Atletico Ottawa - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

Tissot certainly a left-sided player so he could by the LB and move Acosta back over to the right.

Good to have choices but one of the best RB performances I saw for Ottawa was Beckie playing there against Halifax at TD Place.  He was outstanding that afternoon and HFX had no answer for his runs. 

On 1/23/2022 at 11:09 AM, toontownman said:

Why select local players in the draft when you can just sign them? Nothing to say Ottawa aren't going to sign Carelton players?

As much as it is definitely great for local morale to pick local players the draft surely gives teams better reach for players/prospects in different parts of the country that other teams would normally take in their home market. 🤷‍♂️

I love this quote - the comment by the Ravens' players regarding the lack of Carleton signings in this draft seems short sighted. Anywho, being drafted is not as good as being signed. They drafted Malekos last year and my understanding is that he only trained with Ottleti a few times. I guarantee you De Brienne will get more playing time than he did.