FC Edmonton - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

15 minutes ago, Sohnny Jins said:

according to transfermrkt fc edmonton have made many transfers and have a full squad

No, all the players on the list are ligit (the new Players).  They just haven't cleaned up the players who were not signed at the end of the season, those will be removed as soon as they sign elsewhere or are confirmed by FCE that they are not returning.

A couple names I believe may be in camp based on digging:

Malik Smith: 22 years old, 6'0 Centreback who was earned second team All-Conference honours at Liberty University this season. From Brampton, looks like he is formerly a product of TFC Academy and is repped by the same agency as CPLers like Abzi, TMG, Toussaint, Pacius, etc.

Ousman Maheshe - 19 years old, 5'9 forward playing with NAIT, leading scorer and All-Conference honours in Alberta's collegiate league. Recently played for Edmonton Scottish but has been a product of the FC Edmonton Academy U-20.

25 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Few more announcements on the way by the sound of things:

It's Marcus Simmons, for a Forward he doesn't have a very impressive goal scoring rate at the Canadian collegiate level but it sounds like he impressed on trial.

Keeping in mind, York is one of the more talented teams in USPORTS and he was behind Dieu Merci Yuma (who has produced at the professional level) and Soji Olatoye (York USPORTS draftee) in the depth chart.

Edited by Pottsy3

44 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

It's Marcus Simmons, for a Forward he doesn't have a very impressive goal scoring rate at the Canadian collegiate level but it sounds like he impressed on trial.

Keeping in mind, York is one of the more talented teams in USPORTS and he was behind Dieu Merci Yuma (who has produced at the professional level) and Soji Olatoye (York USPORTS draftee) in the depth chart.

Half their squad are going to be forwards at this rate lol Guess Ricci is out of luck. 

Hopefully Shome is back and they get a couple of other really solid midfield pieces. They need them.

6 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

Didn't make the team back in 2018 for the first cpl season 

Nice bit of redemption 

On 3/25/2022 at 10:54 AM, Pottsy3 said:

I wonder if Jordan Faria is another one on the roster. I saw on instagram that he was doing physiotherapy with Terique Mohammed yesterday. 

I also hope they bring back Marcus Velado-Tsegaye. Always thought he had a good amount of potential, and as a young, local player I can't imagine his wages were too high.

Hopefully a few of local pros sign a minimum contract in exchange for mins .. Shamit shome, Marcus Velado would be solify the midfield ... Surprised no usl loans not sure if any of bruno Zebie, caceras, prince Amanda, Jose Hernandez choose to trial

3 hours ago, yothat2 said:

Hopefully a few of local pros sign a minimum contract in exchange for mins .. Shamit shome, Marcus Velado would be solify the midfield ... Surprised no usl loans not sure if any of bruno Zebie, caceras, prince Amanda, Jose Hernandez choose to trial

I've wondered about Shamit Shome's commitment to being a professional footballer in the long term. I thought one of the reasons he moved back to Edmonton was for educational reasons (granted I may be wrong). He was obviously a player with huge potential, but last season he underwhelmed. It would be nice to see him in the CanPL for another year though.

7 hours ago, StillOnFire said:

I've wondered about Shamit Shome's commitment to being a professional footballer in the long term. I thought one of the reasons he moved back to Edmonton was for educational reasons (granted I may be wrong). He was obviously a player with huge potential, but last season he underwhelmed. It would be nice to see him in the CanPL for another year though.

Might be announced next 

https://twitter.com/FCEdmontonNow/status/1507860119157043200?t=8mbgn1ZOLM-wOJmWk_R4Tg&s=19