trouble for Waterman and Camacho. Otherwise they haven't created much.

Edited by jonovision

11 hours ago, Acid-Tone said:

Concacaf reffing in full effect!  

How did they both get a card?  Miller didn't even get to toss anyone to the ground...

It really looked like the ref was scared of giving a card to Santos Laguna without also giving one to Montreal. It didn't work the other way around though.

Most dominant performance for sure. TFC took out a very good Tigres side in 2018, whereas Santos are not playing very well right now, so not sure which I'd say is better. Whatever the case, that was a great result for CF Montreal, and fun to watch.