Theo Corbeanu

jordan

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

To me, Theo has always seemed like a guy who is deceptively fast. He doesn't look rapid like Millar, Davies or Tajon, but he moves quick nonetheless. Perhaps it's his running style, with that lanky frame of his, maybe it just seems he is moving slow, because he's pretty good at being direct and keeping the ball away from opponents, who seem unable to catch him at times. 

He's also had some injuries, so maybe his speed has actually decresed. 

56 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Interesting, not something I would say.  The only real video I can find from his time at Granada is the goal.  Hard to judge because he is watching the ball the whole but doesn't look like "concrete boots" for sure. 

Earlier, he was at fast as most of the fullbacks he faced of the mark and would beat them if it became a full sprint. 

He does look deceptively fast and that's something I had noticed especially during his time at Blackpool- not a guy like Davies or Millar for sure, but given his physical profile, I've always considered him a guy with speed. He does look sluggish to me this year, and perhaps that's just because of how big he is, and how fast his opponents are compared to other leagues he's been in, but I also wonder if it's less about fitness and more about just defensive placements. I'll see a lot of plays where there's a cross over to the right side, the opposing winger takes the ball into wide open space, and only when he's getting into the box do you see Theo jogging into the camera's view. I notice he often over commits to his man- he'll defend one player, that player makes a short pass to another, he runs after that guy, who then passes back to the original teammate who is then off to the races.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

To me, Theo has always seemed like a guy who is deceptively fast. He doesn't look rapid like Millar, Davies or Tajon, but he moves quick nonetheless. Perhaps it's his running style, with that lanky frame of his, maybe it just seems he is moving slow, because he's pretty good at being direct and keeping the ball away from opponents, who seem unable to catch him at times. 

He's also had some injuries, so maybe his speed has actually decresed. 

I also think he's deceptively fast, doesn't seem so slow. 

I recall, years ago, Theo would often settle the ball and then try to make a short quick move to find space for a cross. A little fault perhaps, sometimes you have to use the space you get when you receive to make the play, use the pass to you to create the space. But he's quick on a short play, and can get a cross off around a defender because he's long-legged.

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

I also think he's deceptively fast, doesn't seem so slow. 

I recall, years ago, Theo would often settle the ball and then try to make a short quick move to find space for a cross. A little fault perhaps, sometimes you have to use the space you get when you receive to make the play, use the pass to you to create the space. But he's quick on a short play, and can get a cross off around a defender because he's long-legged.

I hardly ever remember him crossing, one of things he needed/needs to work on - not trying to go past every man and ending up in a blind alley. 😉

36 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I hardly ever remember him crossing, one of things he needed/needs to work on - not trying to go past every man and ending up in a blind alley. 😉

He definitely crosses now. That was basically his role at Grasshopper. Actually, I think he didn't go for goal enough during his time there.

3 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

He definitely crosses now. That was basically his role at Grasshopper. Actually, I think he didn't go for goal enough during his time there.

He was/is working on it, I agree.

Still don't think it's his first inclination, so credit to him for attempting the change to get himself minutes.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

17 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

By 2026, we’re going to be playing a Back 8- 3 CBs and 2 wingbacks on each side and an extra wingback that just kinda runs from side to side. 

CB is our weakest position...

Personally, I'd take one out so we can fit in another wingback. 

14 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

CB is our weakest position...

Personally, I'd take one out so we can fit in another wingback. 

By 2026, LDF is going to be playing champions league with Fulham and Bombito will probably be at Besiktas or maybe like Eintract Frankfurt or Marseille or something , so them with 4-time Swedish champion Derek Cornelius isn’t a shabby back 3 by any means.

19 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

By 2026, LDF is going to be playing champions league with Fulham and Bombito will probably be at Besiktas or maybe like Eintract Frankfurt or Marseille or something , so them with 4-time Swedish champion Derek Cornelius isn’t a shabby back 3 by any means.

You seem to have completely ignored franklin who, by 2026, will have moved to Belguim and is more of the profile the CMNT is looking for in a RCB.... 

9 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

You seem to have completely ignored franklin who, by 2026, will have moved to Belguim and is more of the profile the CMNT is looking for in a RCB.... 

Man you're selling him short. Once he hits that growth spurt, he's probably like a middle table prem player or like middle/high end Ligue 1 guy. Lens, Brentford, clubs of that nature.

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

By 2026, we’re going to be playing a Back 8- 3 CBs and 2 wingbacks on each side and an extra wingback that just kinda runs from side to side. 

It's been a long day but that visual apparently got me. Cheers.

To be fair to the whole conversation, Wednesday, under Darren Moore at least, played 3 at the back and so you could probably call what he was doing there wingback as well.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Granada are back at it vs. Alavés this Sunday at 4:30 local time. 

Most talk around the club is about making decisions for next season. They have players away on loan, and loanees in, and have to choose a squad that can get them promoted back up again. 

I suspect they will continue with the coach, Sandoval. Theo has to be aware he and many others are trialing for next year's roster, it is a casting for the roster to get them back into top flight. He may not be happy about it, but 2nd division is hard and competitive in Spain, and he'll see large stadiums, imo he really should understand it won't be a serious step back for him.

An interesting piece of data came up this week: Granada is the team that receives the most fouls in La Liga. That is odd, a team that is poor, with a weak attack, being fouled like hell.