Cavalry - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Ethan Keen is a player who has been in camp with Cavalry down in Mexico.

19 year old Calgary-local defender from Mount Royal University who was selected in the second round of the 2021 USPORTS draft. He was in preseason with the club last season but had a hamstring injury that held him out of the Winnipeg bubble. 

According to the roster, Cavalry has 22 players currently signed but if Keen is signed to a developmental contract I don’t think he counts to that limit anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

They are washing it over, but it is not Cavalry's fault. It is his.

He has literally played three of the last 14 months. He took a long time to get his papers together to sign for Getafe, played from Feb to part of May as a u-19. Then his eligibility was up, and what you do is look for another team. Seriously. But he has been dormant, has not played a competitive match in almost a year. 

I blame his agent, and also his naivety. You can't do that, especially if you have, as he does, a UK passport. I mean, honestly, it pisses me off. I have never seen a kid playing in the top tier of u-19 Spain, the same tier as Koleosho and in fact a similar level, then get out and just sit around picking his butt for a year because he could not figure out the system.

Embarrassing, why are so many Canadian players in the hands of amateur reps? 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

1 hour ago, Ed_S said:

To be fair, he was inured for 6 months during that time abroad.

Was he then? He was trialling in England in December 2020 and started playing in Feb 2021 for Getafe, so I am not sure you are right. Unless he got injured at the end of the Getafe stint and that stymied his possibility to sign for this season--but he has trials, so I don't see it. 

But I am not privy to the details, if you are let us know.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Was he then? He was trialling in England in December 2020 and started playing in Feb 2021 for Getafe, so I am not sure you are right. Unless he got injured at the end of the Getafe stint and that stymied his possibility to sign for this season--but he has trials, so I don't see it. 

But I am not privy to the details, if you are let us know.

Not sure on the details but my source is very solid.