Atletico Ottawa - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

27 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Wow ottawa gets the best keeper in the league and a great midfielder in bassett

Agree on the first part. Mista seemed to think Powley's distribution was important but getting the angles right and making agile reflex saves is still the bread and butter of goalkeeping.

Not sold on Bassett being worth nailing down to two years guaranteed on an import slot presumably on one of the most lucrative contracts. Started strongly when most teams were off the pace a bit in Winnipeg but didn't stand out so much after that.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

Just now, StillOnFire said:

Indeed. But as stated in other threads, if it wasn't for FM, I would have zero interest or knowledge of Canadian soccer. Certain players will always bring back memories for me :D

I play CM 01/02 as it is, IMHO, the best of the CM franchise.

Anyway, it is always funny to have the chance to buy Nash, Hume, Peschisolido and the likes.  😄

Just now, gwsmith63 said:

I play CM 01/02 as it is, IMHO, the best of the CM franchise.

Anyway, it is always funny to have the chance to buy Nash, Hume, Peschisolido and the likes.  😄

CM 01/02 was my first entry into the franchise. I think i pretty much played it daily for several years.  It was easily the best game in the franchise for years. Basic enough that it easy to get into, but far more in depth then what came before it. To Madiera is still a god ;)

2 minutes ago, StillOnFire said:

CM 01/02 was my first entry into the franchise. I think i pretty much played it daily for several years.  It was easily the best game in the franchise for years. Basic enough that it easy to get into, but far more in depth then what came before it. To Madiera is still a god ;)

If starting up a new save with a team that has a decent transfer kitty, pick up striker Luca Toni after a few seasons.  That MF won me Champions Cups on his own!  :)

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Not sold on Bassett being worth nailing down to two years guaranteed on an import slot presumably on one of the most lucrative contracts.

What makes you think it's one of the more lucrative contracts? He hasn't been a standout player in this league so far

Did not see Tissot coming back but makes sense if he is looking for more playing time! He is familiar with Ottawa enough AND should compete if not start at LB. I am looking forward to a Haworth announcement sometime in the future. This gives us 13 +2 draftees + Carl + 2 others I am quite certain have signed but I am sworn to secrecy on. Vamos Ottleti!

Edited by Senorpopps

25 minutes ago, Senorpopps said:

Did not see Tissot coming back but makes sense if he is looking for more playing time! He is familiar with Ottawa enough AND should compete if not start at LB. I am looking forward to a Haworth announcement sometime in the future. This gives us 13 +2 draftees + Carl + 2 others I am quite certain have signed but I am sworn to secrecy on. Vamos Ottleti!

I would think Miguel Acosta would be your starting LB based on his performances last season once he made the LB shirt his own.

Edited by gwsmith63

4 minutes ago, Senorpopps said:

Everyone on here is sworn to secrecy.  😉

Well, except for Aleman's agent.  😁

17 minutes ago, Senorpopps said:

Uhh is Costa not a right back? Left back was Neufville ...

Nope, he played LB (although probably plays both RB and LB). At least for the second half of the season.  Neufville was injured and not sure if he is going back to Ottawa (unless I missed a signing tweet/email).

Beckie played some games at RB and then for a bunch it was Verhoeven (sp).

Edited by gwsmith63

So to date:

Atlético Ottawa 2022 Roster as of January 26th, 2022
GK: Nathan Ingham (CAN)
Defenders: Miguel Acosta (ESP), Drew Beckie (CAN), MacDonald Ngwa Niba (CMR), Maxim Tissot (CAN)
Midfielders: Kevan Alemán (CAN), Zakaria Bahous (CAN), Ollie Bassett (GBR), Chris Mannella (CAN), Ben McKendry (CAN), Zach Verhoven (CAN)
Forwards: Malcolm Shaw (CAN), Brian Wright (CAN)